AFK Rare Gathering Not Era-Accurate

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
Stranger

Re: AFK Rare Gathering Not Era-Accurate

Post by Stranger »

Light Shade wrote:
Stranger wrote:Lightshade the fact that you are fighting this so hard, rather then championing many other more worthy causes leads me more believe the motives I stated in my first posts. The entire reason that we are in this mess is because of a guide YOU wrote that leaked. Before then you had the monopoly on rares. If in fact you believed this harmed the shard then you showed that you really didnt care as long as YOU profited from that harm. Then when this method became public and everyone was able to do this you became the man to champion this cause. That still does not sit right with me at all. Personally, I would rather the market become saturated to the point that these rares are nearly worthless so that you may no longer profit from whatever stockpile you may have, then see them rise in value after this method is made illegal.

This is simply not true. There are several other things i've been going after such as stables, AFK in general, and De-Syncing to name a few...

Example: AFK Reagent Buying

Not only did I inform you of this via a PM that you responded to before you made this post, but there are countles posts throughout the discussion forums that completely debunk what you just said. The fact that you still made this post after I was polite enough to PM you and explain it to you tells me that you've got your own agenda. Please do your homework before making assumptions.

I give most of what I have away to new players, events, setting up public rune libraries, and to help out with guilds... If you're going to attack me, at least have the smallest modicom of knowledge or fact to back it up instead of making these assumptions. Just last week I donated a bag of nice rares for the events and many of the people in the smaller events will tell you that I gave them something, too. Shortly before that I sold some rares so that I could afford to place a tower for the guild of the Dungeon Guards (because I don't actually have millions laying around like some think). Before that I sold a couple rares so that I could afford to help setup the Dungeon Guards with their own Rune Library...not to mention donating several for their library. Before I ever even hunted a single rare, I spent every last penny I had buying a keep and a tower on the Vesper Beach, and helping to buy the other keep, for the guild C^V...the same buildings that were used to host a Week of Events this past week. I'm sorry, Sir, but you have no idea what you're talking about.

Regardless, your comments are completely irrelevant to the issue. Era Accuracy is the issue. This is not Era Accurate.

I have no clue what your talking about, your pm says nothing about you fighting for era accuracy on other issues, but rather, seemed only to express your displeasure with my pointing out a few facts..

"I quit hunting rares over a month before someone leaked my rares guide as many can attest to. Derrick even knows this as I PM'd him about it and how to fix the rares system so that people couldn't do this.

As far as me supposedly reaping the benefits and then trying to get it changed, again, ask people that actually play with me how I just give all this stuff away for events and whatnot.

I'm sorry, but your veiled jab at me, that had nothing to do with the actual issue, was rather insulting, but i'll just chalk it up to you simply not knowing about the situation and move on."

If you had brooched this issue via the forums before your guide was made public knowledge, I would have applauded you. I do not wish to make an enemy of you, I am simply stating my opinion here and that is that you have your own agenda. As you would benefit greatly if it suddenly became much harder to obtain these rares. I just cannot buy that you really care what this does to the shard, rather then what this does to the prices of the pixles you hoarded. You took the time to create an elaborate razor macro so that you could make a fortune off of items you gathered without even playing. Then you made your fortune, and wrote a guide on how to do it. Then im assuming sold your guide to others, so that you could make more gold, without any care about what this would do the shard. Then the guide leaks, and suddenly everyones in on the game and theres no more gold to be made for you, and now you want it fixed for the betterment of the shard. How could one not be skeptical? I love pixles too but everything i've ever gotten on this shard i've gotten from killing 10 bazillion monsters, not exploiting something to the determent of the shard.
[01:12:32] <Nevermore> Stranger you are the reason I hate christmas
[01:12:36] <Nevermore> You specifically
[01:12:44] <Nevermore> Every year? Christmas sucks. Because of Stranger

Naljier

Post by Naljier »

if they don't change it are you gonna threaten to rage quit?

Hemperor
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Hemperor »

Stranger wrote:Lightshade the fact that you are fighting this so hard, rather then championing many other more worthy causes leads me more believe the motives I stated in my first posts. The entire reason that we are in this mess is because of a guide YOU wrote that leaked. Before then you had the monopoly on rares. If in fact you believed this harmed the shard then you showed that you really didnt care as long as YOU profited from that harm. Then when this method became public and everyone was able to do this you became the man to champion this cause. That still does not sit right with me at all. Personally, I would rather the market become saturated to the point that these rares are nearly worthless so that you may no longer profit from whatever stockpile you may have, then see them rise in value after this method is made illegal.
Can you please stop cluttering and killing off useful shard discussions with your own vengeances? Who gives a shite what his motives are, completely destroying the value of one market in a shard that has no plans of ending is silly. This is the last time I add to your side tracking.

