Possible bug: Spawn not attacking WW

Report any bugs you discover on the server here
elhorno
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Possible bug: Spawn not attacking WW

Post by elhorno »

REPORTED ISSUE: Spawn not attacking pet if nobodies around

ISSUE DETAILS: This bug report has only been noted at the efreet spawn in fire dungeon. It could very well occur for all monsters but its impossible to prove.
When i leave my WW inside the efreet room @ fire dungeon and recall or run out, the spawn will not attack the WW. I can literally go afk with a WW in the efreet room for an hour without gaining any fame from the kills that should be taking place. The second I recall in to check on the status of my WW, the efreet attacks its closest target. Whether that be the WW or whatever. Now i would assume that any player in the close area would cause the efreets to start attacking, not just me. I am not sure if this is a bug or not, but its my observation. So in case I wasnt clear, when there are no players around, efreets, and potentially alot of monsters, do not engage combat with pets.

ENVIRONMENT DETAILS: A small room inside fire dungeon. There is some lava to the north, orcs to the south, and a very mean efreet haunting the room.

STEPS TO RECREATE: Take a WW to fire dungeon efreet room, leave it inside and go anywhere but there. Delucia for example. Sit in delucia and wait to see fame gains from your WW killing efreets. If there are no players around, you will get no fame, no efreets will be killed. The instant you recall back to check, the efreet that spawned in your absence will attack the closest mob.

EXPECTED RESULTS: If there are no players around, you will get no fame, no efreets will be killed. The instant you recall back to check, the efreet that spawned in your absence will attack the closest mob.

DATE REPORTED: 05/27/2011

DATE STATUS CHANGED:

nightshark
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Re: Possible bug: Spawn not attacking WW

Post by nightshark »

This is because the server "goes to sleep" on areas of the map which have no players. Mobs will not move or take damage unless there is a player in the immediate area (not sure exactly how close you need to be).

There is a way around this, you could leave a player hidden or as a ghost by the efreet spawn.
<green> grats pink and co. .... the 3 of you f---ing scrubs together can blow up a bard. IMPRESSIVE