LP SUX

Cattie B

LP SUX

Post by Cattie B »

:x I went out lockpicking for 3 hours .....

3 HOURS

and gained .01

I hate this skill!!!

Ender

Re: LP SUX

Post by Ender »

It's a pretty big pita.

Pirul

Post by Pirul »

Single hardest skill of them all, hands down.

:lol:
<ian> 2 chicks making out are not gay

faber

Post by faber »

can you macro to 95 LP? If so, can you pick any chest in dungeons at 95 skill? Are the loots pretty phat? ;)

Pirul

Post by Pirul »

Yeah, you can macro to 95 skill easy, but to take it from there to GM...let's just say I stopped at 96.4 for a reason. I just lost the will to do it...maybe someday I'll try to GM it.

The loot from lvl 4 chests is 400 gold, some gems, scrolls, and maybe, if you get lucky some nice magic items, mostly teleport, reflect and invis items. Considering you get only 400 gold per chest, some ppl say they've made upwards of 400k GMing LPing, that's 1000 chests where only 14 or so spawn every once in a full moon.
<ian> 2 chicks making out are not gay

Hicha
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Hicha »

Pirul wrote:Considering you get only 400 gold per chest, some ppl say they've made upwards of 400k GMing LPing, that's 1000 chests where only 14 or so spawn every once in a full moon.
I can vouch for that; 350k-450k from only looting gold and regs. Easiest way I found was to just have all the level 4 chests marked one rune away from the chest, then have a second char gate your LP in from a secure spot in your house, pick the chest, take a step away to open, loot the gold and regs, then hop back into the gate. Repeat 14 more times, chests usually cycle every 20-30 minutes.

Took me 2 solid weeks to GM LP.
"I consider most of you NPC's that inhabit the single player game that I am here to enjoy." - MatronDeWinter

Downs

Post by Downs »

.1 per 3 hours is great gains lol!

2 weeks from 95-gm and you will hate life. look at it more as some easy loots though. I had a TON of stuff when i was done with LP
RoadKill wrote: "cA" is a guild of trickery, thieves and explosives so be wary around them.
The New Yew Bank Mall! Don't bother shopping anwhere else!
cA's Database of Adventures!!!

Cattie B

Post by Cattie B »

Downs wrote:.1 per 3 hours is great gains lol!
for serious?? Im only 96.1 .. this is gunna suck lol! I should have started this when i was new.... :cry:

Downs

Post by Downs »

it's totally random, but u will want to gouge ur eyes out.

don't add up the gold you make from GMing it. keep it separate, and when you finally GM it, you'll be a tad happier
RoadKill wrote: "cA" is a guild of trickery, thieves and explosives so be wary around them.
The New Yew Bank Mall! Don't bother shopping anwhere else!
cA's Database of Adventures!!!

nightshark
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by nightshark »

i finally got around to GMing LP from 98.6 a couple of months ago. hardest 1.4 skill ever. i got to kill malice on one of my rounds though and had fun destroying his traps in covetous
<green> grats pink and co. .... the 3 of you f---ing scrubs together can blow up a bard. IMPRESSIVE

Eastwood

Post by Eastwood »

I spent about 3 weeks on it last December to get from 95 to 100. To be honest it was sorta annoying but I also have pretty fond memories of it looking back. I had a runebook to all the good chests, opened gates with another character in case I died, picked locks, occasionally provoked targets of opportunity if no one was round (sometimes got ganked) over all had a lot of fun.

Made a lot of cash on it too. The magic items kinda blow, I may have gotten 1 or 0 vanquish weapons out of the entire deal.
Catskills 97-99