Fatal Error?

Locke Kreisel

Fatal Error?

Post by Locke Kreisel »

All right. I installed this game during the summer, played it a little, went inactive. I played again yesterday or the day before, just fine, with no complaints. Now, however, when I attempt to log in, I type my password, hit enter, and it displays a Windows message box titled "fatal:" with no actual text in the box, other than the OK button. I've searched the rest of the 13 pages of this forum for a similar problem but to no avail. I have also tried restarting my computer, reinstalling the UO, Razor, and UOAM clients. I have tried running it with and without Razor, and I have even gone so far as to make a new account. None of this works, though. Any suggestions? Also, I'm able to provide a screenshot if necessary.

Locke Kreisel

Re: Fatal Error?

Post by Locke Kreisel »

Upon further searching, it is identical to what a few people report when using Alt + O and they crash, but those solutions don't really apply to me.

Derrick

Re: Fatal Error?

Post by Derrick »

This can be caused by a corrupted chardata.mul file. Try renaming or delting this file.
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."