Resist Session(s)?

faber

Resist Session(s)?

Post by faber »

Hey all, Huzke and I have been running resist macro sessions in my tower. I just want to send an invite to anyone and everyone who wants to come and join in on the fun. Post here if you're interested.

Huzke
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Re: Resist Session(s)?

Post by Huzke »

On OSI I'm pretty sure I GM'd resists at a resists party. What I did was got a LOT of summon daemone scrolls and a bunch of friends together. I had two healers spamming bandages on me and a macro to drink an orange potion any time I was poisoned. I stood on a boat with the healers and had my helpers spam summoning with the scrolls and using them to attack me. I don't know how well that would work here or how economical it would be. It should be faster than just endlessly flamestriking yourself though.

I also kind of wonder if it would be possible to hire mages in Wind and trap them in a house and use those. Does anyone know if Wind has mages that can be hired here and if you can take them outside of Wind?

Atraxi

Post by Atraxi »

The magery shop in Ocllo has mage hirelings in the room with the big table. I think there's 3 or 4 hirelings there, if I'm not mistaken.
|| Atx Mini Mall | Atraxi's Great Real Estate ||

IRC: Atraxi on @#bpd +#NEW #SecondAge #C^V

<GreenPlastic> I want Five Guys inside me right now
Millerisfuntoplay wrote:Atraxi pwned me =(

Huzke
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Huzke »

Thanks Atraxi, I think I'm going to give this a try. If it doesn't work then oh well.

Pirul

Post by Pirul »

Yes, you can hire mages in Wind and take them out of town.

Resist parties work fine to get resist up to the mid 80's range. Seeing that we have several new players, and still have some regs left over from previous resist sessions, we could probably put one together to get new members and candidates to 85 resist at least.
<ian> 2 chicks making out are not gay

Huzke
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Huzke »

Well I grabbed the two hireling mages in Occlo's mage shop and boxed them in my house. At first they started using explo and ebolt and I thought this was going to be success! But, then, they stopped using the higher spells and now they just keep debuffing, magic arrowing, and harming with lightning peppered in. This might be a decently economical way to get to 65 or 'maybe' even 70 resists. But I'm at 81.4 resists right now and these little spells aren't going to cut it.

I do have a friend using my house who is about to start resists and he just started playing so it should be a great way for him to get some free resist gains.

Pirul

Post by Pirul »

Yeah, bad thing about NPC mages is they run out of mana pretty quickly. I guess that's the reason most people would rather use WW's.

faber

Post by faber »

does it matter if players cast FS on one another instead of themselves?

Huzke
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Huzke »

faber wrote:does it matter if players cast FS on one another instead of themselves?
It shouldn't, I'm using my bard to cast FS on my mage right now to finally GM my bard's magery. Seems to be working fine.

Pirul

Post by Pirul »

Works just fine, just be sure to time heals well, you don't want to kill him :P

Foefoucheaux

Post by Foefoucheaux »

This resist sessions setup is FTW

viewtopic.php?f=53&t=15015
BlackFoot wrote:I like Foefoucheaux's attitude/take on uo.
Panthor the Hated wrote:Also, Foe is right.

morganm

Post by morganm »

Huzke wrote:
faber wrote:does it matter if players cast FS on one another instead of themselves?
It shouldn't, I'm using my bard to cast FS on my mage right now to finally GM my bard's magery. Seems to be working fine.
You can have multiple casters on one target.

Toker and myself have regularly setup 1 player casting FS on another player who is casting on himself with one healer. The target just has to survive the first mana dump; after that it gets fairly predictable and the target will never take more than two Flamestrikes before healed. Usually we let the target fire up their macro first, start the healer, then time FSs from the other caster until they are out of mana, now start the second caster's macro and you're good to go.

You can add in more casters but you have to add more healing timing gets more tricky but it's doable.

Silent Killer

Post by Silent Killer »

Huzke wrote:Well I grabbed the two hireling mages in Occlo's mage shop and boxed them in my house. At first they started using explo and ebolt and I thought this was going to be success! But, then, they stopped using the higher spells and now they just keep debuffing, magic arrowing, and harming with lightning peppered in. This might be a decently economical way to get to 65 or 'maybe' even 70 resists. But I'm at 81.4 resists right now and these little spells aren't going to cut it.

I do have a friend using my house who is about to start resists and he just started playing so it should be a great way for him to get some free resist gains.
Hire mages from wind they throw higher level spells
Image Image