Restricting Ridable Llamas and Ostards to T2A.

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
GuardianKnight
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Restricting Ridable Llamas and Ostards to T2A.

Post by GuardianKnight »

I was just quoting it from Braden's quote from the main post, it's in his list.
"I used to be with it, but then they changed what it was. Now what I'm with isn't it, and what's it seems weird and scary to me, and it'll happen to you, too." Grandpa Simpson

Dagon

Post by Dagon »

Changes to T2A/ Britannia transportation
UO Team
04 Dec 2000 00:00:00 EST

The current travel restrictions that exist between T2A (Second Age lands) and Britannia (Old Lands) will be lifted in the following manner:

Players will be able to recall and gate between the Lost Lands (T2A) and Britannia.
Passageways and connection points between the Lost Lands and Britannia will be open to tamed creature travel.
Players will be able to use stablemasters in both areas with T2A or Britannian creatures. Players will be able to remove Lost Lands creatures from the stables while being within the Britannian lands, and vice versa.
Players will be able to ride a mounted ostard or rideable llama across Lost Land/Britannian access points.
Allow for rideable llamas to be mounted in the Old Lands (Britannia).

Pirul

Post by Pirul »

Dagon wrote:Changes to T2A/ Britannia transportation
UO Team
04 Dec 2000 00:00:00 EST

The current travel restrictions that exist between T2A (Second Age lands) and Britannia (Old Lands) will be lifted in the following manner:

Players will be able to recall and gate between the Lost Lands (T2A) and Britannia.
Passageways and connection points between the Lost Lands and Britannia will be open to tamed creature travel.
Players will be able to use stablemasters in both areas with T2A or Britannian creatures. Players will be able to remove Lost Lands creatures from the stables while being within the Britannian lands, and vice versa.
Players will be able to ride a mounted ostard or rideable llama across Lost Land/Britannian access points.
Allow for rideable llamas to be mounted in the Old Lands (Britannia).
This would be great, but why is it relevant? It's outside our time-frame, IIRC.
<ian> 2 chicks making out are not gay

Dagon

Post by Dagon »

Pirul wrote:This would be great, but why is it relevant? It's outside our time-frame, IIRC.
Are you serious? Why don't you try reading a little bit more other than just the last post.
Derrick wrote:
GuardianKnight wrote:"Players will be able to use stable masters in both areas with T2A or Britannian creatures. Players will be able to remove Lost Lands creatures from the stables while being within the Britannian lands, and vice versa. "
Can you please attribute this quotation? I haven't a clue where this was taken from.

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Thanks. I didn't read all 10 pages either which is why i missed the context of this quote. This indicates that stable masters in Britannia wouldn't stable Lost Lands creatures prior to Dec 2000 which is somewhat surprising to me, but certainly possible.
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."

tekai
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by tekai »

I'm almost positive Wyrms and Nightmares were not the same as laamas and ostards, due to them using the same graphics as horses and dragons they did not follow this rule
[broken image]

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by MatronDeWinter »

tekai wrote:I'm almost positive Wyrms and Nightmares were not the same as laamas and ostards, due to them using the same graphics as horses and dragons they did not follow this rule
Wyrms appeared rainbow colored black because the non-t2a client had a different hue.mul or w/e. You are definately wrong here.

nightshark
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by nightshark »

Is there any plan to further restrict travel of pets/mounts between Old Land and T2A?

With the latest mount patch, it makes sense that only horses should be allowed in the Old Land. The current implementation never existed on OSI, you could never just take pets through the T2A passages excluding the moonglow teleporter. The only way to get them through required bug abuse, and even then the pets would be deleted by the next GM who was informed of it.

It was changed in Dec 2000 to allow all pets to travel through any entry/exit point (previously none were). We have a hybrid feature that never existed ;/
<green> grats pink and co. .... the 3 of you f---ing scrubs together can blow up a bard. IMPRESSIVE

Faust

Post by Faust »

nightshark wrote:and even then the pets would be deleted by the next GM who was informed of it.
No, not necessarily.

This issue much like macroing was based on one GM to the next and not every single one would force you to get rid of it.

nightshark
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by nightshark »

Faust wrote:
nightshark wrote:and even then the pets would be deleted by the next GM who was informed of it.
No, not necessarily.

This issue much like macroing was based on one GM to the next and not every single one would force you to get rid of it.
Well, it was pretty evident as someone who never owned the T2A CD (until Dec 2000 when they mailed me a free copy), that abusing that bug would get your pet deleted. I rarely saw people riding invisible mounts and not sure if I ever saw a "black rainbow coloured dragon".

Either way, the current implementation never existed.
<green> grats pink and co. .... the 3 of you f---ing scrubs together can blow up a bard. IMPRESSIVE

Faust

Post by Faust »

Deleting the creatures in the early days was rampant... but towards mid-late t2a it wasn't much of an issue and rarely happened.

At least this was the case on my shard, Baja.

Obi over at http://www.lordsofdeath.com would run with a llama through out the entire time period.

The llama and the deer mask sort of became his signature.

nightshark
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by nightshark »

That still doesn't change the fact that the current implementation never existed. Although allowing mounts may have been a "policy" (and in my experience, I rarely saw floating characters), the mechanic itself is totally inaccurate.

You couldn't just walk a pet through the T2A entrance/exits. You would get auto-booted from mounts upon crossing the entrance/exit points and pets wouldn't follow you. I don't even know how people got mounts through. Here you can just walk right through and all your pets will go with you.

Faust

Post by Faust »

People brought pets to and from t2a by using green acres as a hub.

I agree that the current setup for this sort of transportation isn't accurate though.

Joueur Moyen

Post by Joueur Moyen »

Derrick wrote:I'm considering removing the stuck menu. The stuck menu was put in place of course to ease the load on staff, so that players who really were physically stuck, which does happen due mostly to client version problems, could help themselves. Removing this would put an additional burden on us as staff when we are on, and make it impossible for truly stuck players without magery to unstick their characters when we are not on. This would however have the benefit of bringing back the true era despair of being totally stuck on an island with no way off but to get another character and buy a boat.
I agree, but then I consider using the Help Stuck feature to escape game play situations to be lame.

Joueur Moyen

Post by Joueur Moyen »

Faust wrote:
No, not necessarily.

So if you implement the bug to get them over from the lost lands, then implement a random chance of deletion of said creature. :/

(Make it easier on GMs.)