PKs in Destard - Shallow Grave, Hendrix, and Hecklar

A place to pull up a stool, drink an ale, and share your sagas with fellow patrons. (Roleplay Forum - In Character Only)
Forum rules
This forum is strictly for in-game RP and storyline related info. For more general discussion, please post in General Discussion or Other, as appropriate.
BamBam
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

PKs in Destard - Shallow Grave, Hendrix, and Hecklar

Post by BamBam »

I'm new to the server after not playing UO since 1998 after they bastardized the game. I LOVE this server so far and it takes me way back. I've been grinding my bard "Bob" in Destard mostly, and with that comes getting PKed pretty often, especially during peak hours. Well, today I was PKed by Shallow Grave, Hendrix, and Hecklar and I want to say that these guys are great. I don't mean they're awesome at combat because I'm not good enough yet to judge, but I mean, they're the ANTI-GRIEF type of PK and I love them for it. After killing me, they immediately rez me, heal me, leave my rune for me, drop recall reags, and cast invis (even though I can gm hide) and they're on their way. Very honorable and I just wanted to say it's much appreciated. The alternative is a very long run to town (or a run to the shrine in destard which can be dangerous). Thanks!

See, when some other PKs, can't remember names, kill me and say "fuck off n00b" that would probably make most people want to quit (personally, I don't let it get to me). I think attendance on the server is important. These guys are a good example.

Mikel123
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Re: PKs in Destard - Shallow Grave, Hendrix, and Hecklar

Post by Mikel123 »

The population of UOSA as a whole is actually pretty respectful at this point in time. Not in terms of gameplay, necessarily... people still kill, loot, and thieve, which is a part of the game. But the harassment and language is pretty respectful for an online game, in my opinion. It's still a little sad that, in a game in which by definition most of us are well into adulthood, we are surprised when people don't use hateful/ignorant/infantile language. But nonetheless... yeah, it's a good time to be playing UOSA :-)

Populus

Post by Populus »

Mikel123 wrote:yeah, it's a good time to be playing UOSA :-)
Not for long. It's almost winter.
ImageImageImage
[cA]

Shoklar Fareese

Post by Shoklar Fareese »

I hav herd of ther legnd
Shoklar Fareese The Movie Trailer - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5toubOe-Z8k

Roser
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Roser »

Shallow always was a softy....

Haha, for real, it is important to treat your fellow gamer's with respect (except for Felix), especially if they are new.

I think everyone has a common interest to increase the population here.

How noble it is that us pk's help noob's only to enable their inevitable slaughter at a later time.... its like fattening the piggy before the kill so he yields more salty meat.

BamBam
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by BamBam »

I finally have a decent skill set after a lot of macroing and I'm finding it much easier to escape PKs now. That is 1v1.. a group will probably still tear me up too fast. I joined an anti-pk guild too, so that may help.

Mychia

Post by Mychia »

They also got my bard today. I have the same story. They resed me gave recall regs and didn't dry loot. Even saved my horse from dieing. It is odd to get PKed and then saying ty as they give you recall regs ...lol

Darokgoodnes

Post by Darokgoodnes »

I have to say, Hendrix is a decent guy. Took pity on me when I looted a npc I intended to 'rescue', and healed all the damage he had done to me.

Sinth

Post by Sinth »

The faster you get back to town and restock the faster they can come back and kill you again. It's in their best interest to get you back to town and not leave you stranded.

kwhiz73
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by kwhiz73 »

I've had similar experiences with most pks as well, although one a few days ago mentioned that my backpack organization left much to be desired.

The comedian bunch will rez you too(even though it seems to be against their policy) if you crack a quick joke or give your horse a humerous name.

Anabolic

Post by Anabolic »

BamBam,

Id say all my friends are the PK's that say fuck-off newb. Its just apart of the game. It happened to everyone at some point. People shouldn't take it personal :)

Nero

Post by Nero »

Sinth wrote:The faster you get back to town and restock the faster they can come back and kill you again. It's in their best interest to get you back to town and not leave you stranded.
moreover, the less players feel aggrieved the more people will play. Whilst getting people to rage quit is funny, its certainly not game theory optimal.

ariok

Post by ariok »

Mychia wrote:They also got my bard today. I have the same story. They resed me gave recall regs and didn't dry loot. Even saved my horse from dieing. It is odd to get PKed and then saying ty as they give you recall regs ...lol
Agreed. Thanks for killing me and letting me keep essential escape supplies! (<- Sarcastic/ Un-Sarcastic) It is well appreciated.
<FishTaco> Blizz forums are the absolute worst place to find help
<chainsoar> yeah because they're full of people who think WoW is a good game

ariok

Post by ariok »

Rose

<@Vhyx-PoD> I should do that.. ride around on a bike with a halberd. When the cops ask me I'll say "It's ok, I do this in Ultima Online"

lol
<FishTaco> Blizz forums are the absolute worst place to find help
<chainsoar> yeah because they're full of people who think WoW is a good game

Heckler

Post by Heckler »

Hecklar ?