Poisoning in tournies.

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.

Poisoning in tournys.

Yes, poisoned weps should be allowed for those with poison skill.
27%
No, poisoned weps should NOT be allowed. AND poison spell should be removed.
7%
Leave it the way it is with poison spell, but not weps.
67%

Total votes: 30

son
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!
Location: I put an r in it http://my.uosecondage.com/Status/Player/67484

Re: Poisoning in tournies.

Post by son »

BlackFoot wrote:i think you misunderstand what a crafting skill is

if i put alchemy on my dexxer it is not a pvp skill because i can make purple pots as a go it is still a crafting skill
Why again can anyone claim what a pvp skill or crafting skill is?

This is pure preference. Your preference should not be pushed on to others.

PS, if a dexer has alc, they should be allowed to make pots on the field. Why the hell not? What are you guys so afraid of?
rdash wrote:BLACKFOOT STAY AWAY FROM MY FRIENDS OR MEET A BLADE OF VANQUISH AND ADDITIONAL TACTICS

BlackFoot
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by BlackFoot »

they can make potiosn on the field, it doesnt make it a pvp skill it makes it a crafting skill, and what you crafted is then used for pvp
what a crafting skill is or is not <- is not a matter of opinion as you claim
it simply is either a crafting skill or it isnt
<IronfistMax> tell me where you are in game, and ill come thank you personally
Mad_Max: blackfoot you sent everyone to a slaughter
<Derrick> We will not negotiate with terrorists.
UOSA Society of Adventure and History [UoH]

son
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by son »

I dont follow your logic. To me this differentiation is your opinion and nothing more.

See I am the one rejecting the different sets, one being "crafting" and the other being "PvP skill".

You claim to know how to differentiate the two. I say the line is fuzzier, so it falls on you to demonstrate the boundaries between the sets (and to everyone else making the such claims!).
rdash wrote:BLACKFOOT STAY AWAY FROM MY FRIENDS OR MEET A BLADE OF VANQUISH AND ADDITIONAL TACTICS

BlackFoot
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by BlackFoot »

thi smight help you understand the difference a little bit
a pvp skill is one that has you required to have the skill in order to use its particular item to be effective
such as a mage with reagents , when they cast a spell we dont consider them to have crafted an ebolt with pearl and shade and then used the ebolt on a person, they cant hand the ebolt to somone else and have them use the ebolt

but we would consider inscription to be a crafting skill because you Can infact hand over an ebolt and have somone else use it regardless of their inscription skill

blacksmithing is considered a crafting skill because you build something that has an effect on mobiles in the world regardless of the person who is using that objects blacksmithing skill

poisoning is a crafting skill as you create an object that can be transfered between players and has an effect on other players regardless of the person who is using said object s skill in poisoning

poisoning changed from a crafting skill to a useable skill after UOR when the players skill in poisoning had an important effect to the objects effectiveness

im sure everyone is tired of this thread and its topic because it seems so simple but i am bad at explaining
maybe if somone who understands the mechanics fo the game could explain better

son
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by son »

Your definition of poisoning is wrong. Poisoning in fact crafts nothing.

BlackFoot
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by BlackFoot »

how so
surely you understand that a possoned kryss is no longer just a kryss
Last edited by BlackFoot on Wed Nov 19, 2008 11:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

kill drizitz
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by kill drizitz »

bump this poll is much more thought out than the other. and can accomidate all, not just venox.

finally solution for these weak pvpers(venox/son/flash): dont join tournaments because you will never win.

blackfoot these guys are even more ignorant than i am so i think it pointless.

EDIT: i can already see that venox/son/flash are the overwhelming minority, and i think a gm should stop these polls/threads already. or at least let us know which direction they might go in. it would clear everything up.

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

As I stated in the now 18 page discussion, I doubt we'll be adding poison weapons and restricting the usage of them to those who have the poisoning skill. It's inconsistent with anything else in the tourney system which is either On or Off. Wiping blades at the beginning of each match also just seems over complicated.

The only solution that I have proposed and am already planning to implement is another tourney type in which poison weapons will be allowed for everyone's use.

BlackFoot
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by BlackFoot »

end thread

*blackfoot sleeps*

Faust

Post by Faust »

I've been looking at this from a coding perspective. Having to implement special cases for wiping weapons and so forth is a bit ridiculous. You also have to look at potential bugs. What if someone goes in there with prepped heals and sitting there poisoning several weapons just to get a free poison off without using resources such as deadly poison potions? To fix something like this would require special coding for either a limit or wiping poison once more on all weapons. On top of that if someone is holding a weapon that can cause a potential problem for the code if it in fact does wipe poison. I'm sure this is only the tip of the iceburg.

Ronk
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Ronk »

Faust wrote:I've been looking at this from a coding perspective. Having to implement special cases for wiping weapons and so forth is a bit ridiculous. You also have to look at potential bugs. What if someone goes in there with prepped heals and sitting there poisoning several weapons just to get a free poison off without using resources such as deadly poison potions? To fix something like this would require special coding for either a limit or wiping poison once more on all weapons. On top of that if someone is holding a weapon that can cause a potential problem for the code if it in fact does wipe poison. I'm sure this is only the tip of the iceburg.
Yeah, it was also pointed out in the long discussion that everyone gets some base poisoning skill because of intelligence...meaning everyone could poison a weapon, in theory.

I think it was decided that either the poison spell should also not be allowed to be used or cure potions should be usable. I think the main argument was that without magery, you can't compete with the poison spell because bandages just don't cut it. But as expected, the polls posted don't reflect an option to allow cure potions even though cure potions wouldn't drag fights out the way heals and such would.
------------------
The Bloodrock Orcs - http://www.bloodrock.org
Historic Bloodrock

BlackFoot
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by BlackFoot »

that wasnt decided at all, what was decided was that nothing will change
please let this go

venox

Post by venox »

BlackFoot wrote:thi smight help you understand the difference a little bit
a pvp skill is one that has you required to have the skill in order to use its particular item to be effective
such as a mage(poisoning) with reagents(poison potion) , when they cast a spell(applies poison) we dont consider them to have crafted an ebolt with pearl and shade and then used the ebolt on a person(releasing e-bolt/releasing poison), they cant hand the ebolt to somone else and have them use the ebolt.(hence the divide comes in where it is dependent on whether or not the player has the skill)
btw i edited blackfoot only where i inserted the brackets.

i agree with all your blacksmithy stuff.
i never did disagree with it.
i just want you to see the duality of poison.

BlackFoot
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by BlackFoot »

your post makes no sense

venox

Post by venox »

it makes perfect sense.
you described the act of casting a spell and i simply paralled that to poisoning.

the world is not black and white.
poisoning is not just a crafting skill.

shades of grey do exist.
look around!