Roleplayers: read this

Here you will find guilds to join and were you may recruit members to join your Roleplaying Guild.
Forum rules
This forum is strictly for post Guild Information, Recruitment and Contact Info. Do not post inflamatory remarks in other guilds threads.
chainsoar

Roleplayers: read this

Post by chainsoar »

I'm working on putting together a savage guild at the moment and I need people to help me build it. I won't be opening general recruitment until I have a steady group of players to assist me in keeping the guild active and being a noticeable presence on UOSA. The concept is derived partially from UO:R savages and partially from elements of the Fremen in Frank Herbert's Dune (goddamn I love that book). I've got everything written up and guild rules of conduct etc laid down already.

Anyone interested should throw me a PM here or in irc.

PS urks: savage war event in the future some time? :D
Braden wrote:I was getting ready to type a serious reply to this post until I saw who posted it.
[Uhh] Eo wrote:If there is one thing I am a fan of, it is exploring foreign holes.

kevin-theidocghost
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Roleplayers: read this

Post by kevin-theidocghost »

im in but i demand to be called Lord Kevin
Timelord wrote:Every single person in the game is out to kill you, loot you and take everything you own at any time.
http://www.twitch.tv/imr4350/

McSchnurke

Post by McSchnurke »

I'd be interested in helping out. Just tell me what I can do.

chainsoar

Post by chainsoar »

I just need mature players who can have a character on the stone and put some time into gathering resources and gold. I also generally believe an RP guild benefits from having a few regular members before opening recruitment as it helps to solidify the concept - when all the existing members have played the character for a while and got used to it, it makes it more 'real' and also means there are people around to help new recruits to learn.

The goal is to end up with a sort of veteran council who will be the elders of the tribe by the time we start recruiting.

I also have one or two ideas for events, so I'm going to need people who are good at working with guildmates and fellow UOSA players to organise and plan them. I'm absolutely not prepared to organise and run a large-scale event entirely by myself.
Braden wrote:I was getting ready to type a serious reply to this post until I saw who posted it.
[Uhh] Eo wrote:If there is one thing I am a fan of, it is exploring foreign holes.

McSchnurke

Post by McSchnurke »

Have you decided on naming conventions/character creation/allowable templates? I'll start a character as soon as I know exactly what we're doing. I'll hit you up in IRC later on tonight if you're around.

Vishakt

Post by Vishakt »

I played a savage on another free-shard (AI) before it died. I'm sure this one will be different and I'll be curious to see how this evolves. I'm not on enough to really help you but I'd consider rolling one just to give an extra body for events (unless fighting orcs)

in any event, Good luck.

chainsoar

Post by chainsoar »

Update: 3 people currently making characters to put on the stone, 4 including myself. Vishakt, it'd be great to have you onboard. I'm 100% ok with the idea that you'd have to be on the urk side of any fight between our two guilds, but you'd be a great addition to the ranks for any events that don't involve fighting bloodrock.

Hicha
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Hicha »

I'm in, I call dibs on the name Randy.
"I consider most of you NPC's that inhabit the single player game that I am here to enjoy." - MatronDeWinter

LudKrud

Post by LudKrud »

I have a char to put in if the name is ok.......Kunta Kinte

Drunk Monk

Post by Drunk Monk »

LudKrud wrote:I have a char to put in if the name is ok.......Kunta Kinte
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aUUfiyD0_n0
“What we have done for ourselves alone dies with us; what we have done for others and the world remains and is immortal.” -Albert Pike

son
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!
Location: I put an r in it http://my.uosecondage.com/Status/Player/67484

Post by son »

Dont let kevin in
rdash wrote:BLACKFOOT STAY AWAY FROM MY FRIENDS OR MEET A BLADE OF VANQUISH AND ADDITIONAL TACTICS

chainsoar

Post by chainsoar »

Alrighty, there's 3 of us on the stone so far and 2 others who want in. One of those two should be creating and starting to work on their character later today, so in a week or so we should be ready to get together as a group and farm some gold, maybe pick a few fights. I created #savages in irc for anyone who's interested. I've also started buying a few RP supplies and I'm hoping to find the owner of a large house near the stone and make him an offer.

Once the existing group of 5 have sufficiently finished their characters and made a few expeditions together, I'll drop the big introduction thread and start welcoming new recruits. Looking forward to making something out of this!

kevin-theidocghost
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by kevin-theidocghost »

son wrote:Dont let kevin in
FELIX THE CAT!!!
CHAIN LAWVES MEH DONT TALE HEM WAT DO
Timelord wrote:Every single person in the game is out to kill you, loot you and take everything you own at any time.
http://www.twitch.tv/imr4350/

Caledonia

Post by Caledonia »

Can you give us more information about concept?

I've never role-played a savage before.

McSchnurke

Post by McSchnurke »

More info coming soon!