Magic Lock Soundclip & Rune book issues

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
Black&Blue

Magic Lock Soundclip & Rune book issues

Post by Black&Blue »

The soundclip for magic lock should be nearly the same as the sound made using magic unlock.

Currently if you have a banked rune book open, and close your bank box you can still use the opened rune book. Im pretty sure that is not era accurate, correct me if i am wrong.

Also if you fizzle a recall or gate directly from a page in a rune book, you should not be able to cast recall/gate directly from a rune book page for a few moments as the book needed time to recoop.

This next one I can vaguely remember, but it may have been a patch after this era. Currently if you are viewing a rune book, you cannot add a rune to the book. I am remembering that on OSI, atleast Napa Valley server, you could add a rune to an open book but the rune would not show up until you refresh/close & re-open the book.
IRC: Intrepid_C^V

nightshark
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Re: Magic Lock Soundclip & Rune book issues

Post by nightshark »

I've heard reports that on OSI, not only were you able to use the runebook after closing the bank box, but if you kept the pages open, you could use it from anywhere. Here, you need to be within earshot of the banker.

These weren't backed up with evidence, but neither is your claim, so I am just putting it out there.

Regarding casting gate on a runebook, this is done by setting a default rune on the runebook so you can target it directly.
<green> grats pink and co. .... the 3 of you f---ing scrubs together can blow up a bard. IMPRESSIVE

LudKrud

Post by LudKrud »

if you fizzle gate or your rune is blocked you shouldnt be able to use the the pages right away.
It should say something about the runebook needing time to recover.Its only a couple seconds but it was annoying.....

Black&Blue

Post by Black&Blue »

LudKrud wrote:if you fizzle gate or your rune is blocked you shouldnt be able to use the the pages right away.
It should say something about the runebook needing time to recover.Its only a couple seconds but it was annoying.....
Thank you, that is what I remember.

As for using a rune book in a closed bank box, that is nothing I remember from Napa Valley. But, not every single server was one hundred percent thee exact same.
IRC: Intrepid_C^V

Robbbb
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Robbbb »

Black&Blue wrote:
LudKrud wrote:if you fizzle gate or your rune is blocked you shouldnt be able to use the the pages right away.

As for using a rune book in a closed bank box, that is nothing I remember from Napa Valley. But, not every single server was one hundred percent thee exact same.
This is certainly how it worked from my recollection...but at what DATE is the question.

Light Shade
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Light Shade »

Robbbb wrote:
Black&Blue wrote:

This is certainly how it worked from my recollection...but at what DATE is the question.
They did say they needed time...but again, what era. You could also drop in runes while they were open, but again, what era? I don't have any info on these 2 items that is concrete, but I do remember this. Perhaps one of the archivist types can dig it up.
[20:08] <@Kaivan> We have a ridable Maahes in Green Acres.
[10:00] <TheBreadman> leeds did a takeover on secondage
[10:00] <@Derrick> hax

Tom: Get bad bro