Winner Takes All - 75k prize - Tamer Event - Starts 8/10/11

Post your player run event here.
Forum rules
Please make the topic as descriptive and concise as possible. If your event has not been changed to sticky or announce and you would like it to be, please contact a staff member. Announced events, which show up on our main website Must include the event date in the topic title.
fortin
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Winner Takes All - 75k prize - Tamer Event - Starts 8/10/11

Post by fortin »

Winner Takes All

Calling all tamers worth their salt! I am proud to announce a new tamer event called Winner Takes All brought to you by Fortin of [BGH]. Bring out your meanest, baddest old dragon because I am challenging every tamer on this shard to fight my dragon, Guts.
guts.png
guts.png (251.04 KiB) Viewed 2409 times
Name: Guts
Weight: 120,000 stones
Born: The mean streets of Destard.
Background: Guts has sharpened his fangs and honed his knowledge of the arcane arts to that of high levels. Thousands of the most foul creatures and Urks have died beneath his claws.

This is a fight for gold and glory. There are a lot of tamers who I would consider impostors so I'm calling you out!

These are the rules.

Each contestant will have an entry fee of 25k for the winners prize. If I win the purse the money gets rolled over for the next match. So each victory I have the prize grows by 25k.

Q: How do I sign up?
A: Post here. Fights will be first come first serve as long as Guts stays alive. We will arrange a time that works for both of us.

Q: Where will the fights take place?
A: On the roof of my keep. The fights will be private matches. I will gate you and your dragon in from an undisclosed location. A witness and broker are optional but encouraged. I will be RPVing each of the battles and uploading them. For the glory or for the shame.

Q: How are the fights conducted?
A: Both tamers will target the enemy dragon after the 3 second countdown. There will be no healing, vet , magic or buffs of any kind allowed on your pet. This is a fight to the death.

Q: Can i get disqualified?
A: If at anytime during a match that any sort of buff, magic spell, item, or any act that could influence the outcome of the match is committed you will be disqualified and banned from the house. Disqualification means you will give up all your gold and will be banned from my future taming events.

Q: How long does this last?
A: I will continue to battle until Guts dies in combat or all the challengers fail.

Q: What about other pets?
A: White wyrms will be next on my list and if this event is popular enough I will make another.

Bring it on noobs. Guts is hungry.
Last edited by fortin on Sat Aug 13, 2011 12:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

WiseOne

Re: Winner Takes All - Tamer Event - Starts 8/10/11

Post by WiseOne »

Very cool idea! Too bad mine is only at 70 :(
This should be watchable live, maybe with ghosts?
♥ Baaaaaaaaaaam ♠

Ronk
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Ronk »

While I briefly considered this to eat your dragon since you called out urks...we aren't gonna go grief an event, lol. Thus I offer my suggestion instead of using it :-p

Change up the undisclosed location and/or have a ghost to ensure no ghosts are going through your gate. Otherwise, someone will bring a ghost, run through your gate, find your undisclosed location, and be ready when the next dragon is ready to gate in. Granted, you can ban, but its worth planning for.
------------------
The Bloodrock Orcs - http://www.bloodrock.org
Historic Bloodrock

fortin
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by fortin »

hahahah Ronk I was hoping I would get a reply from you! Thanks for the advice. The biggest challenge is going to be keeping these fights secure. I want to reassure everyone that I will do my best to prevent any pet from being killed out of hand. Hopefully there wont be too many fights back to back but well see.

WiseOne, I really wanted these matches to be watchable so more of the shard can participate or enjoy the show but it cant be open to the public. Your idea for ghosts is a great one and once the first match is announced people who want to attend can send me a PM and well make arrangements.

I am open to suggestions on how to make an event like this truly public without someone EQing or peacemaking

Ronk
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Ronk »

fortin wrote:hahahah Ronk I was hoping I would get a reply from you! Thanks for the advice. The biggest challenge is going to be keeping these fights secure. I want to reassure everyone that I will do my best to prevent any pet from being killed out of hand. Hopefully there wont be too many fights back to back but well see.

WiseOne, I really wanted these matches to be watchable so more of the shard can participate or enjoy the show but it cant be open to the public. Your idea for ghosts is a great one and once the first match is announced people who want to attend can send me a PM and well make arrangements.

I am open to suggestions on how to make an event like this truly public without someone EQing or peacemaking
Well, from what ive heard the inside of a keep is EQ proof because its too far. If you build a locked down table wall around the arena...no ghosts can 'walk into it', as ghosts can't pass through locked down tables. Thus you could use a ghost to make sure none are inside it, and then it becomes a 'secure area'.

Then you can either have ghosts watch, or you can snoop people as they enter...ensuring they only have a rune and recall scroll.
------------------
The Bloodrock Orcs - http://www.bloodrock.org
Historic Bloodrock

fortin
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by fortin »

WiseOne, I will also think about lower spectrum pets that would let tamers from all skill ranges participate. I

WiseOne

Post by WiseOne »

fortin wrote:WiseOne, I will also think about lower spectrum pets that would let tamers from all skill ranges participate. I
Now we're talking :D
I am going to really focus on the tamer in the next few days so hopefully I can show up with a decent creature.

Thanks fortin
♥ Baaaaaaaaaaam ♠

GuardianKnight
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by GuardianKnight »

Challenge accepted
"I used to be with it, but then they changed what it was. Now what I'm with isn't it, and what's it seems weird and scary to me, and it'll happen to you, too." Grandpa Simpson

fortin
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Re: Winner Takes All - 75k prize - Tamer Event - Starts 8/10

Post by fortin »

It was an epic fight between two mighty dragons.

Guts vs. WhiteKnight

These two mighty beasts went head to head for nearly the whole match. As both dragons started to lose their health a victgor became apparent. Guts used his high level magery to win the day. I give my thanks to GuardianKnight for such a challenging and fun match! I look forward to a rematch.

The winnings will be rolled over into the next match. So whoever can beat Guts now has a chance to win 75k.

GuardianKnight
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by GuardianKnight »

Can't wait until you do this again. I'll be ready!
"I used to be with it, but then they changed what it was. Now what I'm with isn't it, and what's it seems weird and scary to me, and it'll happen to you, too." Grandpa Simpson

fortin
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by fortin »

Well this is ongoing so when your ready let me know. It will be double or nothing!

Return to “Player Run Events”