DG Town - Requesting the Shard's approval for some add-ons

A place to pull up a stool, drink an ale, and share your sagas with fellow patrons. (Roleplay Forum - In Character Only)
Forum rules
This forum is strictly for in-game RP and storyline related info. For more general discussion, please post in General Discussion or Other, as appropriate.

Should DG Town be allowed some add-ons?

Yes
78%
No
22%

Total votes: 125

Ardos
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: DG Town - Requesting the Shard's approval for some add-o

Post by Ardos »

I'm going to vote yes for this for many reasons and make some valid suggestions.
1.) The guild is very active and contributes to both PVP and helping new players
2.) They remind me a lot of guilds that actually existed in t2a era on OSI
3.) The guild is very large and has several different playstyles
4.) It appears they have a large area of common homes for the guild.
5.) A statue, fountain, and lamps are not major add ons but simply let other players wondering the world know this area is of significance.
6.) The only times I have been to DG there were more than 5 players around

Suggestions
Both TB and Ace still have add ons in their towns, but do not run events or have any active players in their town. I suggest maybe some of the lamps and fountains be moved from those towns to more active towns instead of creating more. This is just a suggestion and a reason to hopefully bring some of these guilds out of hiding more than anything.
aka WoozyRargar, Kinarah

Drunk Monk

Post by Drunk Monk »

Ee sai YUB, su gib shinnies jat! Bludchok-Hai liek fytun Dunjun Gawrds. Dey gib ee hertburn whru'um eet em tho, hohoho! *farts*
“What we have done for ourselves alone dies with us; what we have done for others and the world remains and is immortal.” -Albert Pike

Downs

Post by Downs »

Ardos wrote: Suggestions
Both TB and Ace still have add ons in their towns, but do not run events or have any active players in their town. I suggest maybe some of the lamps and fountains be moved from those towns to more active towns instead of creating more. This is just a suggestion and a reason to hopefully bring some of these guilds out of hiding more than anything.

+1

you dont even see ace fighting against this nowadays when it comes up
RoadKill wrote: "cA" is a guild of trickery, thieves and explosives so be wary around them.
The New Yew Bank Mall! Don't bother shopping anwhere else!
cA's Database of Adventures!!!

Panthor the Hated
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Panthor the Hated »

cuz ace is entirely inactive but this isnt really the place for that debate

Sandro

Post by Sandro »

Ardos wrote:I'm going to vote yes for this for many reasons and make some valid suggestions.
1.) The guild is very active and contributes to both PVP and helping new players
5.) A statue, fountain, and lamps are not major add ons but simply let other players wondering the world know this area is of significance.

Suggestions
What about your town and the add-ons you guys "acquired" and don't pay up-keep for? Can we move those too?
[14:17] <UOSAPlayer4056> cr3w guild is a joke. Ran by staff members, multi client pking, this shards a joke and a half.
Blaise wrote:Man, you guys are really stepping up your game now that you're not living in the shadow of cr3w

BlackFoot
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by BlackFoot »

mym vs ace arent really comparable in terms of activity as Ace doesn't even exist anymore (or do they?) i duno

ace and TB would be more comparable as they both have town add ons and both are completely inactive or disbanded
The TB dueling dock thing could slide over to DG
<IronfistMax> tell me where you are in game, and ill come thank you personally
Mad_Max: blackfoot you sent everyone to a slaughter
<Derrick> We will not negotiate with terrorists.
UOSA Society of Adventure and History [UoH]

Panthor the Hated
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Panthor the Hated »

I'd hate to see that dock go away

BlackFoot
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by BlackFoot »

it woudlnt go away, it woudl jsut move, like charlie sheen
<IronfistMax> tell me where you are in game, and ill come thank you personally
Mad_Max: blackfoot you sent everyone to a slaughter
<Derrick> We will not negotiate with terrorists.
UOSA Society of Adventure and History [UoH]

Ardos
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Ardos »

Sandro wrote:
Ardos wrote:I'm going to vote yes for this for many reasons and make some valid suggestions.

Suggestions
What about your town and the add-ons you guys "acquired" and don't pay up-keep for? Can we move those too?
Our town is not only one of the most active towns, but we still host events and do other things to benefit the shard. Our arena is in use several times a day and you are also there almost everytime I am on. Furthermore on that note our arena alone cost around 300,000 boards and around 60,000 ore and some ingots for. We have run and still attempt to run several different kinds of events in our town. If you didn't simply play in Shard ran events that are completely safe, or for duel league, you may realize this. Thanks to /M\ for hours of good group fights around mYm town last week, wish cr3w would brave up and field fight as well.
aka WoozyRargar, Kinarah

sakura

Post by sakura »

Hail to all!!

My name is Akari Moongate, an adventure seeking to become a great warrior.

I used to walk this lands alone seeking for a purpose, learning as I went... Until one day I meet by chance a Dungeon Guard and everything changed from there, I found a new goal by teaming up with this group of incredible fighters who fight for what is right and punish the wrong.

I feel very lucky to be a Dungeon Guard, always watching each others backs, when in trouble just one call will bring up the pack. When hunting or just sitting around at Guild House it’s always fun.

Thank you master Melryn, you are a great lider. And to all my fellow Dungeon Guards it is my greatest pride to be able to fight beside you all.

Now to the great GMs, I can’t see any other town like DG Town fit to be granted the privileges to be made formally a known town, just take a stroll and see it for yourselves.

And to all who walk this lands, please vote YES!

Yours,

Akari Moongate ^_^

Pro

Post by Pro »

/signed Joshua lee

violator
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by violator »

I voted yes because I have seen DG to be very active.

I also agree with what some others have said about the add-ons going away if/when guilds become inactive. This makes a lot of sense.
Death smiles at us all, but all a man can do is smile back.

Psilo

Post by Psilo »

Voted yes as well.

Just saw the town changes, looks great!

SecondAgeRares

Post by SecondAgeRares »

Panthor the Hated wrote:cuz ace is entirely inactive but this isnt really the place for that debate

Actually, after a long hiatus, ACE is back in force even stronger than before.

We are already the most active PK guild on the server, and in the following weeks we will rival the numbers of any guild period.

For a PK guild, and I must emphasize PK, to field more active members than almost any other guild, it is quite an accomplishment.

With that having been said, I do vote YES for DG addons. They are an active guild and deserve it. However, my guild, ACE, paid millions in gold/resources for our town. Addons should NOT be free. I would hope that the staff would continue this time honored tradition.

+1

Brules

Post by Brules »

+1 if ACE really is back.....new DG add ons look good.