Player town for PoD

A place to pull up a stool, drink an ale, and share your sagas with fellow patrons. (Roleplay Forum - In Character Only)
Forum rules
This forum is strictly for in-game RP and storyline related info. For more general discussion, please post in General Discussion or Other, as appropriate.

Should PoD have a player town with addons.

Poll ended at Wed Feb 02, 2011 12:59 pm

Yes
83%
No
17%

Total votes: 87

Roser
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Re: Player town for PoD

Post by Roser »

PoD Past event's...

Quest for Pirate Booty! We basically donated a ton of awesome loot to all who participated.
viewtopic.php?f=45&t=21443

The Barnacle Brawl! A night of Brutal mayhem (Round 2 coming soon!)
viewtopic.php?f=45&t=21745

More recently....

Race for Riches! (Event is currently being built, sign up!)
viewtopic.php?f=45&t=24912

And many more to come!

Mad Max
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Mad Max »

I say yes, also very awesome they help against afk resource gathering.

DarkWing
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by DarkWing »

Arsen wrote:
DarkWing wrote: i am not angry at anyone ... but i don't see where they deserve town addons .. there are much more active guilds out their. doing a whole lot more for this server than POD.
uhm dw

1. you r angry because we kill your fisher thats a fact.
2. if you dont see why we deserve town addons you should argument why.
3. what is much more active for you? we are sailing everyday aince months...
4. what are those much more active guilds doing a lot more for this server?
please name them here + what they do or did for uosa.
5. we already made events months ago and are also planing on new ones.
6. i think we reported more afk miners/fishers than any other guild as a example
the famouse afk miner fatty mike.

and ty to matron and downs (cA) for there positive feedback, very appricated
1. you r angry because we kill your fisher thats a fact. not so ... infact i have sent PM's to Vhyx both times, none which included any hatred what so ever
2. if you dont see why we deserve town addons you should argument why. My arguement is your still too young of a guild IMO, There are more Deserving guilds out there
3. what is much more active for you? we are sailing everyday aince months...sorry to say .. you are mistaken there was a period of a couple of months where the guild was inactive and the Sea's where Boring
4. what are those much more active guilds doing a lot more for this server?
please name them here + what they do or did for uosa.haven't seen anything that POD does for Secondage, Lots of People Kill AFK'rs .. your nothing Special!
5. we already made events months ago and are also planing on new ones. Good for you ... looking forward to them! keep up the good work.
6. i think we reported more afk miners/fishers than any other guild as a example
the famouse afk miner fatty mike. .haven't seen anything that POD does for Secondage, Lots of People Kill AFK'rs .. your nothing Special!

Put this on the forums to get people to vote and give their opinions ... you got mine ... now enough of the Q_Q already

Trusted Member of C^V Guild
Channel Operator of #secondagetrade

Scammer Free Trade Room

Arsen
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Arsen »

dude i asked you who those guilds r and what they did for uosa. and u repeat this
pointless answere. i think we all know you are just bitching in here at this point.
ty
[22:00:50] <@Dupre> arsen isnt raging, hes jsut german, it just sounds taht way
[22:00:58] <@Dupre> hes actually very calm and gentle
[22:03:54] <@Dupre> arsen is also the best player here

_FTW_

Post by _FTW_ »

I suppose blockades of thoroughfares with ships is a constructive part of the game... quack quack quack mr. ducksworth!

DarkWing
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by DarkWing »

Arsen wrote:dude i asked you who those guilds r and what they did for uosa. and u repeat this
pointless answere. i think we all know you are just bitching in here at this point.
ty
other guilds is a tiny part of my arguement .. its the age and stability of the guild that i question!

Scammer Free Trade Room

Kander
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kander »

We are not going any where. Even if you dont see us doesnt mean we are not on. its the true nature of the pirate to stay low where no one can catch you. Pluss for a good bit i was on my money char working deals for funds just for this cause. i will admit we slowed down once i got married and went on my honey moon. but other then that we are very stable and growing even more. PLUSS PoD will be hiting the land more.

[08:52] <Spitfire|work> chain knows, he's cleaned more houses than that erotic maid service

Downs

Post by Downs »

ok ok ok, a married pirate? now you lost me....
RoadKill wrote: "cA" is a guild of trickery, thieves and explosives so be wary around them.
The New Yew Bank Mall! Don't bother shopping anwhere else!
cA's Database of Adventures!!!

Kander
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kander »

Downs wrote:ok ok ok, a married pirate? now you lost me....

yea me and my wife play on this server :) and she is also in the crew.

[08:52] <Spitfire|work> chain knows, he's cleaned more houses than that erotic maid service

Downs

Post by Downs »

ok you won me over again
RoadKill wrote: "cA" is a guild of trickery, thieves and explosives so be wary around them.

chumbucket
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by chumbucket »

DarkWing wrote:
MatronDeWinter wrote:I have seen them extremely active for a good while. This is clearly more warranted than the little pirate guild outside the delucia passage that has addons, or any of the other player towns. I also enjoy reading of their adventures killing Darkwing at sea (which is probably why he is so angry).

I basically don't like ANY of the player towns, they all act as private little rares collections for the 1-2 actually active people in the "guild" (see uoh). However, this is one of the first deserving cases IMO.
i am not angry at anyone ... but i don't see where they deserve town addons .. there are much more active guilds out their. doing a whole lot more for this server than POD.
Yeah, but we don't want a town.

Downs

Post by Downs »

technically we own vesper don't we?

DarkWing
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by DarkWing »

Downs wrote:technically we own vesper don't we?
i thought C^V owned Vesper

Scammer Free Trade Room

Vhyx

Post by Vhyx »

To touch on DarkWing's statements about him sending me private messages after attacks. They weren't scathing, or rude, or inflammatory, but they were completely unnecessary all the same. As far as his statements about other deserving guilds he didn't bring up any specific examples. If he has them, and he feels it's his duty to advocate against what Kander is asking for then he needs to not be so ambiguous. (I'm certain there is some kind of dislike of PoD by Darkwing, I gathered this from some forum trolling and the blockade comes to mind, so let that be clear as well)

Anyway,

I've only been on the shard since late August, and of that time I've been in PoD for a few weeks (granted I've ranked up pretty quick). My decision to join PoD stemmed from reading these forums including the events they ran and their tales of adventure sceenshots... Of which I have contributed many since my becoming a member. I may even start to do some creative write ups with each new set of postings. I'm on the fence about that though, we'll see.

If anyone thinks our only purpose or goal in life is to kill AFK players, that is incorrect. We will fight with anybody should they choose to engage us. It may not always end in our favor but hey, that's UO. Ask the group that managed to drop a coupe of EV's on our boat next to Ice Dungeon.

We also engaged in combat with DG at Cyclops Valley in T2A, as well as assisting in a raid on their town.

I have a character that once finished is going to conduct "business" on land, and will be making another stealth thief soon. So, at least for my part PoD isn't going to be an entity found only at sea.

Also, Kander has been nice enough to allow some new players access to housing in order to assist them in fleshing out their characters. IIRC there isn't a stipulation that they must join PoD when finished either. It was just a nice gesture, because even though we kill, loot, and smell bad we aren't awful people.

Hythloth Tower for Sale. Contact Boondock_Saint via PMs because it's his and not mine. Azheman will broker the deal, naked.

Boondock_Saint
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Boondock_Saint »

Happy New Year from PoD
Attachments
Uwharrie_1-3_20.25-1.jpg
[quote="Downs"]All the cool kids saw your wizard tears. [/quote]

[21:32] <[Rose]> scurvy is the new chumbucket