Era Accuracy + IBD

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
Lady Ivy

Re: Era Accuracy + IBD

Post by Lady Ivy »

Kaivan wrote:
Flea wrote:However, in any event, I've stated this before and I'll state it again since it seems to fall on deaf ears over and over: IBD's and furniture dye tubs are accurate, and I have expressed the desire to make them available in some fashion. However the way, quantity, and time that they may become available in is entirely up to us.
My faith in you has been restored!

Light Shade
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Light Shade »

I'd be fine with the Furniture Dye Tubs. They don't have any real impact on actual gameplay. Still think IBD's were the worst of the worst as far as ideas are concerned.

-L/S
[20:08] <@Kaivan> We have a ridable Maahes in Green Acres.
[10:00] <TheBreadman> leeds did a takeover on secondage
[10:00] <@Derrick> hax

Tom: Get bad bro

Flea

Post by Flea »

Kaivan wrote:
Flea wrote:Era accuracy correct? Thats the goal of this shard. Without item bless deeds & furniture dye tubs its not era accurate.

I stated before, this shard has never had a clean up brittania event. Because in a real clean up Brittania event, you were able to get item bless deeds and furniture dye tubs.
If we're going to go to this level of detail regarding CUB, we must also consider the fact that even if we did have another CUB with these items made available that we still wouldn't have an actual CUB. This is because we have no idea what the algorithm for determining the ticket value was in the first place, and we won't ever know. Thus, in terms of accuracy, we could call any CUB event a total write off. Beyond that, of course, we won't be running another CUB event, so this becomes a moot point.

However, in any event, I've stated this before and I'll state it again since it seems to fall on deaf ears over and over: IBD's and furniture dye tubs are accurate, and I have expressed the desire to make them available in some fashion. However the way, quantity, and time that they may become available in is entirely up to us.
Totally understandable BUT the Shard quickly approaching 4 years. over 2X as long as the actual era its emulating. If this was OSI and we started day 1, we'd be well into UO:R and vet rewards. Just think these things should be given some more forward thinking in how to get it done.

Higler

Post by Higler »

I have not played here long guys but my stance on this and not to beat a dead horse or anything is that yes IBDs are era accurate but were only for CuB so its up to staff whether they want to have this event or another event to make these available, some may say they are the worst thing ever and would quit if they are implamented, I ask you this why...? If were going for era accuracy items could be wrestled disarmed and stolen between the hands of the player and their bag if your quick enough and a good theife, i did this many many times on chessapeak and controlled nearly half of the blessed weapons on chessapeak for some time ( the ones I didn't control were from bank sitters who never went into the field im guessing) so the fact that this would affect matron is really moot if she has a theife and has any skill and the melee combat for this shard is era accurate she would actually benefit from having IBD's. Weapons and armor that were blessed still broke or people got banned or quit and many of these items were lost forever which I'm sure would happen here if these were put in the game over time. This was well before the game went to item based or insurance or tram even so making these points or saying this partiuclar item is what caused these atrocities to be put in place is moot as well. I could care less either way if IBDs are put in if they are ill certainly find a way to get some but if not i would continue to happily play this era accurate server since there are so few out there that are not corrupted or just plain trash. We should let our trusty staff handle this manner how they see fit and give them the proper time to do so, they have not done too bad (damn good actually) thus far from what i can tell so have faith. Yes its era accurate but no it wouldn't completely make or break this server if they were or were not put in.
"All Kill = No Skill Newb!" random angry kid

"Damn DP dex monkey, I couldn't heal!" captain obvious, another angry kid

"Damn garbage spam me harm! learn new spell" Courage of Chessapeak