Blessed Items should break from damage [continued, part II]

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
[Uhh] Eo
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Re: Blessed Items should break from damage [continued, part

Post by [Uhh] Eo »

The items are visual and provide absolutely no real benefit or advantage in game. Who gives a shit. There were plenty of mistakes and changes made resulting in grandfathered things on OSI, Derrick emulates this really well. I'm also certain that Derrick is more concerned with items that actually affect the game, rather than a small collection of hats and shoes.
nightshark wrote:Can PINK BOOTS ever be killed? Many think he's invulnerable, including myself.
SirPsychoSexy wrote:Being PKed awhile back on my bard by PINK BOOTS was one of the greatest honors I've had during my time here on UOSA.

Guerrilla

Post by Guerrilla »

Halleluyah
<DemonArkanis> hopefully ill go to hell and not have to listen to your bullshit

Soma
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Soma »

Isn't there a precedent for items obtained through silver being broken and not being retroactively fixed (Grandfathered), while their fixed counterparts exist at the same time?

Seems arbitrary to complain about this and not the 3-4 other things that were broken as a result of the silver system.

Remove GF'd items
Remove neon white hair
Fix broken phoenix armor
Fix broken ranger armor
Fix 1charge black tubs

I wouldn't mind either way, but if you're gonna use the veil of era accuracy you might as well cover the whole poop salad rather than the things you personally have a problem with.

Also hai matron
Please choose a more appropriate signature.

iamreallysquall

Post by iamreallysquall »

why does always go off into 50 directions with other discussions about Problems X Y Z. Where X , Y an Z = problems that are not p when p = the single problem relating to thread, Which is the fact that certain blessed clothing have been grandfathered an are not breaking from damage.

Example
Soma wrote:Isn't there a precedent for items obtained through silver being broken and not being retroactively fixed (Grandfathered), while their fixed counterparts exist at the same time?

Seems arbitrary to complain about this and not the 3-4 other things that were broken as a result of the silver system.

Remove GF'd items
Remove neon white hair
Fix broken phoenix armor
Fix broken ranger armor
Fix 1charge black tubs

I wouldn't mind either way, but if you're gonna use the veil of era accuracy you might as well cover the whole poop salad rather than the things you personally have a problem with.

Also hai matron
What does this have to do that because derrick said something way back when about blessed items? Now a few select people are going to hold him to this to keep their shiny crap. I have spoke to several people that own these items that really don't care if they are break or not. Issue relates to patch 140 grandfathering these items in , read here viewtopic.php?f=7&t=26471
" All previously blessed clothing is grandfathered for now as non-destroyable.
This effectively corrects a broken mechanic without violation of many previous statements both public and private by the administration that blessed items cannot be destroyed. I don't expect that this will end the debate on the destroy-ability of these grandfathered items, but this change is offered for now as at least a first step in correcting this previously inaccurate mechanic."
Time for step 2 in my opinion let them take damage.
Last edited by iamreallysquall on Thu Mar 07, 2013 6:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
<mistercherry> i bet ide beat yer asss in scrabble
<Atraxi> as soon as i find the noobs i stole from
<Jamison> lelouche your taunts will be your downfall

Soma
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Soma »

iamreallysquall wrote:why does always go off into 50 directions with other discussions about Problems X Y Z. Where X , Y an Z = problems that are not p when p = the single problem relating to thread, Which is the fact that certain blessed clothing have been grandfathered an are not breaking from damage.
Because there is a precedent

prec·e·dent
/ˈpresid(ə)nt/
Noun
An earlier event or action regarded as an example or guide to be considered in subsequent similar circumstances.

Correct me if I'm wrong but pointing out similar cases is relevant, no?

What does this have to do that because derrick said something way back when about blessed items? Now a few select people are going to hold him to this to keep their shiny crap. I have spoke to several people that own these items that really don't care if they are break or not. Issue relates to patch 140 grandfathering these items in read here viewtopic.php?f=7&t=26471 " All previously blessed clothing is grandfathered for now as non-destroyable.
This effectively corrects a broken mechanic without violation of many previous statements both public and private by the administration that blessed items cannot be destroyed. I don't expect that this will end the debate on the destroy-ability of these grandfathered items, but this change is offered for now as at least a first step in correcting this previously inaccurate mechanic.
Time for step 2 in my opinion let them take damage.
Like I said, I don't care if they break. All I want is for everything to be fixed rather than one thing that people seem to be picking on - for the sake of consistiency.

