Any tech gurus - need help regarding LowerPing & UO

nightshark
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Any tech gurus - need help regarding LowerPing & UO

Post by nightshark »

I'm trying to get the LowerPing software to work with UOSA. It seems the software works by attaching itself to a particular process (like, in the case of WOW it looks for wow.exe or whatever it's client is called). I was advised on the LowerPing forums to select a completely different game (based off the client.exe file name).

This is the topic I created on the LowerPing.com website: http://www.lowerping.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=6678

My question here is that if the software is attaching itself to client.exe, will that work? Or are the packets actually handled by razor? I know the in game -ping function is handled by razor, at least.

In the case where the packets are handled by razor, is there any way I can rename the razor.exe so LowerPing will attach itself to that? Like I could rename razor to WOW.exe and select the game World Of Warcraft, LowerPing would then think Razor is WOW.
<green> grats pink and co. .... the 3 of you f---ing scrubs together can blow up a bard. IMPRESSIVE

marmalade

Re: Any tech gurus - need help regarding LowerPing & UO

Post by marmalade »

have you tried renaming it?

nightshark
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by nightshark »

marmalade wrote:have you tried renaming it?
Well, I'm not sure if I should yet because I need to know whether Razor or the client is handling the packets. It's not easy to tell in game because I only expect a ping drop of about 230 -> 190. Even if the in game ping function shows me a 40 ping difference, it doesn't necessarily mean that it's reducing my ping - razor may only handle the -ping function. I can't really ask these questions on the LowerPing forum, as they only have an option for UO, they don't support it or know any of the technical stuff regarding the 3rd party software (razor) :(
<green> grats pink and co. .... the 3 of you f---ing scrubs together can blow up a bard. IMPRESSIVE

Myg

Post by Myg »

Thats a good question, I suspect attaching itself to client.exe/client_noenc.exe should make it work as well as its going to. I have a very limited understanding of razor, but i suspect it just accesses and manipulates the memory of client.exe at runtime/etc like every other hacking system out there. I doubt it actually generates the packets and sends them itself, it would be a safe bet to assume that the game exe looks after that still.

I installed the beta 1.9 from the site and it seems they have an UltimaOnline selection under the game list. Give it a try and see how it goes.

Curious to see how well this works! Back when the internet was just becomming available to the masses people were selling programs that would "lower your ping" but never really worked. Due to the high amount of traffic and the need to prioritise traffic more then ever, it seems the technique they are using might just make a nice difference in gameplay!

If anyone knows better, please correct me!

nightshark
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by nightshark »

The 1.9 won't work with the UOSA client, you need to download the 2.0 beta and select the game "Anarchy" from the list. LowerPing is working when I select that (and gives a noticable decrease in ping).

I'm wondering if hot keys set in razor are being sent to the server through razor though - maybe that's what the "Pass to UO" button does?

Dagon

Post by Dagon »

pass to UO just continues sending the keys to the client..
like if you set a hotkey for hiding on H, and dont select pass to uo, you will never be able to type H in game.. but pass to uo you can type Hello

nightshark
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by nightshark »

Dagon wrote:pass to UO just continues sending the keys to the client..
like if you set a hotkey for hiding on H, and dont select pass to uo, you will never be able to type H in game.. but pass to uo you can type Hello
oh, right! i feel safer turning my hotkeys on and off to avoid hitting attack last target on a blue ;)

rouss

Post by rouss »

is it just for aussies?...
Chesapeake Nov. 1998 — July 2000
Second Age Feb. 2009 —

Myg

Post by Myg »

The system is available for everyone, but you may only find it worthwhile to use from particular countries that are far away.

Lucien

Post by Lucien »

So, it isnt free, right?

How much do you guys pay for it?

Myg

Post by Myg »

Look at their website, the pricing depends on destination country.

nightshark
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by nightshark »

There is a free trial.