Killing on house porch

Report any bugs you discover on the server here
STTrife

Killing on house porch

Post by STTrife »

Hello, I'm new to UOSA, but I played UO before.

Today I was 'lured' by someone who is (I think) using a bug to kill new players and loot them without being flagged as murderer. He sayd he would give me stuff but I had to stand on his porch and then when the trade window was open he would attack me.
Then he pretended he didn't know what happened, but all my stuff was looted, and after I sayd I didn't believe him he killed me again.

So if he is really using a bug to kill players and 'getting away' with it, this seems like something illegal.

The player that did it was named 'Pox' and he got a house just beyond the graveyard in Brittain.

If possible I'd like to file a complaint about this player, but don't know where to do that...

iamreallysquall

Re: Killing on house porch

Post by iamreallysquall »

STTrife wrote:Hello, I'm new to UOSA, but I played UO before.

Today I was 'lured' by someone who is (I think) using a bug to kill new players and loot them without being flagged as murderer. He sayd he would give me stuff but I had to stand on his porch and then when the trade window was open he would attack me.
Then he pretended he didn't know what happened, but all my stuff was looted, and after I sayd I didn't believe him he killed me again.

So if he is really using a bug to kill players and 'getting away' with it, this seems like something illegal.

The player that did it was named 'Pox' and he got a house just beyond the graveyard in Brittain.

If possible I'd like to file a complaint about this player, but don't know where to do that...
you are flaged as a criminal (Grey) when you are in someones private house.
<mistercherry> i bet ide beat yer asss in scrabble
<Atraxi> as soon as i find the noobs i stole from
<Jamison> lelouche your taunts will be your downfall

Nergnog

Post by Nergnog »

Don't go into someone else's house ever unless you are friended. You can stand off the porch and open a trade window. Do that next time. And better yet, go be a gm hally mage and beat him later.

STTrife

Post by STTrife »

Still sounds like a bug to me, I wasn't inside his house only on his porch :(

iamreallysquall

Post by iamreallysquall »

STTrife wrote:Still sounds like a bug to me, I wasn't inside his house only on his porch :(
steps count as "inside" 0 bug he tricked you into coming inside and killed you
<mistercherry> i bet ide beat yer asss in scrabble
<Atraxi> as soon as i find the noobs i stole from
<Jamison> lelouche your taunts will be your downfall

STTrife

Post by STTrife »

Thanks, are there any more 'tricks' I should look out for?

elhorno
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by elhorno »

There are ONLY tricks it seems.

applejack
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by applejack »

Yesterday I was trying to explain to a co-worker why UOSA is so awesome. He's an mmo fan but never played UO. This morning I showed him this thread and he was dying laughing.
[cA] Organizational Information
[cA] Tales of Adventure
Tabius wrote:I am disgusted by cA's attitude in this and you should all be ashamed of yourselves.

Pirul

Post by Pirul »

STTrife wrote:Thanks, are there any more 'tricks' I should look out for?
There are too many "tricks" out there to mention.

Just a couple of nuggets of advice:

- Never leave your home/bank with stuff you cannot afford to loose.
- Trust NO ONE until you have built a looooong relationship with them (and I mean months), and then, be wary. Given the opportunity, 95% of the population here will bend you over and ream you...some have a relentless dedication to this.
- Do NOT afk at the bank, hidden in town, or anywhere outside where you think you might be "safe"...trust me, you are not.
- At the first sign of suspicious movement, move away. See a gate pop up beside you at a bank...move away. Someone comes in running to bank right beside you...move away. Someone starts casting energy field in town...move away.
- Do not use Brit West Bank. Theres a ton of quiet bank in other cities you can use.
- There is no such thing as a free lunch. Anyone offering free wealth is most likely setting you up. And likewise, you get what you pay for. If you think you're getting a great deal on <insert any item here>, but need to make the deal "now and without a broker" for any reason...you are getting screwed.
<ian> 2 chicks making out are not gay