Also, hai lulu
Please choose a more appropriate signature.

Loathed

Post by Loathed »

can't fix everything at once, gonna have to get over that. but this is a easy fix- i agree, step 2 where are you!? And once this is done, we will be yet another step closer to era accurate. I don't think it should just stop with this, so don't take it that- let's continue to strive for pure accuracy! Or at least as close as we can get! :)

nothing but <3 for derrick and staff-

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by MatronDeWinter »

Loathed wrote:can't fix everything at once, gonna have to get over that. but this is a easy fix- i agree, step 2 where are you!? And once this is done, we will be yet another step closer to era accurate. I don't think it should just stop with this, so don't take it that- let's continue to strive for pure accuracy! Or at least as close as we can get! :)

nothing but <3 for derrick and staff-

Robbbb
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Robbbb »

The shard aims for accurate MECHANICS. The mechanic of blessed items breaking has been fixed, therefore, it is now accurate. The items that are not accurate are fine to remain as they do not affect the mechanics of the game.

Get over it, not gonna happen!

iamreallysquall

Post by iamreallysquall »

<mistercherry> i bet ide beat yer asss in scrabble
<Atraxi> as soon as i find the noobs i stole from
<Jamison> lelouche your taunts will be your downfall

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by MatronDeWinter »

Robbbb wrote:The shard aims for accurate MECHANICS. The mechanic of blessed items breaking has been fixed, therefore, it is now accurate. The items that are not accurate are fine to remain as they do not affect the mechanics of the game.

Get over it, not gonna happen!
No, the mechanic of blessed items breaking has not been fixed. The mechanic that governs the use of a bless deed has been fixed. Now, since you agree that blessed items breaking is in fact it's own mechanic, I am glad that you now understand why, and agree that, all of these items should be un-grandfathered.

Robbbb
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Robbbb »

MatronDeWinter wrote: No, the mechanic of blessed items breaking has not been fixed.

Incorrect. If you bless an item now it will break. The mechanic is NOW accurate. There is nothing to do about previous mistakes. This has already been stated by Derrick and if previous items are any indication then you guys might as well give up!

EXAMPLES:

The houses in the brit swamp - not deleted
reverse backpacks - not deleted
reverse hallies - not deleted
prepatch weapons - remain prepatch
prepatch potions - remain prepatch
prepatch blessed items - will forever remain prepatch.

GET OVER IT, NOT GONNA HAPPEN!

Halbu

Post by Halbu »

I'll gladly throw all my blessed gf clothing/sandals/boots into the trash bin the day that the desync problem gets fixed.

I think it's probably the worst thing about UOSA, everything else is manageable and not as game breaking or frustrating lol.

Scienter

Post by Scienter »

retrospective changes has too much of a negative effect on individuals. it wouldnt be fair or reasonable for someone to have spent his or her fortune on on an item that someone purchased with the idea that its suppose to have certain attributes that other items dont have (dont break and cant be looted). derrick made the right change so that prospectively, items do break.

looking at the title of this thread the problem is solved. blessed items do currently break.

if nothing else, its the most common ground between both parties.
Thank you,

-Scienter
"The Great One"
FT$
PM me with reflect bracelets or charged halberds!
New Vent Info:
IP:uosa.puddleboy.com
port:4490
Need a channel? Fill out the information here: http://secondage.puddleboy.com

Loathed

Post by Loathed »

robb- you sir are confused, blessed items are not currently accurate and never will be as long as grandfathered items don't adhere to the current rules of other blessed items. i.e- breakable. Grandfathered blessed items that don't break are not era accurate nor will they ever be, regardless of how much you think it doesn't affect the game/community (and it does have a large affect on the community)

but still derrick never said it was gonna stay this way (grandfathered items not breaking) read the patch notes about it. He did say it is a temporary fix, the 1st step towards becoming era accurate.

you need to understand what is said above, Derrick nor any other staff said prepatch blessed items will forever remain prepatch. Never ever, no where no how. so type in large caps as much as you want, cling onto your pixels- eventually they're gonna break. :) Thanks for continuing to produce false information about this situation.

Free bumpage for EA server changes!

yitamin

a mexican

Post by a mexican »

Loathed wrote: so type in large caps as much as you want
You mean this doesn't make his argument more legitimate?