Era accuracy notes:

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
PhoenixStarr

Era accuracy notes:

Post by PhoenixStarr »

Hire-able npc thiefs should also spawn with kryss's (4 mainly spawned in Ocollo and 1 or 2 randomly in all other towns)
Their corpses should also contain their items. -for some reason when some npc thiefs are hired and killed all of their clothing/shoes ect dissapear except a small amount of gold.

Dragons and drakes should be spawning in the lowest level of dungeon despise.

Characters should not be able to run across thin bushes in woods instead get stuck and have to run around them.**(makes running from a pk a better chance).

Horses stamina should be refreshed after 10 seconds of standing still.

Books given to new characters should be able to be traded and edited by any one.

Lord british's castle gates should close at specific times of the night and lord british should not be in the game.

Trees infront of lord british's castle should not respawn fruit as fast. (very slow respawn)

Recall spell delay is 1 second or 2 seconds too long.

Casting [blade spirits] should be 12 seconds and castling Summon Daemon should be 16 seconds.

Magic resists should be going up faster than it is currently in game.
- Bone magis in deciet should be able to raise your magic resists to 75 and water eles should be able to raise your magic resists to 85. Wisps should be able to move resists to 100. (all fairly quickly)

Animal taming skill does not gain like it used to and gains slower than it should.

Cougars. panthers, and polar bears should be aggressive towards humans.

Item identification wands should be more common on liches, lich lords and all creatures that drop wands ect.

Boats should not be able to move when someone living is standing on the plank.

Copied boat keys should be recallable.

Killing a town guard leaves the items on the corpse.

Monster tent spawns only spawn 1 chest box.

NPC Guard towers should actually give guards protection

fox_phyre
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Era accuracy notes:

Post by fox_phyre »

Proof please. Not that I don't trust some random person on the internet but...
Visit my shop in Yew! First house west of Yew Moongate, always stocked!
viewtopic.php?f=33&t=64975

iamreallysquall

Post by iamreallysquall »

Casting [blade spirits] should be 12 seconds
it currently is

in regards to npc corpses their was another discussion on these boards about it

Recall spell delay is 1 second or 2 seconds too long.
pretty sure it is right now

Item identification wands should be more common on liches, lich lords and all creatures that drop wands ect.
they are fairly common

Copied boat keys should be recallable.

pretty sure evidence was found fairly recently (a patch or so back)proving this wrong hence why they are no longer recallable

Magic resists should be going up faster than it is currently in game.
- Bone magis in deciet should be able to raise your magic resists to 75 and water eles should be able to raise your magic resists to 85. Wisps should be able to move resists to 100. (all fairly quickly)
whats your source on this infact in t2a not nearly as many people were running around with gm resist and its fairly easy to gm the skill here using a few methods

Boats should not be able to move when someone living is standing on the plank.
Killing a town guard leaves the items on the corpse.
NPC Guard towers should actually give guards protection
sources on any of the above or "what you remember" which is not really worth anything

Animal taming skill does not gain like it used to and gains slower than it should.
really i don't remember many people gming taming in 7 days in era

Cougars. panthers, and polar bears should be aggressive towards humans.
possibly but we need sources

Dragons and drakes should be spawning in the lowest level of dungeon despise.
Characters should not be able to run across thin bushes in woods instead get stuck and have to run around them.**(makes running from a pk a better chance).
don't recall either of these at all to be the case

Horses stamina should be refreshed after 10 seconds of standing still.
all follow me bug in era refreshes it in 1 second

Lord british's castle gates should close at specific times of the night and lord british should not be in the game.
gates i don't recall and the npc can be their whats the difference has zero mechanical effect on the game infact he offers a quest that's related to the shard

Books given to new characters should be able to be traded and edited by any one.
pretty sure i traded one of these to my alt and have edited it unless somethings changed recently =\ use to keep notes on people in them
<mistercherry> i bet ide beat yer asss in scrabble
<Atraxi> as soon as i find the noobs i stole from
<Jamison> lelouche your taunts will be your downfall

Sandro

Post by Sandro »

brambles did cause "rubberbanding" but i believe theres a specific reason why it doesn't work that way here, but im not sure what that is at the moment..

not all brambles but about 40-50% of them would cause knock-back or "rubberbanding"
[14:17] <UOSAPlayer4056> cr3w guild is a joke. Ran by staff members, multi client pking, this shards a joke and a half.
Blaise wrote:Man, you guys are really stepping up your game now that you're not living in the shadow of cr3w

Tiwstacain

Post by Tiwstacain »

I specifically remember the guards not dropping anything when they were killed.

TC

BlackFoot
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by BlackFoot »

all the guard i killed on osi dropped npc plate and a halberd

using the ev bug (guards just let them kill them in town). Cast ev outside of occlo and drag it to a guard
<IronfistMax> tell me where you are in game, and ill come thank you personally
Mad_Max: blackfoot you sent everyone to a slaughter
<Derrick> We will not negotiate with terrorists.
UOSA Society of Adventure and History [UoH]

Tiwstacain

Post by Tiwstacain »

where the t2a entrance by minoc is there was a guard zone at one point, and we would put a boat there and ev off the boat at the guard and boom dead guard. We never got a single thing though.

TC

Charla

Post by Charla »

I agree about the animal taming and would like to add that animals once tamed and released or gone wild, should not drop

back to zero. Characters with no taming can tame them. I don't believe that is era accurate.

I remember spending hours on Dagger Island with a friend. At some point in taming skill, had to re-tame white wolves which

had been tamed and released. My friend and I would take turns being the first one to tame the wolf. etc

Re-taming a once tamed animal was a bit harder, thus at different skill levels had to re-tame to gain.

