Finishing The Roads Of Ascalon K^A // A-V

A place to pull up a stool, drink an ale, and share your sagas with fellow patrons. (Roleplay Forum - In Character Only)
Forum rules
This forum is strictly for in-game RP and storyline related info. For more general discussion, please post in General Discussion or Other, as appropriate.

Request To Finish The Roads Of Ascalon

Yes
49%
No
51%

Total votes: 78

BenBrawl
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Finishing The Roads Of Ascalon K^A // A-V

Post by BenBrawl »

i voted no

From one of the biggest guild on UOSA, everytime ive come to k^a town since twoton took back over, ive only seen you guys macroing on the tower roof. For being a "active" guild, youve held what 2 events last yr? also i never see any new comments or topics in your guild thread on for forums.

While K^A might have some players that play everynight, that doesnt make the guild active.
Facebook.com/AbsoluteCustomsLLC

TwoTon

Post by TwoTon »

we have our own Guild Forums that is used daily.

if you have been to our town and only seen people macroing you are wrong, i know good and well we have had
duel sessions for an hour or so almost every day.

TwoTon

Post by TwoTon »

Mikel123 wrote:I voted no.

K^A is not a true guild.

A true guild has some unifying characteristics, shared interest, etc. Usually roleplaying-related, even if it's goofy like one of the half-dozen "unique" pirate guilds.

K^A just tries to have the largest guild in terms of joined players. That's it. That's the unifying characteristic. That's what K^A does. Sure there might be group trips to dungeons, etc., but how does this involve roads?

To me, a guild that gets roads should have some thematic purpose for them. Like if the merchants guild had a few different vendor houses, maybe that would make sense - roads to connect the houses, enable wagons of goods, improve commerce, etc..

If K^A were to get any guild add-on, I'd suggest it be slumlord tenements, since the thematic purpose for this guild is just packing as many people in one place as possible.

TwoTon, your reply to Downs also makes me inclined to vote No. Rather than back up your opinion with facts, you chose to be a disrespectful child (which, frankly, is the K^A way). Of extra delicious irony is the fact that I have seen more screenshots and stories on these boards from him than your entire guild combined.
you really want me to load up screen shots lol that would take days , yes it was a hastey reply which i changed once i reread so there you have it i am only human ;)

Fuego

Post by Fuego »

I vote Yes

After long absence from UO, I chanced upon an article on UOSA.

Created a character in Britain and immediately got Pked by someone in the Cemetery just out of Britain.
Oh yeah, brings back old memories.

Since I joined, came across few of them, pretty friendly folks and one of them even guided me on the game and how to advance.
They might not be perfect but, hey, this is what makes the game more interesting. Come on let them finish what they
started.

Cheers!

Mentalist from Asia :)

Landcaster
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Landcaster »

I just thought I would like to add to the discussion. I realize that as I am a member of K^A I have a vested interest in seeing the roads done. I took a look at this though and thought if I was to leave KA would I vote yes to them getting roads and I would.

1) Does KA run the most events on the shard? No but they do run events to try and improve the enjoyment of this shard.

2) Do we have a set goal as a guild? We like most guilds are there to better enjoy the game and help other members enjoy it. We have other events set up for the near future to help newer players on the shard, such as a crafting fare where newer players can bring goods and get gm services for free. Some guilds can say they have a common goal, but when it comes down to it they are out for the same thing, to hep eachother better enjoy the game.

3) Are they asking for something that will effect game play for others? No this is a poll to finish roads in KA. These roads were started before I came to the guild and most of the finishing means putting stones over dirt roads that are currently there. These roads run through housess that were in game before I began playing and I would guess there from near the beginning.

