Extending The Last Save (Server Wars)

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.

Extend last save (server wars)?

No
53%
Yes, by 15 minutes or less
28%
Yes, by 15 minutes or more
19%

Total votes: 32

WiseOne

Extending The Last Save (Server Wars)

Post by WiseOne »

Yay or Nay?

Don't know how many people out there stay up for this but I wonder what people feel about extending the last save to enjoy longer in town violence without repercussions. I rarely stay up that late/early but when I do it is quite fun attacking people in town.
♥ Baaaaaaaaaaam ♠

Jill Stihl
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Extending The Last Save (Server Wars)

Post by Jill Stihl »

I wouldn't like to see it extended by too much, as last save/restart occurs when I'm generally playing UO (early afternoon) so does 'intrude' (for want of a lesser term) on my gaming. I don't take part in server wars so it's 'dead' time for me.

But I could live with another 10 or 15 mins if that's what the majority wants.

the bazookas
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by the bazookas »

I love server wars. Extending even 5 minutes would be great imo. The big possible reasons for NOT extend it as I see them are:
  • Some people have to go to work right around that time and might have a hard time setting up their macros before heading out if the server didn't come up as soon as it does now.
  • Some people aren't so much into super-awesome-bring-your-best-stuff-FFA-Mayhem, so server war time is "wasted time" (as described in previous post). Furthermore, even for these kinds of people, they can experiment with things that they would otherwise not try due to the risk.
  • It's technically "no risk", which could have a taste of "Trammie" for some people, although it is, of course, era accurate (and I don't think anybody in era would have argued that it is lame because there is "no risk").
The main reason TO extend it, imo, is because it's super-awesome-bring-your-best-stuff-FFA-Mayhem.

But yea... I think a 5 minute extension would be just about perfect.
Most people like us, or at least they like what we do. Regardless, we appreciate all our victims, and we hope that their encounter with us is a memorable one.
-a machine gun, a bazooka, and a grenade
... a not-for-profit organization (usually)

Pehiko
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Pehiko »

the bazookas wrote:
  • Some people have to go to work right around that time and might have a hard time setting up their macros before heading out if the server didn't come up as soon as it does now.
I know a lot of players (my brother for example) wait for the server to come up to go to work because they want to start macroing, but I am always around on server reset and there is not a lot of players online. Why not keep the Server reset at the same time but put the last save at 6:30 instead of 7:00?

nightshark
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by nightshark »

I just want server wars to be over so I can set up macro and goto bed. 15 minutes is usually long enough for everyone, or nearly everyone to die.

The server goes through ups and downs and there have been long stretches of time where less than 5 people went. 30 minute server war in those conditions... boring and a waste of time.

Vote leave as is.
<green> grats pink and co. .... the 3 of you f---ing scrubs together can blow up a bard. IMPRESSIVE

Pirul

Post by Pirul »

I vote against more Trammel time.
<ian> 2 chicks making out are not gay

Rammar
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Rammar »

I wouldn't be opposed to extending it. There were some nights on Atlantic it seemed to last 30min+. Not an issue for me, but I would request that if it was extended, that last save start earlier, instead of extending the time the server generally comes up. More concerned about the server-up time being consistent than I am about the last-save time. Eg. last save at 6:30est, but try to always be up at 7est, the remainder leave for server wars.

the bazookas
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by the bazookas »

Rammar wrote:Not an issue for me, but I would request that if it was extended, that last save start earlier
This makes a lot of sense--wouldn't screw up anybody's routine, and a little bit of lost time before the last save shouldn't make much difference for anybody.

Again, I think an extra 5 minutes would be fun: 6:55-7:15EST.
Most people like us, or at least they like what we do. Regardless, we appreciate all our victims, and we hope that their encounter with us is a memorable one.
-a machine gun, a bazooka, and a grenade
... a not-for-profit organization (usually)

Blaise
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Blaise »

Yeah, that's 4am for me. Can we pull the schedule back 4-5 hours?

That'd be greaaaat.
Est Sularus oth Mithas

Pirul

Post by Pirul »

Actually, I take my first comment back, well kinda, although I will never support Trammy time, I really don't care one way or the other as it's 6am here, and I normally am fast asleep at that time, so...same diff if you push it forward or back a bit.
<ian> 2 chicks making out are not gay

Blaise
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Blaise »

I've never taken part in such things myself, so I have no experience to speak from.
I suppose it would be the perfect time to go townie with Sturm in the 79AR plate suit with vanq hally/heavy xbow :)
Est Sularus oth Mithas

WiseOne

Post by WiseOne »

Seems like people are happy to keep things the way they are. Oh HhHhwell
♥ Baaaaaaaaaaam ♠