Multiple Account Blue+Grays Abuse in Town

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
Stonewolf

Multiple Account Blue+Grays Abuse in Town

Post by Stonewolf »

Two accounts of this occurred today, alone, whereupon some skill-lacking PKs managed to kill a player and have the murderer loot his body with a blue character would lay in wait. If the gray was killed, the blue swept up the stolen loot and remained blue and untouchable. Both instances were obviously use of two accounts, but the worst was at Brit's First.

'a bazooka' and 'Leatherman' made an orchestrated, fast attack on a single player that they felt to be afk. After I went down while NOT afk, too fast to defend against as I'm still building my toon, I lost only a magical spear to the morons. Later, I remained to watch as they set up their toons to attack another with multiple attacks, killing him. I tried to help him by yelling 'Guards'. By the time I finished yelling it 5 times, he ended up dying to a delayed explosion.

A 6th toon began looting him fast before he got guard deathed leaving a purely innocent blue 'a bazooka' to loot what he wanted. He gave some back, but I'm sure he did as he did with me, keeping something he thought of worth.

After that, they were setting up again, after Dime Gating the ghosts out and then the naked morons back again.

This was obviously two players with multiple accounts doing this. 'a bazooka' and 'a grenade' kind of gives away the one.

I played back in the beginning. This did not happen and if it was attempted, it was by multiple players who were often engaged by all the other players hanging around the bank.

I like being able to use multiple accounts. With the population so low, making transactions between characters was difficult. I had two accounts back in the day and, if I recall correctly, you could not run two instances of a game at the same time. But that was more due to the technology of the time, not exactly by design.

Now, with two computers, splits screens, and much much higher processing speeds, a single player could handle 4 toons at one time.

I would like to see these guys at least have to have something to lose if they're going to pull this lame exploiting/griefing out. They don't even have any real skill but manage to injure characters that do.

If there were a way to tie in multiple accounts and actions together, such as, from the same IP working on the same grief, they both turn gray or simply have the names of each reported in the grief/exploit reported to have their accounts on that IP address suspended... it would do well to keep old players like myself interested in the game.

Town used to be pretty safe. I've had more trouble IN town now than out and I remember the times of the Town Spawns.

This needs a fix.

Mens Rea
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Re: Multiple Account Blue+Grays Abuse in Town

Post by Mens Rea »

You can't prove anything.

Stonewolf

Post by Stonewolf »

The Devs & Mods can by cross referencing the lamer's character names and IP addresses. This isn't criminal court and they ain't congressmen.

Kelektra
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kelektra »

You very much could run more then one client.

MultiUO

No fix needed. They are not doing anything that could not have been done in T2A. Town was never 100%. Yes it was safer back then only because there were so many more players. You have to learn to adapt to new evils of the world. "Guards" in your macro if you afking. Put everything in your bank if your in town macroing.

If your really worried about your "magic spear" which i would assume is junk anyway or you would have said +20 vanq short spear, I will gladly give you several.
Shards Only T-Map Validation System viewtopic.php?f=33&t=24446

iamreallysquall

Post by iamreallysquall »

just fyi spamming guards in your macro will get you squelched :P
<mistercherry> i bet ide beat yer asss in scrabble
<Atraxi> as soon as i find the noobs i stole from
<Jamison> lelouche your taunts will be your downfall

Pied Piper

Post by Pied Piper »

Stonewolf wrote:Two accounts of this occurred today, alone, whereupon some skill-lacking PKs managed to kill a player and have the murderer loot his body with a blue character would lay in wait. If the gray was killed, the blue swept up the stolen loot and remained blue and untouchable. Both instances were obviously use of two accounts, but the worst was at Brit's First.

'a bazooka' and 'Leatherman' made an orchestrated, fast attack on a single player that they felt to be afk. After I went down while NOT afk, too fast to defend against as I'm still building my toon, I lost only a magical spear to the morons. Later, I remained to watch as they set up their toons to attack another with multiple attacks, killing him. I tried to help him by yelling 'Guards'. By the time I finished yelling it 5 times, he ended up dying to a delayed explosion.

A 6th toon began looting him fast before he got guard deathed leaving a purely innocent blue 'a bazooka' to loot what he wanted. He gave some back, but I'm sure he did as he did with me, keeping something he thought of worth.

After that, they were setting up again, after Dime Gating the ghosts out and then the naked morons back again.

