Ghosting is inaccurate

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
Omnicron

Ghosting is inaccurate

Post by Omnicron »

i vote to eject ghosts dead for more than 5 mins from dungeons.

Rick Scarf

Re: Ghosting is inaccurate

Post by Rick Scarf »

I don't recall being auto-booted during the era? Besides, while I see the reason you'd want that added, what about the other side of the coin where a person is legitimately waiting for his buddy to come res him so he can get his stuff before his corpse decays, or waiting on a gate out?

tekai
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by tekai »

People will just use a stealth character.

I recently spent some time Pking again, and you as a farming blue have nothing to complain about. Some guy just recalled through Luca hitting him for 75% of his life.

Quit asking for inaccurate mechanics because you lost some farming time.
[broken image]

Mens Rea
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Mens Rea »

Auto-booting did actually exist in the era.

That's why if you were macroing off murder counts as a ghost you would make your char occasionally do something, otherwise you would get a warning and then it would boot you for not moving.

Kelektra
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kelektra »

Mens Rea wrote:Auto-booting did actually exist in the era.
Auto-Booting was an inactivity code, not a anti-ghosting code. Everyone knows that you couldnt just stand in Brit either alive or dead and do nothing or you would get booted.
Its acceptable to unattend macro and there is no afk booting system on UOSA therefor ghost or alive you can stand in a dungeon/town/home for a 24 hour period and would never get kicked.
Last edited by Kelektra on Mon Apr 04, 2011 9:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Shards Only T-Map Validation System viewtopic.php?f=33&t=24446

Malaikat

Post by Malaikat »

I'm pretty sure this had nothing to do with macroing, and was just a timeout feature to cut server bandwidth and make room on the shard. I recall that there were player limits on OSI, and there would be times when the shard would get full...

I was actually surprised to find that UOSA has no inactivity timeout, but this would be easily avoided by setting a razor macro to walk your ghost a step forward and then back every 5 mins or so. It could be added, but it won't solve the "problem" the OP is griping about.
Save yourself the shame and embarrassment and just assume that if you can't understand me...you're the one who's retarded.
Budner wrote:Your sig lets everyone know what an arrogant prick you are.

Omnicron

Post by Omnicron »

Rick Scarf wrote:I don't recall being auto-booted during the era? Besides, while I see the reason you'd want that added, what about the other side of the coin where a person is legitimately waiting for his buddy to come res him so he can get his stuff before his corpse decays, or waiting on a gate out?
I don't even farm. Bodies decay after 5 mins. I don't see how this effects anyone but the people that have 10 accounts so they can ghost every hot spot on the shard at the same time. Ghosting is a bigger inaccuracy than booting ghosts from dungeons. You have to admit around this time every year less and less people play, its because of exploits like this. People can stealth around as much as they want at least they have to be alive.

nightshark
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by nightshark »

Bodies actually take around 14 minutes to decay. 7 minutes to goto bones, if they have 0 items on them at that time they will disappear. Being a ghost isn't era inaccurate. Having 3 clients is arguably, but it's not a mechanical issue.

Ghosting and multi clienting have been discussed to death.
<green> grats pink and co. .... the 3 of you f---ing scrubs together can blow up a bard. IMPRESSIVE

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by MatronDeWinter »

There is nothing inaccurate about ghosting. I remember ghosting the bottom of the terrathan keep, not to find players (because players were everywhere anyway), but to see what was down there without instantly dying. Maybe you should be questioning the accuracy of 3 accounts rather than that of ghosting. In some regard you are right, ghosting is inaccurate. It is inaccurate in that there was a patch that made ghosts unable to view life-bars.

Panthor the Hated
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Panthor the Hated »

Ya wtf is with that lifebar stuff

PointlessPeasant

Post by PointlessPeasant »

3 account limit is not era accurate!

Malaikat

Post by Malaikat »

PointlessPeasant wrote:3 account limit is not era accurate!
True. On OSI you could have as many accounts as you wanted...

Hey, you know what else is inaccurate? The fact that my credit card hasn't once been debited by UOSA.
Save yourself the shame and embarrassment and just assume that if you can't understand me...you're the one who's retarded.
Budner wrote:Your sig lets everyone know what an arrogant prick you are.

tekai
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by tekai »

It could be!

just sayin =)
[broken image]

Kelektra
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kelektra »

Malaikat wrote:
PointlessPeasant wrote:3 account limit is not era accurate!
True. On OSI you could have as many accounts as you wanted...

Hey, you know what else is inaccurate? The fact that my credit card hasn't once been debited by UOSA.
Then maybe its time to DONATE to the shard.
Shards Only T-Map Validation System viewtopic.php?f=33&t=24446

archaicsubrosa77
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by archaicsubrosa77 »

Soloing everything is pretty inaccurate too. Do something about it.
Derrick wrote:I wish it were possible that a mount could be whacked while you are riding it, but to the best of my knowedge it is not.