[Pls Delete thread, thanks]

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
testuseraccount
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

[Pls Delete thread, thanks]

Post by testuseraccount »

Due to a general lack of interest and community participation, these files have been revoked. Better things to do with the webspace taken.

Pls Delete Thread.

Thank you.
Last edited by testuseraccount on Mon Sep 19, 2011 3:18 pm, edited 8 times in total.

Kaivan
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Era Accurate Midi Renditions (.wav files)

Post by Kaivan »

If you would like something hosted for replacement on UOSA, please send the file to Derrick and he'll host it.
UOSA Historian and former staff member: August 11, 2008 - June 19, 2016

Useful links for researching T2A Mechanics

Stratics - UO Latest Updates - Newsgroup 1 - Noctalis - UO98.org

testuseraccount
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Last edited by testuseraccount on Mon Sep 19, 2011 3:14 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Stuck
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Stuck »

testuseraccount wrote:Was it against the rules to post this? Otherwise, I would like to know why the link was removed from my original post?

Surely its just a matter/manner of taste concerning such a thing.

Alot of users like the modern renditions because it gives the appearance of growth/evolution of the game itself and also gives it a more mature feel, whereas this being the uncorrupted "pure" rendition of the music (without the years of emotional inflating) gives a lighter, less substantial feel. Those who are heavily emotionally invested in UO will probably not enjoy this rendition as much as the ones included in the Installer itself.
How large was the attachment? I'm not sure this is meant to be a static file server.

testuseraccount
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Last edited by testuseraccount on Mon Sep 19, 2011 3:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

randale

Post by randale »

testuseraccount wrote:Made as a 'drop-in' replacement for the UOSA client music files. Just extract the contents into your Ultima Online music folder and you should be good to go.

Enjoy.

*note, if you notice a sound issue while the swamp music is playing, please re-download this file; my apologies for the over-sight.
I'm confused, I don't see anything to download attached to your post if that's what you are saying. I'm looking for the era specific music and sound effects myself, I'd like to have them.

Corbin

Post by Corbin »

I've been remodeling the original UO midi music for years. Maybe one day I'll get around to posting a few of them.
Pacific (98-02) - Mystic of FL
Catskills (03-08) - Roo Avery of VIT, T^B
UOSA - Amos Trask/Roo Avery of WTC

testuseraccount
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

I thought Kaivan removed my link, sorry If I was wrong and it just dissapeared somehow.

Its *only* the music, I don't think the sound effects have changed at all much over the years.

Cheers.
Last edited by testuseraccount on Fri Sep 09, 2011 1:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

randale

Post by randale »

testuseraccount wrote:I thought Kaivan removed my link, sorry If I was wrong and it just dissapeared somehow.

I will PM anyone who's interested, the link (ive already Pmed randale)

Its *only* the music, I don't think the sound effects have changed at all much over the years.

Cheers.
They are mp3s, but they definitely have the sound quality of wav's. I remember them being slightly better, oh well.

testuseraccount
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Last edited by testuseraccount on Mon Sep 19, 2011 3:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

randale

Post by randale »

testuseraccount wrote:Oops, yep; my mistake about that. They really are .mp3 files! ugh, quite an oversight.

Now that you've brought that up, I can see I clearly made a mistake in my encoding methodology (they are the same quality of the samples on the card, but mp3 might still add a layer of degredation). I will check and see if I still have the originals and get back to you.

Cheers for the feedback.
Actually, I'm not hearing them. I have the Mondain's Legacy client. The directory I have put the MP3's in is C:\Program Files\EA Games\Ultima Online Mondain's Legacy\Music\Digital

There's is also a directory of C:\Program Files\EA Games\Ultima Online 2D Client\Music\Digital, which contains a 4 music files, I had the old Mondain's legacy files in the first directory I mentioned and they worked fine. I don't know what triggers them to play, other than being in the appropriate place, eg- Britain for Britain music.

testuseraccount
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Re: Era Accurate Midi Renditions (.mp3 files)

Last edited by testuseraccount on Mon Sep 19, 2011 3:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

randale

Post by randale »

testuseraccount wrote:They are a drop-in replacement for the UOSA client, I dont know if they work with any of the official clients/etc.
Yeah, I don't get any music at all, so I'll probably put the ML client ones back

randale

Post by randale »

SA, what is that client? I know that with Mondain's legacy you're not supposed to let it patch past a certain point or you will have problems.

testuseraccount
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Last edited by testuseraccount on Mon Sep 19, 2011 3:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.