Enriching the Dungeon Guard with Role Play

Alexandria Rose
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Enriching the Dungeon Guard with Role Play

Post by Alexandria Rose »

Hello fellow guild mates, it is with great pleasure that we are posting news about the approval from our guild leaders concerning a plan which is sure to add depth to this game and enhance our fun on here on uosa. We welcome any guild members who wish to participate in story based role play to jump right in.

No rules for this are set in stone however it is completely optional and we ask that you respect the guild members who are role playing while in-game.

A good example of story based role play is the Pirates of Deepwaters kidnapping and later rescue of Akari. Read here from the top: viewtopic.php?f=38&t=27336
So if you have read this you can see how a little character background and loose story line combined with a bit of role play can embellish and improve game play.

If you wish to take part on this, please post a character sketch so we all have a bit of background information and then see how all our stories start weaving together.

Alex and Akari (and btw Akari makes DG fun)
Alex

sakura

Re: Enriching the Dungeon Guard with Role Play

Post by sakura »

Ok, soo since i'm in on this... here is my story!! ^_^
-------------------------------------------------------------

Akari Moongate is the youngest of three sisters; her parents were killed by Orcs when she was still of very young age, while trying to protect her. The girls had to take care of each other, the eldest had to take the role of mother for the other two because they had no family to turn to for help.

Akari Moongate: Youngest child. A brave and curious girl, reason why she is always getting in trouble. She left the care of her sister because she wanted to explore the world and learn the ways of the warrior, her father sure knew how to swing a sword so she follow his footsteps. Akari is very energetic and full of life, she will always speak her mind and is not afraid of making mistakes, she actually learns from them, well most of the times anyways. Although she sometimes seems tough and proud, her feelings can get easily hurt, and it does not help that she is quite naive about many things. And dislikes the fact that her sisters name sound too much like hers, Akari -- Akane.

Akari in her travels meet face to face with evil many times, and was reminded how this tore her family apart, so she trained very hard to become a great warrior and swore to do anything in her power to vanish those murderous souls.

The other Moongate sisters:

Kana Moongate: She is the eldest, she is like a mother to the others. Kana is not a fighter but a crafter. She is very motherly, modest and humble, nothing like the other two. Lives in Yew.

Akane Moongate: Is the middle child. From young age she has loved magic, so she left her sisters when she turned of age and went to Moonglow to study and become a mage. She does not know modesty, loves having fun in taverns and hopes to marry a wealthy young man. She cant be left alone with Akari... they will surely start a quarrel over non important things... but she will always help those in need and do anything for her sisters.
Last edited by sakura on Wed Mar 23, 2011 4:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

andersej

Post by andersej »

My name is DarkReign, Well my given name....
You see, My first memory was being found in a forest at the age of 4 by a Woman named Pixma the Silent. Pixma was no ordinary woman by no means, The only word that can sum her up would be Deadly. Little did I know that early morning she found me, that my life was about to change forever.

I really did not know what to think of the woman, she had long white hair that seemed to accent her every move. She was tall and slender, but as agile as a cat. Her eyes were warm with just a hint of brown. She never spoke a word to me until the age of ten; Instead I was spoken to with a ancient sign language passed down from generations of assasins.

The first few months I had no idea what was going on. We ate,slept, and moved only in the shadows of trees and took only back roads. I followed her the best I could at almost a constant jog, Ducking and diving through trees, climbing up, jumping down, anytime I made a noise :SMACK: another backhand, Needless to say I cought on fast. I was given my first weapon at age ten. "Time to train" The first words after six long years and they rang like music.

I was trained to hide like a master and wield my fencing weapons with great strength and agility. Soon After, I was tought of such great things like poisons, magics, and potions. Who knew so many tools could be used to destroy evil. Thats right I was raised by one of the only good assasins in the world.

By time I reached my 18th birthday I had already started putting notches in my belt. Every murderer we took out counted. Soon it just became a game between me and her. We would split up and set time limits for bounties. Ohh what fun we were having until that day.... The day she told me about over and over. The one no one can escape- doomsday. I found her in a cave her head was smashed in with a rock, and there were strange runes Embedded into her skin. After furiously smashing tables and chests I examined the area to find a rune marked with the letters -WL-. THE WAR LORDS Those sons of bitches....

On my travels alone I stumbled into a quaint but nice fellow named Melryn Moonstone. After casual greetings Melryn could see I had great fight in me and spoke of a Guild That he ruled over.... He called them Dungeon Guards. A Organized bunch, Deadly fighters, Powerful mages, and some of the greatest crafters around. He told me that they trained day in and day out to fight against evil in any shape or form. I couldnt have been more honored to join such a powerful team. From this day forth i will notch at my belt and gather the heads of all murderers, thieves, orcs, and scallywags as much as I can. Until that one day shall come......
This message has been approved by a Tank

sakura

Post by sakura »

I love it ^_^

andersej

Post by andersej »

sakura wrote:I love it ^_^
I know your talking about yours :P
Cause I cant write nearly as good as you. lol

sakura

Post by sakura »

andersej wrote:
sakura wrote:I love it ^_^
I know your talking about yours :P
Cause I cant write nearly as good as you. lol
No, really yours is good ^_^ mine looks lame now hahahaha.
Cant wait to role play with you :P

Hmm im waiting for Alex to publish his... slow slow ><

Akari Moongate

andersej

Post by andersej »

Yep alex's turn

Spitfire

Post by Spitfire »

Leonidas is, was, and always will be a badass, and everyone loves him for it.

