Guardwhacked Tamer

Report any bugs you discover on the server here
Roser
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Guardwhacked Tamer

Post by Roser »

Hard to say what exactly happened but this is what I saw happen behind Minoc Stables.

Cyro (Red Tamer) standing outside of guard zone.
Me (Blue Tamer) standing inside of guard zone.

I claim my dragons (about 30), then Cyro does the same. So we both have our dragons out of the stable. Cyro has his dragons on all guard.

My Dragon's then auto attack Cyro, because he is red. His Dragons then defend him by attacking my dragons.
About 1/4 second later we both get Guard whacked.

I pressed 2 buttons the entire time, my claim button, and my stable button. Nothing more Nothing less.

What a mess that was.... Apparently his dragons did not flag gray upon All Guarding.

I will attempt to recreate this with a video once I am able.

GleepGlop

Re: Guardwhacked Tamer

Post by GleepGlop »

Sounds like you went grey because of your dragons attacking his, him getting guard whacked is how it's supposed to work when people are attacking in the guard zone by someone standing outside and in LOS

Roser
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Roser »

GleepGlop wrote:Sounds like you went grey because of your dragons attacking his

Exactly. The problem here is (and I just tested this a moment ago) Pets are not turning Gray upon the guard command as they are supposed to, and have done in the past. "All Guard Me" should turn your pets Gray.

This seems to be broken.

Loathed

Post by Loathed »

Rose wrote:
GleepGlop wrote:Sounds like you went grey because of your dragons attacking his

Exactly. The problem here is (and I just tested this a moment ago) Pets are not turning Gray upon the guard command as they are supposed to, and have done in the past. "All Guard Me" should turn your pets Gray.

This seems to be broken.

actually- pets do turn grey to the owner only, this is because when u say all guard me or whatever- the pets and u are put into what's called a "temp guild" where they're not really grey at all, they appear grey to u and u appear grey to them, this is so you can perform actions like stealing, attacking, or what-have-you on them w/out the fear of becoming a criminal etc..

I do not exactly know what caused either of us to get guard whacked, if ur dragons attacked me and my dragons attacked ur dragons- niether of us should of gotten guard whacked since my dragons retaliated to ur dragon aggroing me. so ya i'm stumped on it as well.

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by MatronDeWinter »

All guard would make a packhorse turn green if you were guilded. If you were not guilded it would guard you, but remain blue (even to you). You could however steal from it during this time. I remember that I always would perform the command a few times before stealing in town to make sure it took. No command ever made a pet/hireling turn grey, unless they performed a criminal action or became (attackable, not grey) to another player.

On a side note, I believe that guard/taming is completely messed up on uosa in that, a blue tamer can use pets to kill a player who is attackable to them but not criminal in the guardzone. In t2a, if the pet was not flagged to the attackable person (to the tamer), the tamer and pet would be whacked if the pet was commanded to attack, or attacked due to guarding.

I wouldn't be surprised if it still worked this way on OSI now.

Atraxi

Post by Atraxi »

Is this similar to what happened at xmas where someone brought a dragon to Santa and somehow got it to attack Santa without getting GW. Every elf that spawned immediately went to Santa's defense, attacking the dragons (which were still blue) which got THEM guardwhacked!

?????
|| Atx Mini Mall | Atraxi's Great Real Estate ||

IRC: Atraxi on @#bpd +#NEW #SecondAge #C^V

<GreenPlastic> I want Five Guys inside me right now
Millerisfuntoplay wrote:Atraxi pwned me =(

Sandro

Post by Sandro »

I was under the impression that during T2A, any pets owned by a red tamer were always flagged gray, or "attackable" at all times, not only when they were guarding.
[14:17] <UOSAPlayer4056> cr3w guild is a joke. Ran by staff members, multi client pking, this shards a joke and a half.
Blaise wrote:Man, you guys are really stepping up your game now that you're not living in the shadow of cr3w

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

I think the bug that caused this has been found, and will be in next patch.

Thanks again for this report.

And thanks also to Poppy Thornapple for providing some critical insight into this.
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."

Dead Rabbit

Post by Dead Rabbit »

Derrick wrote:I think the bug that caused this has been found, and will be in next patch.

Thanks again for this report.

And thanks also to Poppy Thornapple for providing some critical insight into this.

Yeah! That's me! Immortalized!! :P

Ironic too that I was there when Rose popped in with all those dragons and they both got Whacked and I may have found the bug that caused it! :P

I can't even find my car keys 1/2 the time! LOL
Derrick wrote:
Celebrate Rabbits!! http://www.ferryhalim.com/orisinal/g3/carrot.htm
[00:55:46] <MrLotto> I love dolls