BUM Hostel now officially open

A place to pull up a stool, drink an ale, and share your sagas with fellow patrons. (Roleplay Forum - In Character Only)
Forum rules
This forum is strictly for in-game RP and storyline related info. For more general discussion, please post in General Discussion or Other, as appropriate.
chainsoar

BUM Hostel now officially open

Post by chainsoar »

[BUM] is proud to announce the opening of the Skara Brae Hostel for new & otherwise homeless players. Located in Skara farms just east of the docks, the hostel has everything a hobo needs to improve his or her skills.

Location -

In the lobby you will find cooking equipment & materials, the hostel rules book and a guestbook where you can leave your comments. There is also a donations chest by the stairwell for generous visitors to leave equipment for training new players. Next to this is a small collection of runes to player vendors, town banks and hunting locations suitable for new & more advanced players.

On the first floor is the dormitory, where each guest will be given a key to one of the boxes at the foot of their bed, where they can store their belongings until such time as they are ready to leave. After your stay, the box will be removed and replaced with a new one, or you may take it with you.

On the next floor you will find the workshop, where you can make use of the equipment provided to improve your crafting skills. Currently we are able to offer you the opportunity to work on blacksmithing, carpentry and tinkering. There is also a lockpicking kit available on request, provided by the [MoB] Stop & Shop store in Yew.

Finally, on the roof, we have a training area where you can improve your healing, combat & many other skills. The chest contains training weapons and will be stocked with other supplies as needed.

So, if you're homeless right now, wander along and sign up! We're here to help.

[BUM] would like to thank the Merchants of Britannia [MoB] and Fox's place at Yew moongate for providing many of the materials required to furnish and equip the hostel.
Braden wrote:I was getting ready to type a serious reply to this post until I saw who posted it.
[Uhh] Eo wrote:If there is one thing I am a fan of, it is exploring foreign holes.

Tiwstacain

Re: BUM Hostel now officially open

Post by Tiwstacain »

At is looking kick ass man nice work

TC

Lagrath

Post by Lagrath »

That looks awesome. Some of my new guildies are having trouble all working out of just the small house I set up and with the limited equipment there. I'll show them this thread.

chainsoar

Post by chainsoar »

I hired some paladins for the training area, just give me a shout if you want to use it as unfortunately I've yet to figure out a practical way to leave that area constantly unlocked.

There are also a number of unoccupied small houses in the area available for anyone who needs to borrow one.
Braden wrote:I was getting ready to type a serious reply to this post until I saw who posted it.
[Uhh] Eo wrote:If there is one thing I am a fan of, it is exploring foreign holes.

Arsen
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Arsen »

cool can i join? i would like to have my own bedroom with a secured oger chest if thats possible. no kidding
[22:00:50] <@Dupre> arsen isnt raging, hes jsut german, it just sounds taht way
[22:00:58] <@Dupre> hes actually very calm and gentle
[22:03:54] <@Dupre> arsen is also the best player here

chainsoar

Post by chainsoar »

Arsen wrote:cool can i join? i would like to have my own bedroom with a secured oger chest if thats possible. no kidding
It's funny, but you know, I have this strange idea that you've got a ridiculous amount of UO gold and about 13 houses

fortin
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by fortin »

Whaaaaat this is awesome. I wish I had something like this growing up on SA. I will try to stop by with donations. I hope beginners are taking advantage of this.

Pied Piper

Post by Pied Piper »

Where exactly do donations go? I have some stuff nooobs could use that I want to donate but I am seriously not going to run around that area with buttloads of stuff on me since some of the comedians live around that area to the North by the big lake.

Could you post a pic with a red circle around the donation box or something?

chainsoar

Post by chainsoar »

I appreciate it's not 100% secure but the very fact of making it available to place donations into sadly makes that impossible. I endeavour to check it as often as I can and move any donations to a safe container.

Pied Piper

Post by Pied Piper »

chainsoar wrote:Image

I appreciate it's not 100% secure but the very fact of making it available to place donations into sadly makes that impossible. I endeavour to check it as often as I can and move any donations to a safe container.

I will PM you after dropping off my donations whenever I donate stuff to make it EZer for you.

chainsoar

Post by chainsoar »

Many thanks to Pied Piper for his generous donations of weapons, armour, crafting materials and many other useful items for the use of new players in training their skills and preparing themselves for adventure.

Pied Piper

Post by Pied Piper »

Your welcome and I will donate more stuff in the future for sure. :)

GuardianKnight
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by GuardianKnight »

This needs a BUM-P.
"I used to be with it, but then they changed what it was. Now what I'm with isn't it, and what's it seems weird and scary to me, and it'll happen to you, too." Grandpa Simpson

Notorious

Post by Notorious »

GuardianKnight wrote:This needs a BUM-P.
ISEEWHATUDIDTHUR

Brules

Post by Brules »

Very cool! Glad to see someone else helping noobs here get established! I might suggest a repost in the new player forum and then get it stickied. I think a lot of my users find me via that sub forum.

Good luck Chainsoar!