Monsters with guild affiliations. Add more or remove them?

Topics related to Second Age

Should Ascalon be granted Order Guard Spawn?

URK and UWL have NPCs guilded to them, so why the hell not?
31%
The entire concept of NPCs with guild affiliation is NEA and should be removed (Yes, even Bloodrock).
56%
If yet another guild gets custom NPC/guilded monsters, a menu should prompt you to select yours when you place a guild stone.
13%

Total votes: 32

Blaise
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Monsters with guild affiliations. Add more or remove them?

Post by Blaise »

So over time I've been pondering the Bloodrock Urk spawn and most recently the start of UWL with their undead ties(as far as I know).

I am a big fan of RP and love what these folks have done with their guilds, however, I'm not exactly content with guilds having NPC allies in any form.

The bloodrock monster spawn is simply outrageous, which no one can deny. The loot is terrible, so that URK won't just farm them and leave town less than they already do.
The problem is that they friggen destroy armor and teleport four tiles at a time when chasing you. If you're on foot, you'll only escape if you're lucky or manage to get a Recall off without being disrupted by their 40hp swipe at you.

So, what I'm curious to know is, do people enjoy having this spawn here and if so, when do I get mine?

Insanely fast, super-high hit point, high damage Order Guards should be spawning all over Ascalon and attacking reds on site.

It's only fair right?

Or, better yet, nix the entire concept and lets get back to players playing the game. The URK's ability to camp with their spawn and just lure other players into the NPC monster traps is shady and a detriment to their RP more than a benefit.

I'm not trying to be a jerk and get things stripped from others who have put their time into this shard, but it's out of hand. Perhaps one last major shard event that 'rids the world of bloodrock spawn' to keep it RP and make a little game of it.
IE: turn off the spawn and let us kill off the last of them.
I don't know how the UWL setup works but they're in the public eye as well for having a similar spawn afilliation (unless I'm mistaken). I recall trying to fight Lagrath at their event, only to have him run into a crowd of undead that I had to run away from to avoid getting swarmed.

I dunno, just bored and rambling a bit and wanted some feedback on the thoughts.
Est Sularus oth Mithas

Matty
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Monsters with guild affiliations. Add more or remove the

Post by Matty »

or D.) who cares

Mikel123
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Mikel123 »

dumb poll choices are dumb

Blaise
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Blaise »

Thanks for your eloquent feedback gentlemen.

I forgot to include option D) I don't give a about this shard or the thoughts of other players.

I'll care more about your apathy next time, I promise.
Est Sularus oth Mithas

Matty
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Matty »

BlaiseDad wrote:Thanks for your eloquent feedback gentlemen.

I forgot to include option D) I don't give a shit about this shard or the thoughts of other players.

I'll care more about your apathy next time, I promise.
you need people like me so you can point your finger and say "There he is! That's the bad guy!"

Blaise
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Blaise »

Pretty sure it's more necessary to point out the good guys, considering how many nefarious types there are here.

But hey, thanks for playing, as always.
Est Sularus oth Mithas

tanmits

Post by tanmits »

Where's the choice for "No, because you guys have no compelling reason to have/need it. You don't RP nor is life particularly hard when you control all of the houses in a significant portion of the map."

Edit: but yeah sure, if you want to come up with a reason, pitch it. Just don't turn this into another debate over favoritism like the poll options indicate.
S&S Yew: fully stocked bulk reagents, weapons, armor, explosion traps, and fishing spoils. Also, temporarily carrying POTION KEGS!

Blaise
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Blaise »

tanmits wrote:Where's the choice for "No, because you guys have no compelling reason to have/need it. You don't RP nor is life particularly hard when you control all of the houses in a significant portion of the map."

Edit: but yeah sure, if you want to come up with a reason, pitch it. Just don't turn this into another debate over favoritism like the poll options indicate.
If that's what you assumed it to be, you are wrong. This has nothing to do with favoritism and in case you've never actually come to Ascalon, I do in fact, RP regularly.
Please, tell me the compelling reason the Urks have/need the most savage spawn on the shard that never existed in or out of era?

Just because I'm not a creative writer who's drawn up a long story, doesn't mean I don't do my best to RP.

The only compelling reason to have it is because others do as well and in the case of the bloodrock, their current roster of event contributions is pretty much on par with Ascalon.

This is not about the justifications for it, but the existence of said spawns.

Let me simplify the poll options here for everyone who seems to have trouble translating:
Yes
No
Make it super easy so everyone and their moms get custom spawn.
Est Sularus oth Mithas

Halbu

Post by Halbu »

If not removing bloodrock NPC's, we need to at least tone them down. They shouldn't be too fast, it makes people(especially noobs) not want to fight the real rpers when they have to deal with that.

Blaise
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Blaise »

Even if you're not a n00b, you chase one player Urk into a crowd of those suckers, you're ass out.
Est Sularus oth Mithas

chumbucket
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by chumbucket »

I don't think there is a strong case to be made in terms of era accuracy. The shard aims for mechanical accuracy. I don't think the occasional custom or novel element violates that. (It would if it were prevalent.) The real question, I would think, is whether it gives the shard a non-T2A feel. I don't know; I haven't seen these new NPCs.

BlackFoot
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by BlackFoot »

Custom spawn is good if theres a story/event/on going RP etc

Hidden valley has had a small custom spawn happening for a few weeks now. I doubt many people think UOSA has lost its feel because of it

Staff discretion has been fairly reliable at maintaining the t2aeyness of the world evenw ith RP custom elemnts etc
<IronfistMax> tell me where you are in game, and ill come thank you personally
Mad_Max: blackfoot you sent everyone to a slaughter
<Derrick> We will not negotiate with terrorists.
UOSA Society of Adventure and History [UoH]

Blaise
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Blaise »

I can jive with it being temporary, or short-lived, based on a specific event, or chain of events.

In all honesty, I was the first person to vote NEA/remove in this poll.

I got here seemingly long after the bloodrock spawn was established and have no idea what purpose it serves today, aside from trainwrecking my armor and resources in a single fight.

In terms of mechanical accuracy, what spawn in era ever moved as fast as the bloodrock orc lords? Did anything ever hit so hard that a GM suit of armor is in need of repair after fighting a single monster?

I'm not trying to slam the Urks, as I've said, I love what they do here and I support them. However, their spawn and inability to be attacked by them, is affecting the shard in a negative way, in my opinion and possibly others.
Est Sularus oth Mithas

Drunk Monk

Post by Drunk Monk »

*farts*
“What we have done for ourselves alone dies with us; what we have done for others and the world remains and is immortal.” -Albert Pike

tanmits

Post by tanmits »

I don't know the history of why they were made so awesome, but the only time they become tough to deal with is when they are in towns. At the fort, they're not even worth noticing since they're so easily led away and forgotten about. In sieges and defenses, though, if Urk didn't have viable NPC backup, it would the 50+ blues on horseback synching dumps on us versus 10-20 unmounted Urks. It makes the fight more interesting and long-lasting, like it did in Skara when TG had trouble EVing and off-screening, when Halbu had to use his tele jewelry to escape; it forced humans to wise up an bring boats.

Also, the only ones troubling are the lords. Just kill them until it's only mages or regular orcs. They may be fast but hit like ummie scum.

I'm not defending the overly long occupation in Cove, though. Part of that is recent Urk inactivity, which irks me (urks me?), since it's not for them being too busy. Unfortunately, it may come down to doing an event to clear the city without us participating.

:(
S&S Yew: fully stocked bulk reagents, weapons, armor, explosion traps, and fishing spoils. Also, temporarily carrying POTION KEGS!