I know there are KA haters out there and I feel that should not warrant a no vote just because of that. I think when Twoton asked for an explination he was hoping to avoid a no vote for this reason. Also remember you are not voting for one person in the guild, these roads are for a group of people, a guild. I thank you for everyones opinions and respect your decisions either way.

jimmorrison

Post by jimmorrison »

I VOTE NO KA is just a on and off inconsistant band of nimrods there fearless leader Map-o-Matic took more then a year off and left the guild in shambles and if KA's point is to raise noobs up why is all of KA land filled with tower's and castle's where is the noob housing they have more addons then anybody else i was there 2 days in a row didnt see a soul

noxmonk
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by noxmonk »

Landcaster wrote:I just thought I would like to add to the discussion. I realize that as I am a member of K^A I have a vested interest in seeing the roads done. I took a look at this though and thought if I was to leave KA would I vote yes to them getting roads and I would.

1) Does KA run the most events on the shard? No but they do run events to try and improve the enjoyment of this shard.
For the largest guild, do they run second most? third most? Do they even rank in the top 10? So you have the biggest guild and proportionately do less than some of the singular people here. In terms of overall potential to contribute, and actual contribution, your guild falls massively lower than even singular individuals. How will roads help you achieve your potential contribution?
Landcaster wrote: 2) Do we have a set goal as a guild? We like most guilds are there to better enjoy the game and help other members enjoy it. We have other events set up for the near future to help newer players on the shard, such as a crafting fare where newer players can bring goods and get gm services for free. Some guilds can say they have a common goal, but when it comes down to it they are out for the same thing, to hep eachother better enjoy the game.
Great, in the future when you contribute towards your overall base potential apply for the addons. This should not be done as credit towards actually doing something. Which you haven't.
Landcaster wrote: 3) Are they asking for something that will effect game play for others? No this is a poll to finish roads in KA. These roads were started before I came to the guild and most of the finishing means putting stones over dirt roads that are currently there. These roads run through housess that were in game before I began playing and I would guess there from near the beginning.
I want lamp posts, roads, a garden, and a giant statue of me standing infront of my house with my hand on my package. Does this effect game play for others? No, this is a request for a giant statue of me holding my package at the front of my house. So I should get this yes?
Landcaster wrote: I know there are KA haters out there and I feel that should not warrant a no vote just because of that. I think when Twoton asked for an explination he was hoping to avoid a no vote for this reason. Also remember you are not voting for one person in the guild, these roads are for a group of people, a guild. I thank you for everyones opinions and respect your decisions either way.
No one is hating. This is not an "Us vs. Them" situation as you wish it were so that you could claim that nays were merely from "haters". Facts have an objective perspective, as do some of the people posting here. You're only inferring hate to further your purpose and not actually address the issue of what has K^A done to deserve more addons? How will it help the UOSA community?

In the end K^A will vote yes because they have a vested interest in more addons to make their e-peens engorge and swell. While those capable of viewing the issue from an objective perspective will review the facts and assess an opinion for themselves.

TwoTon

Post by TwoTon »

-Yes the thing people dont see is KA helps Real newbies on a constant basis. either with full spell books, gold, UO knowledge. what KA does is unseen because instead of throwing events for the veteran players to have fun we are busy training newbies so they can have a foundation on the server

- we do not grief and we frown upon it , not to say there hasnt been griefers in KA but how can we know someone will be that way before they join a guild.
having a large guild like this we recruit people and they go through a probation phase you cannot expect us to be perfect there are griefers all over UOSA.

- most of the nay sayers i assume are orange to our order guild and just have sour taste towards us for some reason or another.

- We offer Homes in KA to new players so they may store their belongings and live free of charge. and we help them get settled here on UOSA

- KAs main purpose was to always keep people on the server, we are still the oldest running guild that recruits random newbies to help train etc. which in my personal opinion is much more helpful then throwing player run events that tons of veterans can have fun at.

Landcaster
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Landcaster »

noxmonk wrote:
Landcaster wrote:I just thought I would like to add to the discussion. I realize that as I am a member of K^A I have a vested interest in seeing the roads done. I took a look at this though and thought if I was to leave KA would I vote yes to them getting roads and I would.

For the largest guild, do they run second most? third most? Do they even rank in the top 10? So you have the biggest guild and proportionately do less than some of the singular people here. In terms of overall potential to contribute, and actual contribution, your guild falls massively lower than even singular individuals. How will roads help you achieve your potential contribution?

