Movement seems to stop randomly

Sadistica

Movement seems to stop randomly

Post by Sadistica »

I can't seem to figure out why I can just be running in a straight line and all the sudden out of nowhere I just stop for a second or two and resume, I won't press/unpress any buttons. Has anyone heard of/experienced this before??

This is very similar to how when you will be on auto-run and some text will pop up right where your mouse cursor is and stop you from running, then after the text fades, you resume automatically. I'm having the same issue, except there isnt any text near and I'm manually running.

Any advice?

wgensel
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Movement seems to stop randomly

Post by wgensel »

Do other things freeze? I don't suppose it's just lag or the server save occurring?

Sadistica

Post by Sadistica »

Well I know it's not the server save. It happens about once a minute. Also, I have experienced connection lag and it is not that. It appears to be something between my client and computer.

Ripplinger

Post by Ripplinger »

Is anything else running on your computer while you're playing? You might try stopping any AV or malware programs just while you play to see if it helps, and stop any programs that might do system maintenance in the background like defrag, or programs that endlessly keep checking for updates.

I've seen exactly this happen in other games when using TeamSpeak or Ventrillo and get disconnected, and the program would automatically keep trying to reconnect every minute and you'd basically just stop while it tried.

jtk2102

Post by jtk2102 »

Are you using macro's that move you around? It's a known Razor issue that their movement command create weird lag... try closing out and restarting the client without using any 'movement' macros.