A call to arms! **1/10/11 to 2/27/11**

Post your player run event here.
Forum rules
Please make the topic as descriptive and concise as possible. If your event has not been changed to sticky or announce and you would like it to be, please contact a staff member. Announced events, which show up on our main website Must include the event date in the topic title.
Atraxi

Re: A call to arms!!

Post by Atraxi »

I look for something to say, but the blood on the Scholar's journal speaks loudly enough. Those poor scholars posed no threat to the brigands. They were men called to a pursuit of higher learning. They were men of peace, not of war.

Their deaths show that these criminals are here for only one thing: Destruction. There will be no reasoning with these visitors. We must finish this once and for all, or else these crimes will never cease.

The C^V Counsel has attempted to meet to discuss this matter, however our meeting was cut short due to an attack by vandals. No doubt they were more garbage from the Abyss. We will be meeting again in an undisclosed location to determine the best course of action. We will keep the citizens of Britannia informed of our plans.

However we decide to go about this, we ask for the help of every able-bodied Britannian.

Please stay tuned for updates.
|| Atx Mini Mall | Atraxi's Great Real Estate ||

IRC: Atraxi on @#bpd +#NEW #SecondAge #C^V

<GreenPlastic> I want Five Guys inside me right now
Millerisfuntoplay wrote:Atraxi pwned me =(

Pirul

Re: A call to arms!! Tongiht Sun 27th 1130 EST

Post by Pirul »

We are organizing an expedition into the abyss to retrieve the Eye of the Seer. We ask all able bodied Brittanians, of all skill levels to meet tonight at Vesper's Bank at 11:30pm EST.

This is a player organized event, and as such, you should not bring anything you are not prepared to loose.
<ian> 2 chicks making out are not gay

Atraxi

Post by Atraxi »

Alert, fellow Britannians.

The C^V Counsel has met with Lord British about the threat from the Abyss. He is outraged at the loss of his scholars. He has called for action to be taken.

We have determined that the best course of action is to travel into the Abyss to retrieve the Eye of the Seer and use it to close the portal between our worlds. Please do not take this lightly. This will be a long, vicious battle. It is necessary to ensure the future of our world.

As the town cryers are calling out, we will gather our troops in Lord British's throne room at 11:30pm EST. We ask that all brave, able-bodied soldiers please join us in the battle that is to come!

xevec
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by xevec »

At Lord British's.
This is where they suspects appear to have come from.
Lotsa Pirates Here.
More Carnage.
Eye of the Seer.
Back at the Tavern.

Zelek Uther
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Zelek Uther »

Fantastic event guys!

I was able to join at the start, and stayed for 30 mins, dispatching my fair share of unruly brigands. Unfortunately, I had to go, and thus missed the end! Thanks for the pics xevec! Can someone please post some more pics so I know how the storyline ends? Did we recover the Eye of the Seer?
Zadok Uther - Co-founder of Society of Traders [S^T]

Zelek Uther - Guild Master of Terra Nova [TN]

Atraxi

Post by Atraxi »

Aye. We recovered the Eye of the Seer, and used it to close the hole in the abandoned building in New Windmere. Afterwards, Lord British took the Eye back to his castle for safe keeping and C^V hosted a victory party at the Blue Oyster Tavern.

Thank you to all who participated. It's been a long event, but it's over now.

Please feel free to come by and check out New Windmere, as it is now officially open to the public.

I will be posting a full recap of the event soon.

Pirul

Post by Pirul »

First of all, I'd like to thank everybody who has made this event possible. The list is long, but you know who you are.

I hope new players (and old) enjoyed killing brigands in New Windmere, fighting pirates out at sea, defending Vesper from an invasion, and finally retrieving the Eye of the Seer to close the hole in the abandoned building.

The event finalle was a sight to see, so without further ado, here is a brief recap of the night:

Valiant fighters gathering in Lord British's throne room, ready to depart.
Getting ready to depart.jpg
Getting ready to depart.jpg (218.04 KiB) Viewed 3466 times
The gathering before going into the Abyss.
Gathering in New Windmere.jpg
Gathering in New Windmere.jpg (235.92 KiB) Viewed 3466 times
The gate is up.
The gate is up.jpg
The gate is up.jpg (233.19 KiB) Viewed 3466 times
The fight begins.
The fight starts.jpg
The fight starts.jpg (184.91 KiB) Viewed 3466 times
Fighting gets intense.jpg
Fighting 2.jpg
Fighting 2.jpg (238.16 KiB) Viewed 3466 times
We reach the Eye of the Seer, and Lord British secures it.
We reach the Eye.jpg
We reach the Eye.jpg (162.07 KiB) Viewed 3466 times
LB has the Eye.jpg

Pirul

Post by Pirul »

We manage to get out safely, and close the hole in the abandoned building.
We make it back with the Eye.jpg
We make it back with the Eye.jpg (209.63 KiB) Viewed 3462 times
Getting ready to close the hole.jpg
Getting ready to close the hole.jpg (208.42 KiB) Viewed 3462 times
The hole is closed.jpg
The hole is closed.jpg (223.91 KiB) Viewed 3462 times
We are very grateful to our admins who made it possible, and all participants who made this fun!!
Grateful.jpg
Grateful.jpg (37.18 KiB) Viewed 3462 times

Mayathebee

Post by Mayathebee »

I stayed up late for this event and am not regreting it one bit. I had a lot of fun killing a lot of brigands and mages. Hope things like this one happens more often.

Atraxi

A call to arms!! **Event Over. Thanks for coming!**

Post by Atraxi »

Thank you, Maya. I'm happy you enjoyed it. I am actually in the process of writing another story.

Here's my account of last night.

After we rallied the troops in Lord British's throne room, everyone went to Vesper to the abandoned building in New Windmere, where the hole was located. There, we entered the Abyss to begin our assault.

Once inside, we immediately encountered our enemy. Considering how close they were to the entrance, they were no doubt planning for another assault. Good thing we got there in time.

After fighting for a while, I found myself outnumbered. I fought to the death.

For a while there, it looked like we might be on the losing side of the battle!

Luckily, Pirul noticed that I was mortally wounded and nursed me back to health. Then one of our mages summoned a Daemon to assist us, and we began to gain the upper hand. We pushed onward.

Then a bright ray of hope! We located the Eye of the Seer!

We had what we needed to make our lands safe again. Now, we just had to get out alive. We were deep in the Abyss, and our Daemon helper had left us. It was time to push hard and end this!

But, in the end, we prevailed. We retrieved the Eye, and evacuated the Abyss. Once back in Britannia, we used the Eye to seal off the hole forever.

Afterwards, we invited everyone back to the Blue Oyster Tavern for a victory celebration. A good time was had by all.

I want to thank the brave souls who made this dangerous trek with us. Without your help, we might not have prevailed. It's nice to know that, if needed, we have many who we can call on for help defending our lands.

Berock Shagando

Re: A call to arms!! **Event Over. Thanks for coming!**

Post by Berock Shagando »

HA! My first UOSA event. Pissed off the wife for staying on so late when I had promised not to. That was before I found out about the event tho. Had fun