DG Town - Requesting the Shard's approval for some add-ons

A place to pull up a stool, drink an ale, and share your sagas with fellow patrons. (Roleplay Forum - In Character Only)
Forum rules
This forum is strictly for in-game RP and storyline related info. For more general discussion, please post in General Discussion or Other, as appropriate.

Should DG Town be allowed some add-ons?

Yes
78%
No
22%

Total votes: 125

Pirul

Re: DG Town - Requesting the Shard's approval for some add-o

Post by Pirul »

Voted yes.

C^V and DG have helped each other out and traded in different instances, always with very positive results for both guilds. All the interaction I've had with them has been positive, and they ARE very active.

Two thumbs up.
<ian> 2 chicks making out are not gay

Mikel123
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Mikel123 »

Very active guild, but they are lacking on the events front. Would like to see more interaction with non-guild-members.

I abstain.

poogoblin

Post by poogoblin »

This shard needs new volunteer/counselors not out for their own well being. Would help eliminate the guilds that barely exist (mym/ka) anymore and advocate for DG. I once used a "counselor's help;" and I can almost bet it was Derrik.

Whacko

Post by Whacko »

I Vote YES!

Grimm Blackdyrge

Post by Grimm Blackdyrge »

I'm going to vote no, not to be a killjoy but I believe add-ons should be given to guilds who have actually made a difference to the shard. I know that's not how it usually works but it should be.

Not to take anything away from DG but what have they really offered the shard? Have they run any events of significant note? Have they proven beneficial to the shard as a whole or only to their members and possibly another guild or two? I will give them credit for helping new players and building their numbers, but I don't believe this in and of itself warrants the "gimme stuff" approval that they are asking for.

Maybe if they start running some shard events or provide a legitimate service to the shard then it might be appropriate. I don't feel that just because a large guild asks for stuff that they should be given what they want.

No offense to anyone in DG, it's merely my opinion.

lettuce

Post by lettuce »

do our opinions even matter ?

nightshark
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by nightshark »

Grimm Blackdyrge wrote:I'm going to vote no, not to be a killjoy but I believe add-ons should be given to guilds who have actually made a difference to the shard. I know that's not how it usually works but it should be.

Not to take anything away from DG but what have they really offered the shard? Have they run any events of significant note? Have they proven beneficial to the shard as a whole or only to their members and possibly another guild or two? I will give them credit for helping new players and building their numbers, but I don't believe this in and of itself warrants the "gimme stuff" approval that they are asking for.

Maybe if they start running some shard events or provide a legitimate service to the shard then it might be appropriate. I don't feel that just because a large guild asks for stuff that they should be given what they want.

No offense to anyone in DG, it's merely my opinion.
They help the shard by being very active. I prefer the open field interaction and the RP interaction they have offered to other guilds, any day.
<green> grats pink and co. .... the 3 of you f---ing scrubs together can blow up a bard. IMPRESSIVE

Panthor the Hated
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Panthor the Hated »

lettuce wrote:do our opinions even matter ?
yes add ons have to be approved by the players

Eastwood

Post by Eastwood »

DG does make a difference to the shard.

A few more guilds like them and this would be a more live like shard with better rivalries and more field PVP.
Catskills 97-99

Panthor the Hated
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Panthor the Hated »

DG is a good example of a guild that doesn't need to do big events to add to the shard, they are always around and always helpful. Everyday is an event!

archaicsubrosa77
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by archaicsubrosa77 »

Mikel123 wrote:Very active guild, but they are lacking on the events front. Would like to see more interaction with non-guild-members.

I abstain.
^ Same here.
I seen other guilds gruel over their add ons.
I won't vote no, but I can't vote yes.
*especially since DG is located exactly where my old tower and other properties fell :lol:

No seriously, recruiting alot of people can be done by anyone. We need a feel for DG in either events or in stories posted on forums at the very least.

"Other people posting on interactions with DG do not count"
Derrick wrote:I wish it were possible that a mount could be whacked while you are riding it, but to the best of my knowedge it is not.

dren
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by dren »

I vote yes. DG contributes a lot to the server which is badly needed, and I feel they are deserving of add ons.

However:

1) I think DG should come up with a name for their town.

2) I think DG should first meet all the requirements for town add ons; mainly by running shard-wide events.
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=6439
Fit: Alderman, Merchants of Britannia: Proudly serving UOSA for more than 160 Sosarian years.

Pirul

Post by Pirul »

Panthor the Hated wrote:DG is a good example of a guild that doesn't need to do big events to add to the shard, they are always around and always helpful. Everyday is an event!
+1
<ian> 2 chicks making out are not gay

Texas_toker
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Texas_toker »

dren wrote:I vote yes. DG contributes a lot to the server which is badly needed, and I feel they are deserving of add ons.

However:

1) I think DG should come up with a name for their town.

2) I think DG should first meet all the requirements for town add ons; mainly by running shard-wide events.
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=6439
Its looking to be very likely that we will dub our town "Moonstone Bay"

SirEricKain
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by SirEricKain »

DG has always had IL's support amongst many other guilds, there isn't a more deserving guild around.

Good luck DG,
Sir Eric Kain,
King of Shadowmire