New to the shard!

A place to pull up a stool, drink an ale, and share your sagas with fellow patrons. (Roleplay Forum - In Character Only)
Forum rules
This forum is strictly for in-game RP and storyline related info. For more general discussion, please post in General Discussion or Other, as appropriate.
kamesan

New to the shard!

Post by kamesan »

Hello, installing the client now. I have been away from UO since about 2001. Love to rp here and there and dont mind a civil duel.

What kind of pvp / player looting does the shard allow?

P.S. to the developer, you dont know how exciting this game is for me! only reason i stopped playing was because the free shards werent standardized!

McSchnurke

Re: New to the shard!

Post by McSchnurke »

Welcome.

As far as PvP and looting go, if you can imagine it you can do it.

xevec
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by xevec »

Hello, to answer your question best, we use pre-trammel mechanics.
So basically you can potentially be killed anywhere, even in town, especially when afk.
These guides written by Matron are probably the best starting point so that you don't get discouraged when pkers show up.
Also use IRC, so you can ask questions, and meet people.
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=24961
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=10117

Safir
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Safir »

Welcome to UOSA! The only MMORPG worth playing to date.

Like xevec said, get on IRC to both meet people and ask those questions that makes you feel like a newb again. ;)

Razzamanazz

Post by Razzamanazz »

I've been playing here for a couple weeks. Best advice I can give you is to learn Razor and bank often. This shard has tons of PKs but most are pretty nice and will resurrect you and only take your gold (and silver wep if you're at a lich spawn). If you get PKd go into combat mode so they can see your ghost and run somewhere monster free nearby. 2 out of 3 times you'll get a rez and a heal so you can get your stuff back.

Sandro

Post by Sandro »

Razzamanazz wrote:I've been playing here for a couple weeks. Best advice I can give you is to learn Razor and bank often. This shard has tons of PKs but most are pretty nice and will resurrect you and only take your gold (and silver wep if you're at a lich spawn). If you get PKd go into combat mode so they can see your ghost and run somewhere monster free nearby. 2 out of 3 times you'll get a rez and a heal so you can get your stuff back.
The easiest way to get a res, more times than not is to give a bounty to the player who killed you, even if it is only 1 gold. That seems to be the most sought after "reward" to pking, except to maybe the upmost broke players who do it for fun/loots.

The quoted advice above is also top quality.
[14:17] <UOSAPlayer4056> cr3w guild is a joke. Ran by staff members, multi client pking, this shards a joke and a half.
Blaise wrote:Man, you guys are really stepping up your game now that you're not living in the shadow of cr3w

Vishakt

Post by Vishakt »

If they want it thats why you don't give it to them. Consider everything on you lost and then if you get any back it will be a good day. How hard can it possibly be to get ressed? Well maybe in a dungeon, but above land, run your fatti ghost arse to the nearest healer or shrine.

Pied Piper

Post by Pied Piper »

kamesan wrote:Hello, installing the client now. I have been away from UO since about 2001. Love to rp here and there and dont mind a civil duel.

What kind of pvp / player looting does the shard allow?

P.S. to the developer, you dont know how exciting this game is for me! only reason i stopped playing was because the free shards werent standardized!
LOL. Civil duel.