poison spell?

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
BlackLeaf

Re: poison spell?

Post by BlackLeaf »

weird that it is lvl4 and not 3.i cant say i remember this,but who knows?
btw now there are lots of clues about the fact that poison level can vary
"The single most important PVP spell,however,is Recall."
-T2A official strategy guide

BlackLeaf

Post by BlackLeaf »

and then there is this

Malaikat

Post by Malaikat »

Sandro wrote:It was not uncommon for a mage to occasionally cast a greater poison spell, but I am fairly certain it was scaled based on resist, and even at 0 resist it was a small chance to do so. I know that it was not until UO:R that you could deadly poison with the spell, and even then it was scaled based on distance from caster to target.
And it scaled with the caster's poisoning skill.
Save yourself the shame and embarrassment and just assume that if you can't understand me...you're the one who's retarded.
Budner wrote:Your sig lets everyone know what an arrogant prick you are.

Mikel123
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Mikel123 »

BlackLeaf wrote:and then there is this
Interestingly, that page also claims that EQ does a flat 20 damage to everything, and Meteor Swarm can do up to 80 damage. Also says Energy Field lasts 2 full minutes.

Sandro

Post by Sandro »

That page is obviously just input from a single player and his opinions on how good/bad certain spells are. He lists mind-blast as a completely useless spell, which in fact it is quite the opposite. He also writes something as absurd as this..
Strength • / Bad If you cast strength on a blacksmith he has a higher chance of creating exceptional quality items. This spell has roughly the same effect as drinking a greater strength potion, but costs considerably less.
How is this link even credible?
[14:17] <UOSAPlayer4056> cr3w guild is a joke. Ran by staff members, multi client pking, this shards a joke and a half.
Blaise wrote:Man, you guys are really stepping up your game now that you're not living in the shadow of cr3w

BlackLeaf

Post by BlackLeaf »

anyways from that page you can go back to november 1999,and read:
Poison: Poisons target and drops HP. Varying potential.
wich is my point from the beginning

BlackLeaf

Post by BlackLeaf »

Sandro wrote:Strength • / Bad If you cast strength on a blacksmith he has a higher chance of creating exceptional quality items. This spell has roughly the same effect as drinking a greater strength potion, but costs considerably less.
if he is not gm the stat bonus kicks in

anyhow,the point is that crossing the sources,they all points towards the possibility to cast higher level

Mikel123
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Mikel123 »

Sandro wrote:That page is obviously just input from a single player and his opinions on how good/bad certain spells are. He lists mind-blast as a completely useless spell, which in fact it is quite the opposite.
It is not useless on our shard... I too am of the memory that it was useless in 1999 though.

Here's Faust's compilation of Mind Blast info from a while back:
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=5696&p=46052&hilit= ... ast#p46052

Sandro

Post by Sandro »

Mind-blast works the way it should.

The "over-powered" mind-blast spell didn't come until UO:R, when the formula for damage changed & also when most dexxers had 25 int & 100 dex.

You feeble the dexxer, and the difference is now 86 between his stats. Mind-blast damage = 40+ almost everytime.

It was easily avoided by properly adjusting your stats, and that can also be done on this shard, just with T2A mechanics. I have mind-blast protection on all my dexxers.
[14:17] <UOSAPlayer4056> cr3w guild is a joke. Ran by staff members, multi client pking, this shards a joke and a half.
Blaise wrote:Man, you guys are really stepping up your game now that you're not living in the shadow of cr3w

Mikel123
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Mikel123 »

Sandro wrote:Mind-blast works the way it should.
Source?

Sandro

Post by Sandro »

Don't have one but I am pretty certain that it is well documented that T2A MB was Caster's Intelligence vs. Target's Intelligence. Player with lowest value receives damage, and damaged is calculated varied on eval/resist etc.

Feel free to prove me wrong, I would be interested to see any other formula you could come up with regards to mind-blast.

Mikel123
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Mikel123 »

I agree that it was documented as that. But my memory is that in practice, it did nothing. A couple of Faust's quotes refer to it in that manner too. Which is a shame, because it's a wildly useful spell here.

Ronk
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Ronk »

Mikel123 wrote:I agree that it was documented as that. But my memory is that in practice, it did nothing. A couple of Faust's quotes refer to it in that manner too. Which is a shame, because it's a wildly useful spell here.
I recall this as well. No one ever used it, and any time I did it seemed to have zero effect.
------------------
The Bloodrock Orcs - http://www.bloodrock.org
Historic Bloodrock

nightshark
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by nightshark »

MB was just an unused spell in T2A. Don't recall it doing any damage to anything. Stratics lists it as a garbage spell during T2A also.
October 1998
Unfortunately, Mind Blast has never worked the way it was intended to.
I've never seen it do more than 2 or 3 points damage.
Also October 1998
Any time people start using a spell to get
loot, either the spell is neutered or the loot is reduced.

OSI QUIT SCREWING WITH IT!! You've got to have some offensive spell
capabilities other than 'Corp Por'. I don't pk, but the crybaby tailors
have neutered any spell with a kick.

List of Castrated, formerly useful spells, add your favorite:

Fireball
Harm
Reactive Armor
Summon Elemental
Summon Anything
Energy Vortex
Blades Spirits
Explosion
Energy Field
Mind blast
Mana Vampire
Feb 1999
(re: Magery Proposal) Lightning is bumped up to 5th level, as that circle has no worthwhile
offensive capacity (mind blast being utterly useless).
Jan 2000
That's the problem with those spells. I've always viewed them as
"dangerous magic". They're overpowered for their circle (compared
to direct damage), but their downside is that they tend to go
awry. Kinda like mind blast (back when it worked) ... yeah it did
good damage, but it could sting you too.
There is not much about mindblast between early 1998 and of course it comes back into discussion after the UO:R patch.
<green> grats pink and co. .... the 3 of you f---ing scrubs together can blow up a bard. IMPRESSIVE

Faust

Post by Faust »

Demo code for mindblast...

int damage = (Casters Int - Targets Int) / 4;