Stables Full.... still

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
avpr87

Stables Full.... still

Post by avpr87 »

i know this has been brought up b4 but its obviously still an issue, im noticing people claiming there pets and have like 10 cats 20 dogs cows, bulls . surely there has got to be a limit, i havent been able to stable my pure for at least 3 days now and its the only pet i got,surely a 20 pet limit would be ample enough for everyone or somthing similar. i know ppl gunna moan era accuracy era accuracy, but surely theres got to be a limit

Ronk
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Stables Full.... still

Post by Ronk »

I feel for the tamers. Though also for all the people who feel like this is a broken record.

In my opinion, the causes of this are:
1. The low population. A few active people can fill all of the stables and stay active enough to continually fill them. On a true OSI shard with thousands of players, no single player would have ever been able to easily get so many stable slots and there would have been a much large player base 'forgetting pets' that would decay away at any given time.

2. The low population II. With so people, it is far too easy to acquire dragons and mares. There isn't enough competition and not enough risk. As thus, many people have 40-50 dragons/white wyrms. This wasn't an era accurate thing (at least ive yet to see evidence of someone having 50 wyrms in era).

3. Incorrect Spawns. For single creature spawns (mare, dragons, etc), unless the creature (Tamed or otherwise) was taken to a different sub server, a new one wouldn't spawn. As such, if I tamed a mare and stabled him in delucia...a new mare wouldn't spawn. There is a little more to it, but these era accurate spawn rates are not duplicated here...in part because we don't have our server broken into sub servers. As such, animals spawn far faster than they should and this creates more 40-50 pet farms.

4. A lack of stable slots. Yes, a lack of stable slots causes a lack of stable spots. With people complaining so much, it makes it profitable to horde slots. As such, if I go hunt with my 50 dragons im going to replace them with rats. Then if 20 dragons die, im going to keep holding those rats until I can replace them with new dragons.

I would be willing to bet, if we ghosted every stable and watched them for a week or two...that you'd find the majority of stable slots are being held by tamers...not griefers.

I also do feel that a 5 pet cap per account would help solve the problem and era inaccuracies...at least until they can all be fixed correctly.

As always, id love for someone to find proof that people in T2A had 40-50 dragons out at a time roaming around. Just because I never saw it on great lakes doesn't necessarily mean it didnt' happen...but i never saw it.
------------------
The Bloodrock Orcs - http://www.bloodrock.org
Historic Bloodrock

avpr87

Post by avpr87 »

thanks for your reply ronk, im not even a tamer, i do understand tha the tamers need spots an i agree with alot of your points, its jus very annoying when i cant stable one single pet, i wouldnt even buy a slot either cos i know the next time i take it out ill probably lose it to a cat being stabled or sumin

Troobadix

Post by Troobadix »

same here avpr.
I would never buy a spot. I am a tamer myself with exactly 1 backup Ostie and 2 Dragons. Do not need more, only once ever had more. This is starting to get annoying more and more. Limited stable slots per player or account or whatever would seem a good idea. Although I do not know the current limit.

It might have been fun a few days or weeks or whatever .. but this is getting old. And I still do not get why some people actually do this.

Can only try to reason with people .. what benefit is it to you having 103020930203 dragons in a stable as well as blocking people from stabling any pet at all.
Some alteration to the mechanics of this might be in order imo :-)

Sandro

Post by Sandro »

Ronk wrote:As always, id love for someone to find proof that people in T2A had 40-50 dragons out at a time roaming around. Just because I never saw it on great lakes doesn't necessarily mean it didnt' happen...but i never saw it.
You can't keep comparing the way people play on this shard, to how people played during 1999 on production servers.

The simple fact that we've had 10+ years of experience to learn the best way to gain skills, macro efficiently, amongst other things completely throws that debate out the window. Add razor into that + plenty of time to learn how to properly create and manage macros add a whole new twist to the game.

You cannot compare 1999 gameplay to 2011 gameplay, period.
[14:17] <UOSAPlayer4056> cr3w guild is a joke. Ran by staff members, multi client pking, this shards a joke and a half.
Blaise wrote:Man, you guys are really stepping up your game now that you're not living in the shadow of cr3w

Pirul

Post by Pirul »

Sandro wrote:
Ronk wrote:As always, id love for someone to find proof that people in T2A had 40-50 dragons out at a time roaming around. Just because I never saw it on great lakes doesn't necessarily mean it didnt' happen...but i never saw it.
You can't keep comparing the way people play on this shard, to how people played during 1999 on production servers.

The simple fact that we've had 10+ years of experience to learn the best way to gain skills, macro efficiently, amongst other things completely throws that debate out the window. Add razor into that + plenty of time to learn how to properly create and manage macros add a whole new twist to the game.

You cannot compare 1999 gameplay to 2011 gameplay, period.
Not to mention that this shard has been running for far longer than the t2a period in production shards.
<ian> 2 chicks making out are not gay

avpr87

Post by avpr87 »

well i hope they do something cos i cant stable my pet and this is the fourth day now, lil bit ridiculous, im logging on an off about 30 times a day to see if i can stable it an no go,really tiring

LudKrud

Post by LudKrud »

Make sure you check ALL the stables....

Naljier

Post by Naljier »

LudKrud wrote:Make sure you check ALL the stables....
won't matter

Ronk
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Ronk »

There are stable slots/dragons for sale in the trade forum. Buy some and your stable problems are solved.
------------------
The Bloodrock Orcs - http://www.bloodrock.org
Historic Bloodrock

iamreallysquall

Post by iamreallysquall »

i agree with most of what ronk says
except "I also do feel that a 5 pet cap per account would help solve the problem and era inaccuracies...at least until they can all be fixed correctly." due to it being NEA
sandro and pirul speak the truth as well.
as a non tamer what 1 pet is so damn important you want to stable it ? a pack animal? if so lol just get a slot and when your aren't using it keep a holder animal like everyone else is.
<mistercherry> i bet ide beat yer asss in scrabble
<Atraxi> as soon as i find the noobs i stole from
<Jamison> lelouche your taunts will be your downfall

avpr87

Post by avpr87 »

its my pure, thats all i wanted to stable, i managed to do it after server restart so problem solved for now

Adunaphel

Post by Adunaphel »

Any mount can be "stabled" by friending it to an alt and having the alt log out while mounted.

avpr87

Post by avpr87 »

can i friend a pure to someone if im not a tamer? i thought i couldnt command a pure witout taming?

Adunaphel

Post by Adunaphel »

Ah, I figured that you were a tamer. In that case, I'm not really sure if it can be done or not...