Server Lag

Topics related to Second Age
Hemperor
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Server Lag

Post by Hemperor »

So we have ALL been experiencing some very annoying lag spikes for the past few months. Whether some get it worse than others, I don't know, but I'm pretty sure its safe to say that everyone is affected daily, heck more than hourly.

No one seems to talk about it anymore though, there has been no word from Derrick on it, have we all just gotten used to it and decided to live with it? At the moment that is the only thing to do, but I was just wondering what the official word/upcoming solution to this was...its very annoying.

[22:26] <ian> why am i making 3750 empty kegs
[22:27] <ian> 1125000 for 3750 empty kegs
----------------------------------------
[10:44] <ian> a good cat is a dead cat

Kingbuns

Re: Server Lag

Post by Kingbuns »

Finally someone else posted about this I thought it might just be me. I get freeze ups that last about 2 seconds happening every 5-10mins.

Slimeball Jasper

Post by Slimeball Jasper »

I have noticed this as well.

1- People need to stop running 3 clients with a hundred million things going on with no pauses in razor. Since the ticket system is now over with we should be noticing the lag less and less.

2- DONATE! If everyone donated ten bucks we could get an upgrade and decrease lag.

3- Stop running 3 clients yourself macroing a million things and expecting to play at the same time.

4- Get a better connection.

5- Don't post this stuff in the general forum as it can make players not play here after reading all of these posts about lag.

Faust

Post by Faust »

The box that the server is being ran on is well above what it is handling right now from what I've been told. If this is the case reducing items, connected clients, and non-stop macros won't really do anything. I don't believe it has anything to do with that. I think it's a routing issue from the host.

Hemperor
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Hemperor »

Faust wrote:The box that the server is being ran on is well above what it is handling right now from what I've been told. If this is the case reducing items, connected clients, and non-stop macros won't really do anything. I don't believe it has anything to do with that. I think it's a routing issue from the host.
This is what I understood as well. I should have made my knowledge of it more clear for ignorant people like Slimeball.
It's not me that is lagging, its the whole shard.

I posted it here so it would get noticed and hopefully we can get an official response.

Moustachioed Man

Post by Moustachioed Man »

i've been noticing it as well.

it hadnt been very aggravating until a few minutes ago where instead of just getting stuck for a second or two, it feels like i'll lag for a few steps....

i don't think it's me because i hadnt had any problems like this period yet, and i have 15mb cable with unlimited bandwidth lol...

ScoobyDoO

Post by ScoobyDoO »

its been annoying the shit outa me! Im not looking for that much accuracy during t2a :)

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

It looks like we need to change hosts. We upgraded the server with the same host about 3 months ago, we're sure it's not the server. I've been looking into finding a more reliable host for us.

Please do note though, that this problem is still only affecting certain uses on certain ISPs, it's a routing issue in the vicinity of our hosts location, there are still many cases when lag is caused by something completely separate from this. Torrent especially can how a huge impact of your network even when the displayed bandwidth consumed is low.

fooka03
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by fooka03 »

what is the location of the server?
[$$$] Syndicate of Successful Salesmen
Cash, The Drunken Smith
GM Miner, Tinker, Smith, Carpenter, Tailor

Teknix
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Teknix »

dallas, texas i think
chumbucket wrote:
GomerPyle wrote:chum RPs a thief
Roleplays?!?

Hemperor
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Hemperor »

i think you should look for more of a central server location :)

Joshua Lee

Post by Joshua Lee »

Hemperor wrote:So we have ALL been experiencing some very annoying lag spikes for the past few months. Whether some get it worse than others, I don't know, but I'm pretty sure its safe to say that everyone is affected daily, heck more than hourly.

No one seems to talk about it anymore though, there has been no word from Derrick on it, have we all just gotten used to it and decided to live with it? At the moment that is the only thing to do, but I was just wondering what the official word/upcoming solution to this was...its very annoying.
You need to get over yourself. Who cares there is some lag at all im grateful that derrick even put this all together.
A mirror reflecting a mirror that shines through a prism of paradoxes after shocking breakthroughs that elevate to a higher level of consciousness that radiates the soul energy being burned with passion.

Hemperor
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Hemperor »

Joshua Lee wrote:
Hemperor wrote:So we have ALL been experiencing some very annoying lag spikes for the past few months. Whether some get it worse than others, I don't know, but I'm pretty sure its safe to say that everyone is affected daily, heck more than hourly.

You need to get over yourself. Who cares there is some lag at all im grateful that derrick even put this all together.
Get over myself? Get over yourself, posting topless pictures of yourself everywhere. I should have killed you when I could have but I let your dumb ass go.

We are all grateful to Derrick, we are simply addressing a known shard-wide issue here. Stop being so ignorant.

Joshua Lee

Post by Joshua Lee »

Hemperor wrote:
Joshua Lee wrote:

Get over myself? Get over yourself, posting topless pictures of yourself everywhere. I should have killed you when I could have but I let your dumb ass go.

We are all grateful to Derrick, we are simply addressing a known shard-wide issue here. Stop being so ignorant.
Yeah but the way you present it makes you the one that seems like a ignorant stuck up girl that likes to get what she wants. You don't address things you demand things like a twelve year old. Grow up. I think your more annoying than the lag could ever be.
A mirror reflecting a mirror that shines through a prism of paradoxes after shocking breakthroughs that elevate to a higher level of consciousness that radiates the soul energy being burned with passion.

Joshua Lee

Post by Joshua Lee »

Hemperor wrote:
Faust wrote:The box that the server is being ran on is well above what it is handling right now from what I've been told. If this is the case reducing items, connected clients, and non-stop macros won't really do anything. I don't believe it has anything to do with that. I think it's a routing issue from the host.
This is what I understood as well. I should have made my knowledge of it more clear for ignorant people like Slimeball.
It's not me that is lagging, its the whole shard.

I posted it here so it would get noticed and hopefully we can get an official response.
You know in order to claim that people are ignorant you have to not be so ignorant youself.