I think you are looking at the guild page on myuo page, but got to look at actives.
Landcaster wrote:
2) Do we have a set goal as a guild? We like most guilds are there to better enjoy the game and help other members enjoy it. We have other events set up for the near future to help newer players on the shard, such as a crafting fare where newer players can bring goods and get gm services for free. Some guilds can say they have a common goal, but when it comes down to it they are out for the same thing, to hep eachother better enjoy the game.
Great, in the future when you contribute towards your overall base potential apply for the addons. This should not be done as credit towards actually doing something. Which you haven't.
Landcaster wrote: 3) Are they asking for something that will effect game play for others? No this is a poll to finish roads in KA. These roads were started before I came to the guild and most of the finishing means putting stones over dirt roads that are currently there. These roads run through housess that were in game before I began playing and I would guess there from near the beginning.
I want lamp posts, roads, a garden, and a giant statue of me standing infront of my house with my hand on my package. Does this effect game play for others? No, this is a request for a giant statue of me holding my package at the front of my house. So I should get this yes?

Your argument does not relaate as you make a point in the form of someone wanting add ons to bolster their own ego and serve a singular purpose. The add ons of the roads are for the guild and for others in future events. There have been two recent events that happened in KA area, the bar crawl and UO jeopordy
Landcaster wrote: I know there are KA haters out there and I feel that should not warrant a no vote just because of that. I think when Twoton asked for an explination he was hoping to avoid a no vote for this reason. Also remember you are not voting for one person in the guild, these roads are for a group of people, a guild. I thank you for everyones opinions and respect your decisions either way.
No one is hating. This is not an "Us vs. Them" situation as you wish it were so that you could claim that nays were merely from "haters". Facts have an objective perspective, as do some of the people posting here. You're only inferring hate to further your purpose and not actually address the issue of what has K^A done to deserve more addons? How will it help the UOSA community?

In the end K^A will vote yes because they have a vested interest in more addons to make their e-peens engorge and swell. While those capable of viewing the issue from an objective perspective will review the facts and assess an opinion for themselves.
Never said everyone was a hater, but in the time in I have noticed a few and seen attitudes thaat would give the no vote just for that reason. For you teelling me to not make assumptions you are quick to make an assumption to my overall belief in a no vote. I also said a fair amount, which means most people can be objective in voting. I did not post this thread to create aan argument. As I said I posted it from the view if I was not in the guild. When you ask, "How will it help the community," does any add on really help the community and if so in what way? The way I see add ons helping the community is it makes the area more visual appealing for others to view, ahh pixel love :). It is everyones call, vote yes or no. The roads will not change my game either way, which is basically to go have fun and play a game. My, "e-peens" does not need a pixel to be able to "engorge and swell," lol.

Landcaster
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Landcaster »

jimmorrison wrote:I VOTE NO KA is just a on and off inconsistant band of nimrods there fearless leader Map-o-Matic took more then a year off and left the guild in shambles and if KA's point is to raise noobs up why is all of KA land filled with tower's and castle's where is the noob housing they have more addons then anybody else i was there 2 days in a row didnt see a soul

Hey Jim :),

I really enjoyed our chat the other day and respecct your opinions big time. I would just like to point out one thing. The only castle owned by KA in the KA area is the main KA castle. There are 4 other castles. one owned by Damascus, one by SBS, one by a guild I forget the name of, and one by a person whose name I feel is innapropriate to repeat, prolly the father in me there. As faar aas towers yes we have a few towers there, but they are owned by a few of our members thaat have played longer. There are four members owning towerss in KA area atm. We also have newer members living in the area thaat taake up smaaller then tower housing, four that I know of off hand.

dren
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by dren »

I see most of the "No" comments as completely, and utterly ridiculous comments with no basis in reality. It's amazing some of the completely false ideas people have about K^A. If anyone actually played with us they might find out that we actually RP, and that we do in guild quests, we run player events, and attend player events, and we do quite a bit to contribute to the server. The short comings of K^A are the existing shadow of WL (2nd gen K^A when the king was gone they pkd tons of noobs) who gave the current K^A a bad reputation to begin with. If anyone shouldn't get add ons it's WL, especially since they didn't even put up a vote on forums for their add on - and were given their add on anyways. This completely bypasses the rules, and no one cares. The moment K^A wants their add on finished from 3 YEARS ago when tons of other people have gotten add ons since through a vote/ and without a vote every one has got something to say about it.

