Stables Full.... still

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
Faust

Re: Stables Full.... still

Post by Faust »

Will take some time to chime in on this on-going multiple threaded discussions.

There is one known fact that needs to be pointed out here and that is stables/stabling is currently inaccurate. Stabling pets is based on the stable instead of the stablemaster which is how it worked during t2a. This known fact may possibly be contributing to this current problem right now and this will be explain below.

The first question that needs to be raised is... how many pets can currently be stabled at one particular stable right now?

Stablemasters had a limit of 100 pets that he/she could stable. Stables would typically have anywhere from 1-3 stablemasters with in the stables itself.

Blocking/hoarding stables is most certainly era accurate and should not be the question or concern being raised here. However, the method of stabling and the stables itself definitely should since we know it's not era accurate at the moment and it could help increase the amount of pets that can be stabled and/or make it much more difficult to block/hoard the stables in the first place. For example, the stable right now could simply have a limit of 100 pets per stable right now. However, if it was correct and made era accurate a stable could boost that limit to 100-300 or more depending on the amount of stablemasters stationed at the location.

avpr87

Post by avpr87 »

i think with the current situation u could put 8 stablemasters in there an still ppl would abuse it,thats why i think a limit should be made of like 10 pets per char, which should be ample

iamreallysquall

Post by iamreallysquall »

avpr87 wrote:i think with the current situation u could put 8 stablemasters in there an still ppl would abuse it,thats why i think a limit should be made of like 10 pets per char, which should be ample
not era accurate
and some stables do have multiple stable masters in it faust
<mistercherry> i bet ide beat yer asss in scrabble
<Atraxi> as soon as i find the noobs i stole from
<Jamison> lelouche your taunts will be your downfall

Faust

Post by Faust »

iamreallysquall wrote:and some stables do have multiple stable masters in it faust
That was not my point squall.

Stables are not era accurate right now and stabling is based on per stable, not stablemaster like it was during the second age.

Does not matter how many stablemasters are stationed at a stable right now. The limit is still static based on the stable instead of the stablemasters.

avpr87 wrote:i think with the current situation u could put 8 stablemasters in there an still ppl would abuse it,thats why i think a limit should be made of like 10 pets per char, which should be ample
Blocking/hoarding abuse of stables is era accurate and that can/will not change with the addition of an era inaccurate mechanic like 10 pets per character.

If the system is fixed based on the way it actually worked during t2a it would possibly help with the situation right now. Stablemasters working based on the correct era accurate mechanics the more effort it takes to refresh those hoarding pets and the more gold being exausted from the shard creating a larger gold sink on top of it.

avpr87

Re: Stables Full.... still.... Staff Response?

Post by avpr87 »

ok so when i made this post i wasnt actually a tamer so i only needed one spot for my pure,which was hard enough lol. but since then i have been working on a tamer and eventually got him to gm, YAY! the problem im facing now is, u guessed it, when i manage to tame a dragon, where can i put it? do the staff plan on looking into the stable issue or isit set to stay the way it is?

Just wondering.

Kaivan
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kaivan »

Unfortunately, stable masters are not going to see any change to the number of pets that they can hold, nor will there be any limitations placed on the number of pets that a player can have stabled. For better or for worse, stable masters are functioning correctly in terms of pet limitations.
UOSA Historian and former staff member: August 11, 2008 - June 19, 2016

Useful links for researching T2A Mechanics

Stratics - UO Latest Updates - Newsgroup 1 - Noctalis - UO98.org

avpr87

Post by avpr87 »

ah ok, thanks for the reply kaivan

Ragancy
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Ragancy »

It's a good sign that there's a stable blockade. Not joking.

avpr87

Post by avpr87 »

in what way ragancy

Ragancy
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Ragancy »

Think about it...

You have to get your spots and hold onto them. It's not just just a given...why should it be??? It's more accurate and more fun.

Anyone who is calling stable blockading a bad thing is either dumb or lazy.

LudKrud

Post by LudKrud »

I dont mind stable blockading,but I do have a problem with working within the ruleset to get your spots,and when you refresh your pets with no-one around you lose 5 or 6 spots.

I worked hard and paid good money over the months for those spots,why did I lose them?
Happened this morning again....

Mazuhito

Post by Mazuhito »

It has come to my attention that this issue is not simply going to go away. The staff is reluctant to do anything about it because in their minds it is era accurate and in no need of fixing. I believe this is wrong. It's been said maybe a hundred times over and over again in this forum "2011 UOSA gameplay CANNOT be compaired to 1998-99 OSI gameplay. To me the question is, can an "era accurate" system function properly and in the manner in which will be benificial to players who use a completely different playstyle than the evironment in which they were developed for? OR. Is there a way we can "bend the mechanics" so that not only will the problem be solved, but solved in a manner that is benifical to EVERYONE,instead of those who have simply played longer or have more time on their hands. Not everyone can sit at a stable for 6 hours to wait for someone to free up a slot so they can stable their pets, and buying up stable slots from others is a joke, they can ask for whatever they want for it because they know you need it.

On another note, that kinda goes under the same underlying problem. I feel that the staff is overly bent on making things "era accurate" and in doing so has nerfed many "playable classes" such as, but not limited to: archers,dexors/warriors, and assassin/poisoners.
Is it the intention of staff to continue to nerf everything till the playerbase is forced into playing the same character type i.e. (tank mage) (hally mage) (pure mage)? The things that made this era so great was the diversity to playable styles, and not running into a bloody mage everywhere you went. Yes sure mages existed in era, but they were not the only one's around, and other classes need to be given consideration as well.

At any rate i'm sure your tired from readin my rants. I just wanted to throw everything on the table so that it can be properly examined, discussed and then possibly voted on, and dealt with.

(p.s.) My post count DOES NOT directly relate to my playing experience. Just like most people here I have a considerable amount of playtime under my belt.
まずひと

archaicsubrosa77
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by archaicsubrosa77 »

Instead of a pet limit, could have a limit to how many pets a single player/account can stable at any given location.
Derrick wrote:I wish it were possible that a mount could be whacked while you are riding it, but to the best of my knowedge it is not.

Ragancy
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Ragancy »

Is there a way we can "bend the mechanics" so that not only will the problem be solved, but solved in a manner that is benifical to EVERYONE
Not possible. You make something fair to the point where you can't grief it then the griefers won't be happy. You can't make everyone happy. As you said the gameplay is different now than 10 years ago but the mechanics are the foundation for accuracy, not gameplay (which can't be the same as it was for many reasons).

Ronk
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Ronk »

The fundamental problem is that you can't have era accuracy without thousands of players. As thus, many different aspects of UO will be very different than 'remembered'. Unless there is a policy change, people will just have to deal with these things.
------------------
The Bloodrock Orcs - http://www.bloodrock.org
Historic Bloodrock