Thanks

Westra

GleepGlop

Post by GleepGlop »

Some of the tents spawn 2, in the lower left (normal one) and top right corner. The lower left container seems to be a special tchest (or level 3? I don't know much about levels) but the ones that spawn in the top right are usually around level 1's

nightshark
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by nightshark »

Charla wrote:I agree about the animal taming and would like to add that animals once tamed and released or gone wild, should not drop

back to zero. Characters with no taming can tame them. I don't believe that is era accurate.

I remember spending hours on Dagger Island with a friend. At some point in taming skill, had to re-tame white wolves which

had been tamed and released. My friend and I would take turns being the first one to tame the wolf. etc

Re-taming a once tamed animal was a bit harder, thus at different skill levels had to re-tame to gain.
You are thinking of UO:R when retaming became more difficult. This patch made it *impossible* to tame creatures with too many previous owners.

Server Publish Jan 24 2000 9:14AM CST
Taming Changes

Changes to taming animals and monsters will be made to fix some outstanding issues.
The Taming changes include the following:
The more previous owners a pet has had, the more difficult it will be for other players to tame it if it goes wild. This also means that players who were not a previous owner to the pet can tame the pet for skill gain.

Any previous owner may retame the pet regardless of their skill.
Pets that go wild will become more difficult to control. This change will affect both previous and new owners.
If line-of-site is broken during the taming process, the attempt will automatically fail.
When transferring a pet to another player, the previous owner and the new owner will now receive the proper confirmation messages.
Pets will now only guard their owner’s corpse.
Fixes for various messages with relation to pet commands. Tamers who give commands to their pets that the pet does not follow will find that their pets will go wild faster than previously
<green> grats pink and co. .... the 3 of you f---ing scrubs together can blow up a bard. IMPRESSIVE

Faust

Post by Faust »

Q: Dragons and drakes should be spawning in the lowest level of dungeon despise.
A: No they didn't.

Q: NPC Guard towers should actually give guards protection
A: The xml region code for both the t2a entrances and guard posts have already been sent to Derrick by me for era accuracy correction but are still waiting to get implemented.

Q: Cougars. panthers, and polar bears should be aggressive towards humans.
A: No they weren't.

Q: Killing a town guard leaves the items on the corpse.
A: This is definitely era accurate and widely documented.

Q: Item identification wands should be more common on liches, lich lords and all creatures that drop wands ect.
A: Magical item identification items do spawn at an increase rate here. However, this rate is most certainly inaccurate just like the whole loot table rates on the shard. This is another system that needs a complete era accurate finish.

Q: Characters should not be able to run across thin bushes in woods instead get stuck and have to run around them.**(makes running from a pk a better chance).
A: Brambles(if what you are talking about) did in fact produce a complete 'blocking' state much like walls or any other impassable objects during both the Pre:T2A and T2A eras. However, the reason they do not here is simply due in part because it was later changed with the Ultima Online client. This could be fixed server side but it would produce an era inaccurate rubberbanding effect making it 'not era accurate' either way. The only way to truly fix such an issue would be a client modification.

Q: Horses stamina should be refreshed after 10 seconds of standing still.
A: Hitpoint, stamina, and mana refresh rates are already based on the original OSI code here.

Q: Lord british's castle gates should close at specific times of the night and lord british should not be in the game.
A: There seems to be no reason why this would be the case based on the original OSI code. We can(but have not) copied all the traps, talking statues, gates, etc.. etc.. that exist with in the game.

Q: Casting [blade spirits] should be 12 seconds and castling Summon Daemon should be 16 seconds.
A: All spells that had an additional delay past the standard circle based delay used the same additional delay value. The value here has been extracted and is based on the original code if I am not mistaken. Also, resist is not based on specific creatures. The chance of a resist skill increase is only based on the amount of damage taken from a spell. This was another era accurate fixture made to this shard based on the original OSI code.

Q: Magic resists should be going up faster than it is currently in game.
A: There is no skill on this shard based on the original gain formula that OSI used here. This piece of code is still being extracted and worked on from the original code.

Mikel123
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Mikel123 »

Faust wrote: Q: Magic resists should be going up faster than it is currently in game.
A: There is no skill on this shard based on the original gain formula that OSI used here. This piece of code is still being extracted and worked on from the original code.
Interestingly, skimming through Blade's Resist Chart and my own resist results, I can confirm this. I didn't precisely mirror Blade's castings, but was pretty close. Blade actually had Resist advancing faster than Magery at the higher levels.

PhoenixStarr

Post by PhoenixStarr »

Dragons and drakes should be spawning in the bottom of despise. Spent 99% of my game time in the bottom of despise and yes I was a tamer. Studded leather armors used to also give an invisible resistance to fire. Played from beta to T2a.

The small guard tower right above trinsic used to provide guards protection. I do recall this one because i would lore pks to it and call guards on them.

Charla

Thanks

Post by Charla »

nightshark

Thanks for the clarification. Too much uo Trivia floating around my grey matter and once while it gets scrambled.

:lol:

Westra

Faust

Post by Faust »

PhoenixStarr wrote:Dragons and drakes should be spawning in the bottom of despise. Spent 99% of my game time in the bottom of despise and yes I was a tamer. Studded leather armors used to also give an invisible resistance to fire. Played from beta to T2a.
Dragons and drakes spawned there during the Pre:T2A era and were removed before our designated t2a date.

This can be confirmed in the T2A stratics web site that lists where they spawn.