Oh the Irony...

Share stories and special moments with the community.
PleasureThief

Oh the Irony...

Post by PleasureThief »

Simple day chopping wood:

Atraxi

Re: Oh the Irony...

Post by Atraxi »

dictionary.com wrote:i·ro·ny  [ahy-ruh-nee, ahy-er-] noun, plural -nies. The use of words to convey a meaning that is the opposite of its literal meaning
I'm missing something.
|| Atx Mini Mall | Atraxi's Great Real Estate ||

IRC: Atraxi on @#bpd +#NEW #SecondAge #C^V

<GreenPlastic> I want Five Guys inside me right now
Millerisfuntoplay wrote:Atraxi pwned me =(

PleasureThief

Post by PleasureThief »

Atraxi wrote:
dictionary.com wrote:i·ro·ny  [ahy-ruh-nee, ahy-er-] noun, plural -nies. The use of words to convey a meaning that is the opposite of its literal meaning
I'm missing something.
Yeah I have no idea what OP is trying to say with those series of pictures.

I know, Ill copy/paste the literal definition of irony off the internet, to respond to the forum post, in order to make myself look intellectually superior.

Yeah, and then, when we cry repeatedly about how this community is "losing members and not growing", I will wonder if it has anything to do with making smart ass remarks on a forum!

I get it, you do not think it is funny, if no one thinks it is funny, that is fine. I thought it was amusing how a giant tree can take 2 chops, and then be completely out of wood.

It is cool though, you look super bad ass right now with your remark.

Atraxi

Post by Atraxi »

You said there was irony somewhere. I see that you chopped a Yew Tree until it was out of wood. I just don't see where the irony is.

PleasureThief

Post by PleasureThief »

Atraxi wrote:You said there was irony somewhere. I see that you chopped a Yew Tree until it was out of wood. I just don't see where the irony is.

I wonder if the zoomed in picture showing the tree about 5-7 x bigger than I am and still standing untarnished adds to the irony of it being out of wood...

Good job Ray Charles, L2UseYourEyeballs.

Atraxi

Post by Atraxi »

PleasureThief wrote:
Atraxi wrote:You said there was irony somewhere. I see that you chopped a Yew Tree until it was out of wood. I just don't see where the irony is.

I wonder if the zoomed in picture showing the tree about 5-7 x bigger than I am and still standing untarnished adds to the irony of it being out of wood...

If you say so.

Atraxi

Post by Atraxi »

PleasureThief wrote:

Okay, maybe I wasn't clear. Yes I see you standing in front of the tree. Yes the Yew Tree is bigger than you. That's not irony, that's game mechanics. I understand that the tree looks bigger than you so it must have more wood, but if you wanna look at things realistically, run around the back of the tree and stand inside of it. That's right. The Yew tree is hollow. There's really not as much tree there as it looks like, so it doesn't yeild much wood.

But you were talking about irony. That's why I included the definition of irony. That has nothing to do with irony. You'd make as much sense saying it was facetious. That's another fancy-sounding word that would be used incorrectly in that context.

Good job, L2UseYourBrain.

Eastwood

Post by Eastwood »

don't flame him too much!

I thought it was kinda funny, the emphasis on zoomed in screenshots, the name of his character "PleasureWood", not enough "wood" to harvest kinda sexual, the fact that a Yew Tree is the size of a house and yet there's nothing to chop... the slightly psychedelic freaky clown.

I see potential, imagine when he starts stealing and griefing? Don't smother this flame too soon guys, encourage him and let him grow into a new world class thief for the server. Lord knows we need new blood in this department.

Thanks for your post PleasureWood
Catskills 97-99

J.G

Post by J.G »

Pretty good stuff it is ironic that a huge tree would have such little wood though apparently i dont know how to correctly use the word.

PleasureThief

Post by PleasureThief »

Atraxi wrote:
PleasureThief wrote:

Okay, maybe I wasn't clear. Yes I see you standing in front of the tree. Yes the Yew Tree is bigger than you. That's not irony, that's game mechanics. I understand that the tree looks bigger than you so it must have more wood, but if you wanna look at things realistically, run around the back of the tree and stand inside of it. That's right. The Yew tree is hollow. There's really not as much tree there as it looks like, so it doesn't yeild much wood.

But you were talking about irony. That's why I included the definition of irony. That has nothing to do with irony. You'd make as much sense saying it was facetious. That's another fancy-sounding word that would be used incorrectly in that context.

Good job, L2UseYourBrain.

Wow dude, way too upright about the game.

I am sorry you didn't like it, again no one has to think it is amusing. I was sharing because I thought it was amusing.

Next time if I think a post may be possibly funny, I will PM you first, and await your approval.

If of course, you can technically prove to me it is not "ironic", or not amusing in any way, I will not post it.

:)

Downs

Post by Downs »

I'm glad you guys came to an agreement! I hate it when you fight!
RoadKill wrote: "cA" is a guild of trickery, thieves and explosives so be wary around them.
The New Yew Bank Mall! Don't bother shopping anwhere else!
cA's Database of Adventures!!!

Light Shade
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Light Shade »

I never thought i'd see a pissing match over the inherent irony that may or may not be associated with a Yew Tree in a Wizard Game. New surprises everyday!

So, how bout them pointy Wizard Hat fashions?

-L/S
[20:08] <@Kaivan> We have a ridable Maahes in Green Acres.
[10:00] <TheBreadman> leeds did a takeover on secondage
[10:00] <@Derrick> hax

Tom: Get bad bro

chumbucket
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by chumbucket »

It's like RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAIAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAINNNN on your wedding day, etc.

Light Shade
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Light Shade »

Oh great, chumbucket's serenading us with Alanis Morisette now...

*runs*
[20:08] <@Kaivan> We have a ridable Maahes in Green Acres.
[10:00] <TheBreadman> leeds did a takeover on secondage
[10:00] <@Derrick> hax

Tom: Get bad bro

Mikel123
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Mikel123 »

I thought he was pointing to the fact that his char name is PleasureWood, clearly a euphemism for penis, and the game was telling him there wasn't enough "wood" to "harvest", clearly a euphemism for having a small penis that's unable to please a woman sexually.

But, um, the explanation of the large tree makes sense too.