Stable filling with cats and blockading

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
Ragancy
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Stable filling with cats and blockading

Post by Ragancy »

Omnicron wrote:
Omnicron wrote:make magic work in town so we can eq these stray cats
i don't see how stray cats (or any stray animal) are the problem. you can just buy a dozen rats for 1k anytime you want to fill the stables.

Charla

Post by Charla »

It is difficult to stable new pets because of the stables full issues. What I do is when I take a pet out to

use it, I fill that spot with a holding pet. Not tons of them, just to keep that one spot for my use, so that when I

need to restable, I can. Another thing I do is keep several riding pets in my house. Yes it is a "chore" to make

sure tame them morning and evening, so they don't poof. This leaves the stable spaces I use for the

pets I don't use alot, or would be difficult for me to replace.

But a point to remember I think, is OSI at one point limited the amount of pets each character could have in

stables. If I remember correctly, if a character had the limited number stabled, they could not stable in

any other stable.

It had something to do with pet hordeing.

I don't think any of us want to go back to that system???? Even thou trying to stable can be a big

pain.

Westra

Boondock_Saint
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Boondock_Saint »

If that whole limited pet issue was after this era, then there is no grounds for implementing it.
[quote="Downs"]All the cool kids saw your wizard tears. [/quote]

[21:32] <[Rose]> scurvy is the new chumbucket

dren
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by dren »

Boondock_Saint wrote:If that whole limited pet issue was after this era, then there is no grounds for implementing it.
Agreed.

Still though the stable amount maxes don't seem accurate here. The spawn here is fairly accurate so the available amount to stable should be accurate. The # of players is irrelevant and not necessarily proportional to the # of tamed animals.
Last edited by dren on Thu Sep 15, 2011 2:33 am, edited 2 times in total.
Fit: Alderman, Merchants of Britannia: Proudly serving UOSA for more than 160 Sosarian years.

Ronk
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Ronk »

dren wrote:
Boondock_Saint wrote:If that whole limited pet issue was after this era, then there is no grounds for implementing it.
Agreed.

Still though the stable amount maxes don't seem accurate here. The spawn here is fairly accurate so the available amount to stable should be accurate. The # of players is irrelevant and not necessarily proportional to the # of tamed animals.
Thats not exactly true.

In real T2A, there were thousands of people. So on one person would have been able to easily tame 40 dragons, let alone get 40 dragon slots. In addition, this many people would have created a continual revolving decay of animals. Meaning its far more likely that, at any given time, a pet would decay out of the stable and provide an open slot for a new person.

Here, you have a few people who have tons of pets. And they put a lot of effort into refreshing these pets. Thus the stables are full and you don't have 1000's of people who may make a mistake and forget about a pet. Not to mention its far easier to acquire these pets due to population (and invalid spawn).
------------------
The Bloodrock Orcs - http://www.bloodrock.org
Historic Bloodrock

dren
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by dren »

Ronk wrote: Here, you have a few people who have tons of pets. And they put a lot of effort into refreshing these pets. Thus the stables are full and you don't have 1000's of people who may make a mistake and forget about a pet. Not to mention its far easier to acquire these pets due to population (and invalid spawn).
If there's invalid spawn it should be brought up in the era accuracy area so it can be properly addressed.
Fit: Alderman, Merchants of Britannia: Proudly serving UOSA for more than 160 Sosarian years.

Ronk
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Ronk »

dren wrote:
Ronk wrote: Here, you have a few people who have tons of pets. And they put a lot of effort into refreshing these pets. Thus the stables are full and you don't have 1000's of people who may make a mistake and forget about a pet. Not to mention its far easier to acquire these pets due to population (and invalid spawn).
If there's invalid spawn it should be brought up in the era accuracy area so it can be properly addressed.
It has been
------------------
The Bloodrock Orcs - http://www.bloodrock.org
Historic Bloodrock

dren
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by dren »

Suggestion: These stable threads should all be merged into one thread. Tired of seeing so many suggestion/era accuracy threads about stables. Honestly. If people are going to fill up the stable amounts that staff feels are appropriate for this server people should just deal with it. Not to recant my previous statement, but limits on stables are still an era accurate part of the game regardless of server pop, amount of spawns, or what they're set to exactly. If the amounts aren't exactly accurate chances are due to reasons stated previously they will get filled up again anyways.

GuardianKnight
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by GuardianKnight »

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=33178&p=294378#p294378

Operation stable giveaway.

Use it or stop updating this thread and live in shame for wasting people's time.
"I used to be with it, but then they changed what it was. Now what I'm with isn't it, and what's it seems weird and scary to me, and it'll happen to you, too." Grandpa Simpson