Roleplayers? Community?

A place to pull up a stool, drink an ale, and share your sagas with fellow patrons. (Roleplay Forum - In Character Only)
Forum rules
This forum is strictly for in-game RP and storyline related info. For more general discussion, please post in General Discussion or Other, as appropriate.
Gaulgorath

Roleplayers? Community?

Post by Gaulgorath »

Hey folks, been on this game for awhile now... Have yet to bump into any real roleplayers. Is there a community or anything? Folks from Napa Valley, or Pacific? Back in the day we had extensive RP communities. Let me know, thanks.

Heckler

Re: Roleplayers? Community?

Post by Heckler »

Gaulgorath wrote:Hey folks, been on this game for awhile now... Have yet to bump into any real roleplayers. Is there a community or anything? Folks from Napa Valley, or Pacific? Back in the day we had extensive RP communities. Let me know, thanks.

i dont know how strict the pirates are but urc was so far the most active ones i have seen, heared of, and dropped my shinnies and tribuuts to.

Vishakt

Post by Vishakt »

Nub roalpayurz heer. Urkz smash dem panzeez fazez en! NOOGGRRAAAHHH!!!!

Ronk
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Ronk »

Vishakt wrote:Nub roalpayurz heer. Urkz smash dem panzeez fazez en! NOOGGRRAAAHHH!!!!
I'll translate for you: www.bloodrock.org

Lol.
------------------
The Bloodrock Orcs - http://www.bloodrock.org
Historic Bloodrock

Pirul

Post by Pirul »

Check out IL.
<ian> 2 chicks making out are not gay

Heckler

Post by Heckler »

Pirul wrote:Kill all IL.

*fixed*

Brymstone

Post by Brymstone »

Community? Not on this shard, most role-players and community minded folks jumped ship awhile back, went to IPY I believe. Still a few groups that hang out with each other if you can find them. Good Luck :(

Corbin

Post by Corbin »

I've been thinking about this a lot lately and I've started looking for a good strict RP guild.

I might end up starting one myself, but I am thinking on which direction to go with it...
Pacific (98-02) - Mystic of FL
Catskills (03-08) - Roo Avery of VIT, T^B
UOSA - Amos Trask/Roo Avery of WTC

Avo

Post by Avo »

Yes, there is a lack of roleplayers on this shard, and i think this is due to the fact that everyone wants to roleplay a different style. A while back i had the idea of forming a guild called I Role Play(iRP) that way all the roleplayers could be united in a single guild.

From there you can setup whatever style of roleplay you would like to play. Say if you want to rp a knight, your title would be Knight(iRP). This way other guildies and non guildies will know that you are a roleplayer as well as what type of character you are rping.

In addition it would be easier to identify all the roleplayers around the shard. The best part of this guild i believe is the fact that whoever becomes the guildmaster will have an easy time to manage the guild. The main job of the guildmaster would consist of being active to add new members and perhaps organizing some rp events if they wish.

Anyways, lemme know what you fellow role players think, thanks from Avo!

chainsoar

Post by chainsoar »

Avo wrote:Yes, there is a lack of roleplayers on this shard, and i think this is due to the fact that everyone wants to roleplay a different style. A while back i had the idea of forming a guild called I Role Play(iRP) that way all the roleplayers could be united in a single guild.

From there you can setup whatever style of roleplay you would like to play. Say if you want to rp a knight, your title would be Knight(iRP). This way other guildies and non guildies will know that you are a roleplayer as well as what type of character you are rping.

In addition it would be easier to identify all the roleplayers around the shard. The best part of this guild i believe is the fact that whoever becomes the guildmaster will have an easy time to manage the guild. The main job of the guildmaster would consist of being active to add new members and perhaps organizing some rp events if they wish.

Anyways, lemme know what you fellow role players think, thanks from Avo!
Been tried, didn't work out. Unlimited Bladeworks used to have a guild called Roleplayers United [RP] based on that exact ruleset. Too many people doing too many different things, it was essentially a failure. For that to work you'd have to have several already well established roleplaying guilds with plenty of members to participate.
Braden wrote:I was getting ready to type a serious reply to this post until I saw who posted it.
[Uhh] Eo wrote:If there is one thing I am a fan of, it is exploring foreign holes.

Avo

Post by Avo »

It's worth a shot, don't you think. A small group of dedicated rpers is better then a large quantity of no-shows.

OneEyedJack
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by OneEyedJack »

I agree with the lacking RPing lately... I just came back after a few months off to find my Undead RP guild was disbanded =( Hit me up if anyone would like to jumpstart it or would like to start a new RP guild. I'd be willing to assist in leading/recruiting for said guild... If not, then I'd be happy to join! Shoot me a PM with any ideas.

PS I don't think I'd make a very good orc... But you Urks do a fantastic job! Keep it up!

Greenmoon

Post by Greenmoon »

Hoho! Noooooogggrraahhh Ummies!!!!!!

Vishakt

Post by Vishakt »

OneEyedJack wrote:I agree with the lacking RPing lately... I just came back after a few months off to find my Undead RP guild was disbanded =( Hit me up if anyone would like to jumpstart it or would like to start a new RP guild. I'd be willing to assist in leading/recruiting for said guild... If not, then I'd be happy to join! Shoot me a PM with any ideas.

PS I don't think I'd make a very good orc... But you Urks do a fantastic job! Keep it up!
Thanks. I've seen a zombie and a mummy running around. I don't know how active they are or what the guild name is but if you can't find them I bet I could dig up the name.

Psilo

Post by Psilo »

the orcs are the only active RP guild I know of at the moment, but what's cool about them is they really are "true RP".

They don't talk out of character, they have ranking, classes(with requirements and restrictions), all names are in-character, ect.

So at least UOSA's small rp population is quality. There was also an old guild called "The Militia" which was a really awesome RP guild, but they disbanded.

Perhaps someone can add to the RP community, and give the orcs a real RP rival!