Playguides written by Staff and Players.
Much more information on specific skills can be found in our T2A wiki.
checkmate

Re: Guide: Personality Profiles of Players

Post by checkmate »

archaicsubrosa77 wrote:Come on this should have been moved to trash talk already....
Well believe it or not I will be going through some of these claims and try to find evidence. While discussion maybe a little off the I assure you the guide itself will remain neutral.

archaicsubrosa77
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by archaicsubrosa77 »

well I assure you this will land in trash talk and that all alot of people will be will be profiles when people get angry enough to flatten someone.

This should be titled "What I think of people-I like walking around with a Kick me sign on my back"
Derrick wrote:I wish it were possible that a mount could be whacked while you are riding it, but to the best of my knowedge it is not.

Mikel123
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Mikel123 »

It's fairly objective, actually. I think the only piece of true trash talk is your real-life threat of bodily harm to me a couple posts above.

archaicsubrosa77
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

It wasnt a threat...
kind of like saying my dad can beat up your dad.

And I had stated the thing about macroing other power words when casting way before you made your newbie guide.

And I had caused an uproar when pets started getting enticed through gates.

It seemed that aspect of the game had been ignored.

Dragons and mares were being nabbed left and right in the middle of town completely to the owners dismay who were unaware.

I see this thread as opinionated from the get go. This needs to go to trash talk so people can "profile" him.

I was going to keep quiet until I was brought into this knowing full well it was destined there anyway, but if I have to spit obscenities for it to be done I will. This is unadulterated trash talk, no disguising it all the brownnosing notwithstanding.
Derrick wrote:I wish it were possible that a mount could be whacked while you are riding it, but to the best of my knowedge it is not.

J.G

Post by J.G »

wow, this is great stuff. rich, compelling

John Galt

-will recall quickly
-will sell high
-will buy low
-will idle and die random places with halberds

archaicsubrosa77
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Some people say things about Matron being a scammer, or how about when all the regs were stolen from UOH by Chumbucket and Associates when they were holding a resist session for new players? I mean it's admitted they are thiefer/griefers.

Some people say Felix is a stand up guy. Others may have had bad dealings with him but this is UO.

Everyone has a twist or a dark side, and everyone has good traits too.

I am a very nice guy until you are disrespectful then I wouldn't think twice to put my boot in your rear.

Profiling people has no objective perspective unless it is opinion and if he wants to bash people like Yomega and Felix then he should go right to their front door on trash talk and say it.

Other threads that did this sort of thing were moved there, this shouldn't be an exception here.

PS- I never seen malice troll anyone...this dude is flipped

Mad Max
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Mad Max »

ddddddd
Last edited by Mad Max on Fri Jan 07, 2011 2:42 am, edited 2 times in total.

checkmate

Post by checkmate »

Mad Max wrote: Malice is actually a stand up guy and he's pretty cool. He just likes to pk and pvp alot. How does that make him like to troll beginners?
Everyone has friends, and everyone is "pretty cool" to someone.

He killed me only once. The ghosting I discovered because after he killed me I followed him and his troops through the gates and saw their ghosts everywhere, and they were just 4v1ing even the most obvious of newbie players.

As for trolling, I know this about Malice because there were two occasions where he tried to troll me twice on beginner alt chars he tried to convince me to stay in an areas where you couldn't recall in the Tera keep so that he could "get his friends to kill the PKs" that were in the dungeon. Yet when he left he ran to his tower, and switched on to his murderer alt. How did I know this? Because when I was starting I would leave a ghost at their tower to know when they were going to start their ghosting runs.

I asked in IRC why TG ghosted so much and several people referred me to the dragon incident.

Everyone is more or less a civil person in IRC and maybe even the forums but gameplay is where the true you comes out. My guide is based one gameplay attitudes not only against me but other players as well. Do you think it is coincidence that people, especially newbies, whine about being PK'd and dry looted the comedians? I know I am ripping on them but it is because they are the easiest example right now.

Anyway move this wherever you want but as I stated in my Edit my next revision will remove any words that suggest bias and head toward a more neutral fact based format, and will hopefully quell any thought that I am trying to generate opinionated profiles.

EDIT: And I think this is a necessary guide because the community is quite small and there are inner circles of drama, friendships, and chemistry that won't be understood without context. As I stated before my motivation from this was participating in a UoH event and not knowing WTF was going on. I had to ask 10 people before someone could, or would be willing to tell me about chumbucket and his connection to this server.

Mad Max
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Mad Max »

ddddddd
Last edited by Mad Max on Fri Jan 07, 2011 2:42 am, edited 2 times in total.

checkmate

Post by checkmate »

Thanks max I took your thoughts into consideration.
I decided to remove forum/irc profiling, becuase as you said, it is can be very opinionated.

I changed this guide to guides of Characters and ingame actions/claims, in addition I will log whoever makes claims. Claims can be positive, neutral, fact, or negative. This way I don't want to mix out of game personalities which may not reflect ingame personalities.

If this still merits as trash talk please move it accordingly.

Mad Max
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Guide: Personality Profiles of Characters

Post by Mad Max »

dfdfdfdfd
Last edited by Mad Max on Fri Jan 07, 2011 2:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

J.G

Re: Guide: Personality Profiles of Characters

Post by J.G »

it's a hard line to walk, some peoples wittle feelings get hurt., and we must remember that fairness is what we're really trying to achieve here. we must be extra considerate of those like malice who help new players and positively impact our player base, and have literally immeasurable impacts on our community.

furthermore, i would like to suggest that in the future we should try not to judge or hold anyone accountable for what they do(or even speak of what people do)

morganm

Re: .

Post by morganm »

Don't back down after a little debate. While I don't think your thread is any sort of 'guide', rather opinionated, and likely does belong in Trash Talk.... I actually thought it was good reading. I'm fairly new here and finding who is who, what they do, and basically what you can expect if you run in to them (or an alt) in game is helpful.

If you can back up your claims here and it's not just troll dribble... own it man; go with it!

checkmate

Post by checkmate »

Thanks
I think i will bring back this guide later once I have more data, a good template, and a specific system I am following for rating players. I think I tried to start the guide a bit too early.

BobDobbs
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by BobDobbs »

The crazies ruined an entertaining thread.
"Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." - H.L. Mencken
UOSA Last.fm group!