Being targetted and killed while hidden.

Report any bugs you discover on the server here
Pirul

Re: Being targetted and killed while hidden.

Post by Pirul »

Whoa, whoa, whoa, wait a second.

1.- When did provoking 2 creatures and one of them dying start giving fame/karma? I must've missed those patch notes, and why does it not apply to me since I was on my bard at titans last night and didn't gain fame or karma if I didn't get the kill shot in!!! On that same token, you did not get fame/karma when the wyvern died, why? I do get karma when my summons kill the monsters, tho.
2.- Since you were "kiting" Titans towards the boat, and Titans WILL NOT start casting until aggroed (by you or someone else), is it possible you autodefended against a Titan that might have wandered close to you?
3.- If it was not a Titan, then test this: provo a cyclops and a wyvern (or 2 mongbats for that matter) and stand right next to them, you will start swinging, maybe THAT is what did the trick.

Purple pot is possible, however very unlikely he would hold it until less than 1 sec was left. Too risky, specially knowing that even if you throw it right away, the hider is going to be revealed one way or another (either he runs to avoid the explosion, or he will wait out the 3 secs and be revealed by the explision itself).

Good luck finding which it was.
<ian> 2 chicks making out are not gay

Sir Lagsalittle

Post by Sir Lagsalittle »

Pirul wrote:Whoa, whoa, whoa, wait a second.

1.- When did provoking 2 creatures and one of them dying start giving fame/karma? I must've missed those patch notes, and why does it not apply to me since I was on my bard at titans last night and didn't gain fame or karma if I didn't get the kill shot in!!! On that same token, you did not get fame/karma when the wyvern died, why? I do get karma when my summons kill the monsters, tho.
2.- Since you were "kiting" Titans towards the boat, and Titans WILL NOT start casting until aggroed (by you or someone else), is it possible you autodefended against a Titan that might have wandered close to you?
3.- If it was not a Titan, then test this: provo a cyclops and a wyvern (or 2 mongbats for that matter) and stand right next to them, you will start swinging, maybe THAT is what did the trick.

Purple pot is possible, however very unlikely he would hold it until less than 1 sec was left. Too risky, specially knowing that even if you throw it right away, the hider is going to be revealed one way or another (either he runs to avoid the explosion, or he will wait out the 3 secs and be revealed by the explision itself).

Good luck finding which it was.
You do gain fame/karma when you provo, however it won't always tell you that you gain. I think it has something to do with your current title and the amount gained, if memory serves. For example, a Glorious Lord will gain a smidge of fame/karma from say a hellhound or something killing another hellhound. Not enough to report on the screen. Prime example of this is killing Earth Elementals in the Compassion desert. Sometimes it says "You have gained..." other times it doesn't.

With regard to autoswinging on mobs, there weren't any near him, they were all near me and the boat (since I was the provoker), so that is out. I'm still clueless how this happened because I've tried every hack/cheat/packet force trick I know and I'm coming up empty.

*shrug*

Pirul

Post by Pirul »

Sir Lagsalittle wrote:You do gain fame/karma when you provo, however it won't always tell you that you gain. I think it has something to do with your current title and the amount gained, if memory serves. For example, a Glorious Lord will gain a smidge of fame/karma from say a hellhound or something killing another hellhound. Not enough to report on the screen. Prime example of this is killing Earth Elementals in the Compassion desert. Sometimes it says "You have gained..." other times it doesn't.
Sorry to insist, but you Sir are mistaken.

Unless this has been patched out recently (which I doubt, since this has been proven to be NEA, and there have not been any patch notes about it), here is the very old patch notes where it was implemented. You need to get the kill shot in to gain fame/karma. Unless you had a summon/pet, there is no way in hell you were gaining fame/karma for that kill. If you are getting fame/karma for your provo kills, then THAT is the bug.

EDIT: Not only that, but I'm assuming since the Cyclops was poisoned, that the creature you had provoed against him was the wyvern, and that was already dead, and you do not get fame/karma if poison kills the mob. It quite simply does not add up, thus I am sticking to my summon theory (blade spirit, energy vortex or walrus).
<ian> 2 chicks making out are not gay

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

It was brought to my attention shortly after Patch 140 that fame and karma gains were coming from barding in some unknown situation. I haven't been able to replicate this in trying. It does not appear that straight provocation yields fame or karma.
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."

nightshark
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by nightshark »

Derrick wrote:It was brought to my attention shortly after Patch 140 that fame and karma gains were coming from barding in some unknown situation. I haven't been able to replicate this in trying. It does not appear that straight provocation yields fame or karma.
In some cases, I've received fame and karma from poison, too...
<green> grats pink and co. .... the 3 of you f---ing scrubs together can blow up a bard. IMPRESSIVE

SoundofGod

Post by SoundofGod »

nightshark wrote:In some cases, I've received fame and karma from poison, too...
I gained Fame/Karma after Deadly Poisoning an Ancient Wrym.