This was obviously two players with multiple accounts doing this. 'a bazooka' and 'a grenade' kind of gives away the one.

I played back in the beginning. This did not happen and if it was attempted, it was by multiple players who were often engaged by all the other players hanging around the bank.

I like being able to use multiple accounts. With the population so low, making transactions between characters was difficult. I had two accounts back in the day and, if I recall correctly, you could not run two instances of a game at the same time. But that was more due to the technology of the time, not exactly by design.

Now, with two computers, splits screens, and much much higher processing speeds, a single player could handle 4 toons at one time.

I would like to see these guys at least have to have something to lose if they're going to pull this lame exploiting/griefing out. They don't even have any real skill but manage to injure characters that do.

If there were a way to tie in multiple accounts and actions together, such as, from the same IP working on the same grief, they both turn gray or simply have the names of each reported in the grief/exploit reported to have their accounts on that IP address suspended... it would do well to keep old players like myself interested in the game.

Town used to be pretty safe. I've had more trouble IN town now than out and I remember the times of the Town Spawns.

This needs a fix.
my advice 2 u is avoid wbrit bank. it's well known 2 have "certain consequences'"

Kelektra
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kelektra »

you dont spam guards

you setup a simple if statement

If HP < (current stam-1) then
Say "Guards"
bla
bla
end if
repeat above as needed in macro or just loop here

If you have pauses of 11000 in your macro then your doing it wrong. I weave the above in with 2 sec pauses until you get to whatever pause you need for that specific skill your working. Sure its longer but it always works.

Example

If Hp < 95 then
Say "Guards"
End if
Use Skill anatomy
target last target
pause 2000
if hp < 95 then
Say guards
end if
pause 2000
if hp < 95 then
say guards
end if
pause 2000
if hp < 95 then
Say guards
end if
pause 2000
if hp < 95 then
say guards
end if
pause 2000

I have had this in every single macro i use in town and have never been successfully killed.

People need to assume that they will be attacked, at any given time. Be smart and noone will get your loot.

iamreallysquall

Post by iamreallysquall »

just fyi i was not saying that you were implying to spam it just that "spamming it will get you squelched" and sadly with the method above that guard line wont save you either :) always be prepared to die
<mistercherry> i bet ide beat yer asss in scrabble
<Atraxi> as soon as i find the noobs i stole from
<Jamison> lelouche your taunts will be your downfall

Kelektra
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kelektra »

Well its always saved me the 20+ times i have been attacked in town. Never once have I died. So I would say its works pretty well.

Dolos

Post by Dolos »

Kelektra wrote:Well its always saved me the 20+ times i have been attacked in town. Never once have I died. So I would say its works pretty well.
If this truly is the case, then the town pks you speak of are doing it way wrong.

Kelektra
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kelektra »

Well its the element of surprise really.

They see a character macroing away with no Guards being spammed. So they setup their attack and boom GUARDS.

In the words of the uber awesome jersey shore "COME AT ME BRO" (if you think my macro doesnt work)

Dolos

Post by Dolos »

Ooooh, this sounds fun. You should PM me your name and normal macroing spots.

Omnicron

Post by Omnicron »

I saw someone loose almost an entire set of that white clothing everyone is raving about. How 10 G-Explodes could go off all at the same time? "ITS ERA ACCURATE AND EVERYONE IS CAPABLE OF DOING WITH RAZER." BS I say, BS.

Hicha
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Hicha »

You can throw 3 to 4 pots before they explode and flag you aggressor; if 2 or 3 characters are throwing pots, you're gonna die regardless of how clever you think your macro is.

Your best bet is to macro with the bare minimum items you need for the skill you are working, not be blocking a door or NPC, and remain silent.

If you're on a nice mount or have 400+ regs on you, you're asking to get killed. If you have a stupid macro that says guards every 2 secs, its even worse, like you're challenging or taunting Pks (ill kill you just for thinking you were gonna be safe.)
"I consider most of you NPC's that inhabit the single player game that I am here to enjoy." - MatronDeWinter

Dolos

Post by Dolos »

Hicha wrote:If you're on a nice mount or have 400+ regs on you, you're asking to get killed. If you have a stupid macro that says guards every 2 secs, its even worse, like you're challenging or taunting Pks (ill kill you just for thinking you were gonna be safe.)
This