House Placing Difficulties

Report any bugs you discover on the server here
WiseOne

House Placing Difficulties

Post by WiseOne »

So a Hhhwile back I purchased a tower. Some time later I needed some extra gold so I re-deed-ed it and placed a large brick house instead to save the spot. Recently I tried placing the tower back and couldn't. I figured I might be doing something wrong so I tried to place the large brick back until I figure it out and it wouldn't place either. I was forced to put a couple smalls for now just to save the spot.

What I noticed:

A) When I double click the tower deed and move the cursor onto the world area my screen goes black except when the cursor is on a few small areas of the world.

B) When I do see the tower 'ghost' while attempting to place it, the tower itself is nowhere near the cursor but way out across the screen.

C) Even when placing the small house, where I clicked to place was not where the house was actually placed.

Is this a common problem or am I just doing something wrong? I've placed houses before and never had an issue.

Any help is appreciated and thanks in advance for your feedback.
♥ Baaaaaaaaaaam ♠

Pehiko
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: House Placing Difficulties

Post by Pehiko »

House placement:

House placement as viewed may not be entirely accurate when the client screen is not in the top left hand corner.

Jill Stihl
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Jill Stihl »

Is your play window in the top left corner of your screen? If it's not it can cause the ghost images to be out of place.

Also, house placement rules were tweaked a little while ago - some spots where you could place you now cannot, and vice versa.

WiseOne

Post by WiseOne »

Don't think it was top left, will try it later tonight. Thanks guys!
♥ Baaaaaaaaaaam ♠

Pirul

Post by Pirul »

There are several things that might be afoot here.

1st off, as others have said, when the window is not on the top left, the "ghost" is not where the placed house will fall.

Also, if you scroll the "ghost" over your character, the screen tends to go black.

With the new patch, there has to be 1 tile all the way around, not only the house, but also the steps (was not the case before) and the steps also count as part of the house for the 5 tile "buffer" between houses. So when before you could have 5 tiles between the front wall of one house and the back wall of another, that is no longer the case.

Finally, remember that for towers, you cannot place the wings "hanging" over other houses, but you can place the other houses "under" the wings. Which means, that if your former tower was placed before the rest of the housing around it, there is a pretty good chance you won't be able to plalce it back without first removing the surrounding houses (if they are close to the sides of the tower, that is).
<ian> 2 chicks making out are not gay

WiseOne

Post by WiseOne »

No other houses around. I think the problem is with the patch. I think the tower was placed right next to a tree before and if I understand correctly, that is no longer valid for placing. Also, there are a few rocks on this patch, they don't stop me from moving, meaning I can walk over them, but they might be preventing the placing. I will play around some more maybe I will be able to place a 2 story. Worst case, I will sit on those 2 smalls forever :P
♥ Baaaaaaaaaaam ♠

WiseOne

Post by WiseOne »

I managed to place a 2 story on the first try so I might be able to recover my loss because the area is secluded, on grass and is facing the ocean with just a couple of nearby neighbors. Will probably put it up for sale later. I was going to wait out the keep near by but that probably won't happen lol.
♥ Baaaaaaaaaaam ♠