Please fix the trotting bug (part XXXIV)

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
Matty
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Please fix the trotting bug (part XXXIV)

Post by Matty »

for xmas, is this too much to ask for?

no swinging on an opponent who is walking away on a horse is bugged. please, please, please look at it.

Sandro

Re: Please fix the trotting bug (part XXXIV)

Post by Sandro »

This was fixed when they add SotR.

You need to actually move ahead of your opponent to hit them while moving, because the server is showing them about 2-3 steps behind where they actually are.
[14:17] <UOSAPlayer4056> cr3w guild is a joke. Ran by staff members, multi client pking, this shards a joke and a half.
Blaise wrote:Man, you guys are really stepping up your game now that you're not living in the shadow of cr3w

Matty
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Matty »

Sandro wrote:This was fixed when they add SotR.

You need to actually move ahead of your opponent to hit them while moving, because the server is showing them about 2-3 steps behind where they actually are.
i've been trying this with very little success. i'll keep trying and report back

tanmits

Post by tanmits »

Trotting still makes you virtually invulnerable regardless of whether or not SOTR is in. Just move in right angles and you can't be hit unless your pursuer is particularly lucky. It's probably the only reason SOTR is still in, otherwise it would probably be nerfed again. I doubt this bug is fixable, though, as it's an artifact of great connection speeds.
S&S Yew: fully stocked bulk reagents, weapons, armor, explosion traps, and fishing spoils. Also, temporarily carrying POTION KEGS!

Matty
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Matty »

tanmits wrote:Trotting still makes you virtually invulnerable regardless of whether or not SOTR is in. Just move in right angles and you can't be hit unless your pursuer is particularly lucky. It's probably the only reason SOTR is still in, otherwise it would probably be nerfed again. I doubt this bug is fixable, though, as it's an artifact of great connection speeds.
this is what i've been noticing, SOTR or not. someone who knows how to trot-- even with 120 dex and a katana or qstaff uequipped, stepping tiles ahead of my opponent, i can't swing at all unless i'm very lucky.

Matty
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Matty »

i tested this out some more and stand by my OP. i would love for the staff to please test this out and if they see what i have been seeing, maybe something can be done.

Matty
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Matty »

for xmas? please? :D

Malaikat

Post by Malaikat »

You don't need luck, you need anticipation.
Save yourself the shame and embarrassment and just assume that if you can't understand me...you're the one who's retarded.
Budner wrote:Your sig lets everyone know what an arrogant prick you are.

Matty
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Matty »

Malaikat wrote:You don't need luck, you need anticipation.
doesn't guile from street fighter say something like that after you lose?

Malaikat

Post by Malaikat »

Matty wrote:
Malaikat wrote:You don't need luck, you need anticipation.
doesn't guile from street fighter say something like that after you lose?
I don't know. I thought it was an original idea. Maybe I'll be gay and bind it to a hotkey.
Save yourself the shame and embarrassment and just assume that if you can't understand me...you're the one who's retarded.
Budner wrote:Your sig lets everyone know what an arrogant prick you are.

tanmits

Post by tanmits »

While you're pseudo-invulnerable, trotting in right angles until your bandage timer heals you back to full? Mages don't have this problem, though, I suppose.
S&S Yew: fully stocked bulk reagents, weapons, armor, explosion traps, and fishing spoils. Also, temporarily carrying POTION KEGS!

iamreallysquall

Post by iamreallysquall »

Sandro wrote:This was fixed when they add SotR.

can you show me patch notes for "when they added sotr" or are you referring to the bug currently in place.
<mistercherry> i bet ide beat yer asss in scrabble
<Atraxi> as soon as i find the noobs i stole from
<Jamison> lelouche your taunts will be your downfall