It's funny how this server has double standards for guilds, some guilds get favoritism even when they negatively impact the server as a whole. Every guild has short comings, and nearly EVERY guild on this server has gone through similar periods of inactivity and change like K^A has gone through. You know who you are, and so does the rest of the server.

K^A is not asking for a pre-t2a tent, and GM made docks, and merchant ships bringing goods in from the High Seas. We just want our roads finished from 3 YEARS ago. I'd also like to add that there are still a handful of members left who ALREADY contributed 3 years ago, a lot of resources to build the add ons we have now. There's no logical reason for K^A to pay for roads again, when it's existing members have already paid for them once, that's not fair at all. I vote "Yes", to finishing what was started originally. I also ask you to vote "Yes" to putting some stones on an already existing dirt road, I see you all using our Rune Library, wouldn't you like the roads paved there? If we pay an inordinate sum of ore to have the remaining the stones put down, how is that going to affect your game play negatively? What's the big deal? Help K^A finish it vision from 3 years ago.
Last edited by dren on Mon Jan 10, 2011 9:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Fit: Alderman, Merchants of Britannia: Proudly serving UOSA for more than 160 Sosarian years.

Mikel123
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Mikel123 »

TwoTon wrote:we have our own Guild Forums that is used daily.
This is the point.

I just don't feel like this guild does anything for the shard as a whole. You're welcome of course to just keep your guild events, stories, interaction, etc., within just your guild. But it provides nothing for the shard as a whole.

And, speaking of your own forum that is used daily... here is a timeline of the last two months of daily activity on your forum:

Nov 17th: Rose posts to invite your active community to an event he is hosting
Dec 26th: a person in your guild says "thanks for the invite"

This whole thread is a joke, right?

BenBrawl
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by BenBrawl »

^^^ Thats exactly what i mean!

I havnt seen anything new posted in there in months! Only time ive seen the K^A tag is either people macroing, or ganking.

Landcaster
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Landcaster »

Mikel123 wrote:
TwoTon wrote:we have our own Guild Forums that is used daily.
This is the point.

I just don't feel like this guild does anything for the shard as a whole. You're welcome of course to just keep your guild events, stories, interaction, etc., within just your guild. But it provides nothing for the shard as a whole.

And, speaking of your own forum that is used daily... here is a timeline of the last two months of daily activity on your forum:

Nov 17th: Rose posts to invite your active community to an event he is hosting
Dec 26th: a person in your guild says "thanks for the invite"

This whole thread is a joke, right?

Hi Mike,

What Twoton meant by our own forums is that we have a guild website on guildportal with a firums we use daily. It is actually really active. As far as the guild forum pages on uo secondage I really do not see them used often myself. In facct a Dec 26th post seems like one of the more recent ones lol. I remember looking at the guild forums page when I was looking for a guild initially and most of the pages seemed really active. They are a good idea for guilds to communicate, however not very private if you need to talk about guild matters amongst guildies. Hence, this is the reason we have a guild website outside of uosecondage's forums.

BenBrawl
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by BenBrawl »

to me, K^A seems more as a forum guild, not a real uosa guild

Im my 2+ yrs on uosa, ive been in K^A the longest of any guild here, even when i left ive ment a handful of decent people in K^A. but the overall of the guild i dont find as i remember, and not up to par. Its ran by a shamble GM who is only out to make himself look better, not the guild.

Dont beleive me, talk to twoton once, VERY egotistic