Ore should be deleted while mining if no room in pack

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
Dagon

Ore should be deleted while mining if no room in pack

Post by Dagon »

9/16/98
Made mining delete ore if it could not fit in backpack (to avoid items in one place piling up and causing problems)

no patch note ever said this was changed, ore should be deleted before razor has a chance to automatically stack it on the ground.

Kelektra
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Ore should be deleted while mining if no room in pack

Post by Kelektra »

Though i cant find it, OSI would stack it on the ground, but not until you were full. At least that is how i remember it. Which sucked because if someone attacked you, not only are they getting the ore on the ground but you couldnt recall away because you were encumbered. Once UOAssist came out and it would stack from 1 ore it was a savior for all miners.

Heck i remember using transparency to hide the stack under the steps and i would gate ore all day long and then just take it in the house when i had thousands.

Its so hard to remember minor details about stacking mechanics though.
Shards Only T-Map Validation System viewtopic.php?f=33&t=24446

BenBrawl
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by BenBrawl »

What about with logs. I seem to remember getting a message the other day that my pack was to full, and instead of the logs goin to the ground, they were deleted? or am i way off here?
Facebook.com/AbsoluteCustomsLLC

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Aye, logs were definately deleted if pack was full. Surprising on the ore, I don't have any recollection of this myself at all, for all the mining I did. I used UOA to stack ore I belive.

It would be interesting to verify this on Live EA UO if it's never been changed.

Thanks much!
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."

dren
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by dren »

I find it odd that logs would delete when you chop them off. However, I find it equally as odd that ore doesn't behave the same way as logs. I don't remember clearly whether ore deleted on my miner. I mined A LOT during the T2A era probably a million ingots. If ore deleted then I probably would remember, but it was so long ago I could have forgotten. It would be good to not only check whether ore deleted but also whether the logs did so we can get this confirmed accurate.
Fit: Alderman, Merchants of Britannia: Proudly serving UOSA for more than 160 Sosarian years.

Stranger

Post by Stranger »

I mined a friggin ton, I spent almost all of t2a as a miner/smith, and the dudes right, ore did delete. I forget the exact message it gave. It said somthing like "The metal you have mined was deleted because you have no more room in your backpack". I remember because I mined using a hotkey with a penny in the key, and I would always lose a few ore to the full pack message before I could get the penny out and drop my ore to the ground.
[01:12:32] <Nevermore> Stranger you are the reason I hate christmas
[01:12:36] <Nevermore> You specifically
[01:12:44] <Nevermore> Every year? Christmas sucks. Because of Stranger

Barid

Post by Barid »

I too remember this very clearly. I figured it was just dropping because of razor and without razor, it would in fact delete. As said, the message was something along the lines of "You discard the ore as you have no more room in your pack.".

Stranger

Post by Stranger »

Barid wrote:I too remember this very clearly. I figured it was just dropping because of razor and without razor, it would in fact delete. As said, the message was something along the lines of "You discard the ore as you have no more room in your pack.".
I dont remember the exact message, somthing about the metal you have mined was lost.
[01:12:32] <Nevermore> Stranger you are the reason I hate christmas
[01:12:36] <Nevermore> You specifically
[01:12:44] <Nevermore> Every year? Christmas sucks. Because of Stranger

Sandro

Post by Sandro »

Your backpack is full, so the metal you mined is lost.

I remember this pretty clearly, that's why you could usually find many ore piles @ brit mines frequently. Although they had custom added forges every 4 screens or so..
[14:17] <UOSAPlayer4056> cr3w guild is a joke. Ran by staff members, multi client pking, this shards a joke and a half.
Blaise wrote:Man, you guys are really stepping up your game now that you're not living in the shadow of cr3w

Greenmantle

Post by Greenmantle »

Glad we don't have to stick rolls of coins or tape on keys anymore.

Ronk
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Ronk »

Is there any point in even implementing this given that razor will just stack to feet? O_o
------------------
The Bloodrock Orcs - http://www.bloodrock.org
Historic Bloodrock

Safir
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Safir »

Ronk wrote:Is there any point in even implementing this given that razor will just stack to feet? O_o
I think so, mostly because accuracy, and the fact that it's possible to play without razor for those that want to enjoy UO like many did back in the day. Btw, is NMC still around?