please tell me why this won't work

Moderator: Support Moderators

Mikel123
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Re: please tell me why this won't work

Post by Mikel123 »

Holy crap, I cannot multiply apparently. Sorry nightshark, and sorry Mrs. Jurgeleit, my 3rd grade teacher.

Shaco, don't forget, your first swing is essentially instantaneous. So you have a 50/50 chance of hitting and disrupting the spell, if you get there in time. It's your second swing for which the timer becomes an issue.

Shaco

Post by Shaco »

yes, i see. the second swing with a short spear comes one tenth of a second slower for me than someone with 20 more dex.

i am curious though, while in combat, how could you tell me apart from a 7x dexer ? what would he be using instead of magery/eval?

Sandro

Post by Sandro »

Shaco wrote:yes, i see. the second swing with a short spear comes one tenth of a second slower for me than someone with 20 more dex.

i am curious though, while in combat, how could you tell me apart from a 7x dexer ? what would he be using instead of magery/eval?
Depends on the skills he chose. I personally decided to go with this.

http://my.uosecondage.com/Status/Player/16221

I originally had 100 tracking so that even hidden farmers couldn't escape by staying hidden, but after a while I decided that magery for gheals was especially useful and would make me pretty much invincible.
[14:17] <UOSAPlayer4056> cr3w guild is a joke. Ran by staff members, multi client pking, this shards a joke and a half.
Blaise wrote:Man, you guys are really stepping up your game now that you're not living in the shadow of cr3w

Shaco

Post by Shaco »

wow thank you again sir, i like your build. i can't find anything on the wiki, what does poisoning do for you?

not being a smartass, and i don't normally reply this much. i admired your tournament record, and i want to take the chance to talk to someone who is at the endgame of where i'm headed
Last edited by Shaco on Wed Sep 08, 2010 8:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Pirul

Post by Pirul »

You can re-poison your weapon on the fly.
<ian> 2 chicks making out are not gay

Shaco

Post by Shaco »

thanks to everyone, i got the answers i need for now. goodbye

Sandro

Post by Sandro »

Pirul wrote:You can re-poison your weapon on the fly.
Unlimited deadly poison on the field instead of basic charges from an alternate character poisoning once.
[14:17] <UOSAPlayer4056> cr3w guild is a joke. Ran by staff members, multi client pking, this shards a joke and a half.
Blaise wrote:Man, you guys are really stepping up your game now that you're not living in the shadow of cr3w

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by MatronDeWinter »

Once someone starts fighting back (or multiple people) and you start losing you are basically dead unless you rely on invis/teleport/MR items. The magery thing will be almost worthless vs a dexer without wrestle except for the initial loading of a spell. This makes you basically a crappy dexer in that situation. Any tank mage will be able to heal through your spells easily and then fight you as if you were a dexer without any mana, and the low dex won't help in that case.

If you absolutely want to have some crazy hybrid thing like this, I would recommend playing a full dexer with magery, the recall/teleport/G-heal/Cure utility can really come in handy. Alternatively, I always liked that one guy who used to play in the tournaments and did really well. Pimpalot? He was some sort of Mage-tank mage, only he had a bit more dex than the typical tank.

Sandro

Post by Sandro »

MatronDeWinter wrote:Alternatively, I always liked that one guy who used to play in the tournaments and did really well. Pimpalot? He was some sort of Mage-tank mage, only he had a bit more dex than the typical tank.
http://my.uosecondage.com/Status/Player/55300

You mean that guy?

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by MatronDeWinter »

Sandro wrote:
MatronDeWinter wrote:Alternatively, I always liked that one guy who used to play in the tournaments and did really well. Pimpalot? He was some sort of Mage-tank mage, only he had a bit more dex than the typical tank.
http://my.uosecondage.com/Status/Player/55300

You mean that guy?
Yeah, that's the guy. I didn't realize he even had healing :lol: I guess he's more of a dexer.