[22:26] <ian> why am i making 3750 empty kegs
[22:27] <ian> 1125000 for 3750 empty kegs
----------------------------------------
[10:44] <ian> a good cat is a dead cat

Stranger

Post by Stranger »

Hemperor wrote:
Can you please stop cluttering and killing off useful shard discussions with your own vengeances? Who gives a shite what his motives are, completely destroying the value of one market in a shard that has no plans of ending is silly. This is the last time I add to your side tracking.
Please dont ever reply to anything I type. Stop being butthurt cause I gave honest imput to your useless razor thread. Im not side tracking anything. Im simply pointing out what I believe to be ulterior motives on this situation. I find it infinatly ironic that the grandfather of AFK rare gathering wants it done away with. And I have just as much right to weigh on on these issues with my opinion as anyone else does. Moreso then maybe some people who denounce the shard and go to create their own "Better" fail shard.

Light Shade
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Light Shade »

Just as a reminder...this thread is about AFK Rare Gathering and how it is not Era-Accurate by any means.
[20:08] <@Kaivan> We have a ridable Maahes in Green Acres.
[10:00] <TheBreadman> leeds did a takeover on secondage
[10:00] <@Derrick> hax

Tom: Get bad bro

Stranger

Post by Stranger »

Light Shade wrote:Just as a reminder...this thread is about AFK Rare Gathering and how it is not Era-Accurate by any means.
Agree'd. And I intend to back off. I agree that it is bad for the shard. I wish people would (nor ever!) would have done it.

GleepGlop

Post by GleepGlop »

Maybe Derrick can chime in and let us know what he told Lightshade about AFK rare collecting macros when he jailed one of his bots and made him hand over the script (this happened before any of the times listed in his list). All Lightshade had to do was not continue using these bots for months and months afterwards and nobody else would have been pissed off enough to copy it.

Light Shade
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Light Shade »

GleepGlop wrote:Maybe Derrick can chime in and let us know what he told Lightshade about AFK rare collecting macros when he jailed one of his bots and made him hand over the script (this happened before any of the times listed in his list). All Lightshade had to do was not continue using these bots for months and months afterwards and nobody else would have been pissed off enough to copy it.
I have never been jailed...nor was I the only person who did this. I'm just the only person that will admit that I was doing it and admit that it shouldn't be allowed. There are many nameless faces floating out there that absolutely do not want to agree with this because they did and still do this.

Regardless, this is still not Era Accurate despite everyone's attempts and derailing this topic for their own spiteful reasons.
[20:08] <@Kaivan> We have a ridable Maahes in Green Acres.
[10:00] <TheBreadman> leeds did a takeover on secondage
[10:00] <@Derrick> hax

Tom: Get bad bro

Halbu

Post by Halbu »

People are making profits from afk reagent buying, so it's just like fishing afk or mining afk.

It's the same thing really, and it should be illegal so there is risk in doing this(your account could get banned or jailed for days).

Stranger

Post by Stranger »

Halbu wrote:People are making profits from afk reagent buying, so it's just like fishing afk or mining afk.

It's the same thing really, and it should be illegal so there is risk in doing this(your account could get banned or jailed for days).
Thought afk reg buying was made illegal?

Naljier

Post by Naljier »

to be era accurate wouldn't rares have to spawn at server up every morning?

Stranger

Post by Stranger »

Naljier wrote:to be era accurate wouldn't rares have to spawn at server up every morning?
was thinking this too.

Wonko the Sane

Post by Wonko the Sane »

This inaccuracy is intended so that people living in different time zones all have a chance to participate in rare gathering.

Stranger

Post by Stranger »

If you want social interaction, shorten the account limit to 1, make vanq and other magic weapons (better then gm) waaaaaaaay harder to find (like they were). Lower the skill gain rate on all crafting skills by about 80%, make unattended macroing illegal. Then you'll have some social interaction and a stellar economy.

Naljier

Post by Naljier »

/thinks stranger is right on with his assessment of the motivation behind this stupid thread