Weapon disappearing

Report any bugs you discover on the server here
Spitfire

Weapon disappearing

Post by Spitfire »

This happened to me last night at CTF and again today in the 1v1 pvp tourney. I think it has something to do with auto-queue, so maybe it's not a real bug, and I just need to disable this function. I equip and unequip my weapon, and after doing this a certain number of times, it just disappeared from my pack. A guildmate of mine last night said he found my hally on the ground in the signup room (wtf?) and today I was using a qstaff and saw it in an arena... not even the arena I fought in. Here's the screenie:
Attachments
bug.JPG
bug.JPG (117.72 KiB) Viewed 1119 times

Mikel123
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Re: Weapon disappearing

Post by Mikel123 »

This happened to me when I tried to get cute with some Razor macros. Specifically, lifting an equipped weapon, drinking a potion, and then putting the weapon back in hand. (Why would you want to do this? There is a 1-second action delay for all actions, including a normal equip or unequip of a weapon. So, disarm-drink-rearm takes a minimum of 2 seconds. But, lifting a weapon puts it in this weird limbo where it doesn't count as an action, you can drink a potion, and you can put the weapon back in hand, all within a fraction of one second.) I had a macro that did this and worked perfectly in my testing (in the real world) but for whatever reason in the tournament areas caused the weapon to disappear. When I would log out and then log back in, I would find it at my feet. Re-synching didn't seem to help. Perhaps if I set a hotkey that just said "drop item ######### to hand" that might have worked... not sure.

archaicsubrosa77
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by archaicsubrosa77 »

So you are saying it may be possible to pull and hold your weapon to disarm (outside of razor) hit potion hotkey and then rearm?

Might avoid the limbo that way.
Derrick wrote:I wish it were possible that a mount could be whacked while you are riding it, but to the best of my knowedge it is not.

iamreallysquall

Post by iamreallysquall »

archaicsubrosa77 wrote:So you are saying it may be possible to pull and hold your weapon to disarm (outside of razor) hit potion hotkey and then rearm?

Might avoid the limbo that way.
i once had my Noob Apron drop during bagball while lifting it to the ground and it got stuck it was reported directly via irc to derrick
<mistercherry> i bet ide beat yer asss in scrabble
<Atraxi> as soon as i find the noobs i stole from
<Jamison> lelouche your taunts will be your downfall