Dungeon Guards, prepare for glory!!!

The end.

Orrin

Post by Orrin »

Tiny gets up, gets drunk, falls down, gets up, gets pk'd, runs to shrine of ressing, gets drunk again, and falls down again.
Tiny DG

Spitfire

Post by Spitfire »

Orrin wrote:Tiny gets up, gets drunk, falls down, gets up, gets pk'd, runs to shrine of ressing, gets drunk again, and falls down again.
This is supposed to be about our characters, not our real life stories!

sakura

Post by sakura »

Ehem!!! Dear Leonidas and GM Tiny!!!! -----> Officer and GM
You better edit those post or ill come get you with a hally and 5 WL guys!!! In diferent times, making sure you are all alone.... >: (

So use your big heads and come up with something more creative pls.......

Akari Moongate (Splenetic)

Orrin

Post by Orrin »

sakura wrote:Ehem!!! Dear Leonidas and GM Tiny!!!! -----> Officer and GM
You better edit those post or ill come get you with a hally and 5 WL guys!!! In diferent times, making sure you are all alone.... >: (

So use your big heads and come up with something more creative pls.......

Akari Moongate (Splenetic)
^^^ thats already happend, youll have to come up with a diff threat ;)

Ok here we go,

Tiny got up with a banging hangover, went for a walk to the nearest wep smith who lived down the street, got sidetracked by the local tavern, got drunk and fell down AGAIN :)
Tiny DG

Alexandria Rose
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Alexandria Rose »

Alexandria, Daisy, Lealla and Brianna are sisters, (Brianna is my 7 year old daughters tamer) and Norris, unbeknownst to them, is their alienated father.

Norris in a nutshell; his childhood sweetheart becomes his wife but within a few years of marriage she falls in love with another man, maintaining a long agonizing affair. Afraid his family would fall apart and that he may end up loosing the only happiness he has ever known which is watching his children grow, tirelessly caring for and teaching them about life, he remains silent about the affair until shortly after daisy their fourth daughter is born. Norris finally finds the courage to confront his wife and demands that she stop the affair and apologize to him for the anguish and torment she has caused. She pleas for a bit of time to gather her thoughts then abandons and robs her own young family in the dead of night. Norris, a devout father and still loyal husband, is completely devastated and completely broke. Desperate to get himself and his daughters future secure, he joins into the kings service (at first secretly hoping to be killed in action and later covertly searching to find answerer's from his estranged wife) where he travels the world accepting any quest the king could offer, learning to fight with swords, taking lessons in magic, studying hand to hand combat and acquiring funds to send to his daughters. A two year agreement in the kings service voluntarily runs into twenty. While brave in field of battle, a coward of the heart, Norris comes back to resolve and revive his family yet still unable to face his miserable, misfortune past he protects his daughters in a now violent world from a safe emotional distance.

Brianna is the oldest, she is solitary and an animal lover. Spending almost her entire life in the forest “talking” to animals, she has damaged buried feelings from her parents quick departure out of her life also from an incident that happened to her the night her mother abandoned them which haunts her every thought.

Alexandria (Alex), second born, is a marvel with her hands and mechanically inclined to build anything her mind can imagine. In her mid teens she leaves the care of Jack and Jakie their step-parents and the security of their wood-cutters shack to make a fortune in the big city. She has a rough start, being robbed and harassed daily but after a few intense months of hard work laboring in mines, learning her first craft of blacksmithing and selling those wares, she was able to afford her own mining shack. And this is where Tiny and Melryn come into the story and oh what tales Alex has to tell from these early times but we will have to save that for another day.

Lealla a wicked brilliant witch. Obedient only to her sisters, mostly stays indoors reading, writing, mixing potions, practicing her magic, and poisoning bladed items to pay for all the magical supplies that she quickly consumes. Mixed up from the past, she was only three when her parents left her with Jack, combined with all the years of botched poison, she is slowly going insane. She eventually follows Alex to city where she can find more customers for her books, scrolls, potions and poisons. Under the encouragement of Alex she attempts to become socially integrated.

Daisy the youngest, loves adventure. She remembers nothing about her real parents and blissfully skips though life. Her sister's charity and the extra money secretly sent from Norris is abundant enough to pay for lessons which enhance her natural talent for music and also enough to pay for her tutelage in magic. The most curious of all Daisy’s talents is her ability to provoke animals and foul creatures to engage each other in battle just by playing her lute. She too follows Alex to the city and spends all her time dangerously exploring the most mysterious places in the world.
Alex

sakura

Post by sakura »

Ok Alex.... you have GMed this skill.... ^_^

Akari Moongate

TheBreadMan

Post by TheBreadMan »

BREADED