Treasure maps out of era atm!

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
Ulfrigg

Treasure maps out of era atm!

Post by Ulfrigg »

Is there a reason that lvl 1 maps dont have rings or stuff with magic reflect, teleport and invisibility in them?
Im not sure about the other lvls yet if they got em here since iw only done lvl 1 tmaps so far.

Anyway back in this era the tmaps worked that you could get the same items no matter what lvl it was, the diffrence was the quantite in them, in other words you get more loot in the higher once but not better loot and unique loot. Is this gona get fixed?

Btw small thing but i notised you cant dig up treasures whit a pick axe, that should be doable since i always had a newbie pickaxe on my thunter since it took less space in the back pack.
Last edited by Ulfrigg on Thu Sep 29, 2011 4:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Tresure maps out of era atm!

Post by MatronDeWinter »

I agree that Tmap loot, dungeon chest loot, and dungeon chest locations are severely cut back on UOSA. I remember pulling 500 gp each time from a group of spawning level 4 chests in a particular area. Here, they don't spawn in the right location(s), and the loot is much less.

SighelmofWyrmgard

Post by SighelmofWyrmgard »

Ulfrigg wrote:Btw small thing but i notised you cant dig up tresures whit a pick axe, that should be doable since i always had a newbie pickaxe on my thunter since it took less space in the back pack.

I'm thinking you must be doing something wrong: I dig them up with a pickaxe all the time; has something changed in the last 2 weeks?

I agree that some loot items are not appearing with the frequency they should: I am getting Vanquishing weapons and Invulnerabiliy armor with appropriate rarity, but I agree with the OP that we should also rarely see Invisibility and Magic Reflect items, and these don't seem to be appearing at all; this has been mentioned in at least one different thread(s), but I recall neither any community consensus, nor any official disposition from staff, and my own in-era recollections are understandably hazy.

SS
SighelmofWyrmgard wrote:
uosa44 wrote:For sale, by original owner:
1 Human Brain, never been used, only slightly damaged, still in original packaging.
$1, obo
FTFY.

SS
uosa44 wrote:The inability for this person to respond in such a crazy manner proves my point.

Ulfrigg

Post by Ulfrigg »

Yeah i might have done something wrong or it was changed , not sure on witch but i only tested it once to try and dig up the treasure with a pickaxe like 3 mounths ago.

Iw done over 100 lvl 1 tmaps here and still havent got one ring or any item with magic reflect or invis on them so i dont think its just bad luck. Pls fix this :)

platy

Post by platy »

This was discussed a long time ago.. and the consensus WAS that the difference in the levels of chests was the amount of items..
I thought thats how it is here.. aside from gold differences, the chance of pulling a vanq is the same for all chests.. but for higher levels you just get more items with same percentage to pull vanqs.

Joe

Post by Joe »

I've done ~300 lvl 1s and never pulled magic reflect items.

Alex the Artist

Post by Alex the Artist »

I have done 100's of level 1 maps over the years and have never received any items of:

Teleport
Invis
Reflect

Does anyone know if they are in levels 2, 3 or 4?

Arsen
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Arsen »

rings only in lvl 5.
other items like earrings, barcelet, magic clothing etc) very very rarly in lvl 4s.
thats all
[22:00:50] <@Dupre> arsen isnt raging, hes jsut german, it just sounds taht way
[22:00:58] <@Dupre> hes actually very calm and gentle
[22:03:54] <@Dupre> arsen is also the best player here

nightshark
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by nightshark »

Arsen wrote:rings only in lvl 5.
other items like earrings, barcelet, magic clothing etc) very very rarly in lvl 4s.
thats all
This is correct in my experience - rings only spawn in lv5. I did around 100 lv3-5 chests in my time as a t-hunter and only ever pulled rings from the half dozen or so level 5s I completed.

However it's not too hard to find invis/tele rings in dungeon chests.
<green> grats pink and co. .... the 3 of you f---ing scrubs together can blow up a bard. IMPRESSIVE

Ulfrigg

Post by Ulfrigg »

Arsen wrote:rings only in lvl 5.
thats all
This is definitely Not how it worked back in this era, i got alot of rings and mr/invis items from mainly lvl 1-4 chests since i never gmed lockpicking i only did a few of lvl 5 maps with others. Only diffrence was the circle of spells and quantity of items/gold nothing else. I did several hundreds of maps between 98 and 2001 when i played this game.

I remember reading something about that they changed the loot table on the chest once the lvl 6 maps came, so thats probebly that loot table were using here atm.

Sultan of Swing

Post by Sultan of Swing »

you also get rings from lvl 4 dungeon chests, just a note.

Ulfrigg

Post by Ulfrigg »

Sultan of Swing wrote:you also get rings from lvl 4 dungeon chests, just a note.
I know that now but as i said i never gmed my lockpicking, witch means i never did dungeon chests=)
So if thats what your emplying i got my rings from dont explain the other things anyway.

My first dungeon chests was actually on this server and i was amazed to see how mutch invis/mr and tele rings you could get from them.

Omnicron

Post by Omnicron »

Anyone notice some of the locations on valor island cannot be dug up?

poogoblin

Post by poogoblin »

Omnicron wrote:Anyone notice some of the locations on valor island cannot be dug up?
Sounds like you need to find yourself a new Tmap rune library. Been awhile since I've been actively Thunting but I never had a problem with any of the spots (minus the library I used to use would be a step or two off)

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Looking into this. Thanks
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."