Guards not doing their Job!

Report any bugs you discover on the server here
DarkWing
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Guards not doing their Job!

Post by DarkWing »

I was at WBB on my thief,
i stole an item from a player sitting at the bank, and turned Grey, right next to me was a guy spamming "guards"
i waited and waited ... no one came to make me see the error of my ways!

i guess stealing from players is no longer considered a crime in the guards eyes!

Trusted Member of C^V Guild
Channel Operator of #secondagetrade

Scammer Free Trade Room

Pirul

Re: Guards not doing their Job!

Post by Pirul »

From my limited understanding of the thievery ways, there are 3 probable results from attempting to steal:

1.- You fail to steal the item, and are caught in the act. Guards can whack you
2.- You succeed in stealing the item, but are seen doing the deed. Guards can also be called on you.
3.- You succeed in stealing the item, and do so undetected. You are still "blue" and guards cannot be called upon you. You will of course be perma-grey.
<ian> 2 chicks making out are not gay

nightshark
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by nightshark »

I think it's also possible to fail and be unnoticed
<green> grats pink and co. .... the 3 of you f---ing scrubs together can blow up a bard. IMPRESSIVE

DarkWing
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by DarkWing »

Pirul wrote:From my limited understanding of the thievery ways, there are 3 probable results from attempting to steal:

2.- You succeed in stealing the item, but are seen doing the deed. Guards can also be called on you.
3.- You succeed in stealing the item, and do so undetected. You are still "blue" and guards cannot be called upon you. You will of course be perma-grey.
this is about #2

i succeeded in stealling the item but was seen .. there were spammers spamming guards, but non arrived

This happened twice

Scammer Free Trade Room

Pirul

Post by Pirul »

I'll put it up to the guards being over-worked by them damn spammers and an abundance of riff-raff in that particular bank.

And ns, you are probably right.
<ian> 2 chicks making out are not gay

applejack
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by applejack »

What would Officer Blade think of this behavior?
[cA] Organizational Information
[cA] Tales of Adventure
Tabius wrote:I am disgusted by cA's attitude in this and you should all be ashamed of yourselves.

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Others saw you as grey, or you saw yourself as grey? Even if you are completely successful you will still be perma grey and see yourself as such if I recall correctly. Experienced thieves please correct me if I'm remembering this wrong.
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."

DarkWing
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by DarkWing »

i saw myself grey, and i seen the message that guards could now be called on me, there was a guard spammer right next to me the first time, the second time i had two people yelling guards!

it only seems to happen when been seen with a successful steal turning me grey and getting the message that guards can be called on me!

Scammer Free Trade Room

DarkWing
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by DarkWing »

applejack wrote:What would Officer Blade think of this behavior?
I am sure Officer Blade would appreciate the fact that i am making sure that the Town Guards are doing their jobs! :P

Scammer Free Trade Room

the bazookas
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by the bazookas »

Hmmm... I always thought that somebody noticing you stealing was a global event, such that everybody sees you go grey and anybody can call guards--but I wonder if the ability to call guards on someone is actually dependent on whether the calling individual noticed you steal. Would have to look at the code to find out.
Most people like us, or at least they like what we do. Regardless, we appreciate all our victims, and we hope that their encounter with us is a memorable one.
-a machine gun, a bazooka, and a grenade
... a not-for-profit organization (usually)

Random

Post by Random »

I remember stealing from blues and not flagging grey to myself countless times.

I could add that I am pretty positive every time I see myself "flagged" the nearby witnesses did too for they came right after me.

Would it be possible that the person spamming guards did not notice the theft ?

DarkWing
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by DarkWing »

Random wrote:Would it be possible that the person spamming guards did not notice the theft ?
would it matter? if you had gotten the message "Guards may be called on you" ?

Scammer Free Trade Room

archaicsubrosa77
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by archaicsubrosa77 »

Derrick wrote:Others saw you as grey, or you saw yourself as grey? Even if you are completely successful you will still be perma grey and see yourself as such if I recall correctly. Experienced thieves please correct me if I'm remembering this wrong.
If you are perma..you will always see yourself as perma. Not blue...you dont turn blue to perma. You are grey and stay that way.
...and appear grey to yourself no matter as long as you commited a crime whether successful or not. Thats how people who arent guilded can steal from/attack you in town.
Derrick wrote:I wish it were possible that a mount could be whacked while you are riding it, but to the best of my knowedge it is not.

iamreallysquall

Post by iamreallysquall »

archaicsubrosa77 wrote:
Derrick wrote:Others saw you as grey, or you saw yourself as grey? Even if you are completely successful you will still be perma grey and see yourself as such if I recall correctly. Experienced thieves please correct me if I'm remembering this wrong.
If you are perma..you will always see yourself as perma. Not blue...you dont turn blue to perma. You are grey and stay that way.
...and appear grey to yourself no matter as long as you commited a crime whether successful or not. Thats how people who arent guilded can steal from/attack you in town.
my client (recromended) still shows me as green (in a guild) and if i recall correctly as blue (outside of guild) after my criminal flag wears of on my thief but i am still perma grey, on ocasion it would glitch and show me as grey even after removing my perma until i reset my client but this has not happened in quite sometime.
DarkWing wrote:
Random wrote:Would it be possible that the person spamming guards did not notice the theft ?
would it matter? if you had gotten the message "Guards may be called on you" ?
it does mater if the person did not have line of site on you and did not witness the crime.
the bazookas wrote:Hmmm... I always thought that somebody noticing you stealing was a global event, such that everybody sees you go grey and anybody can call guards--but I wonder if the ability to call guards on someone is actually dependent on whether the calling individual noticed you steal. Would have to look at the code to find out.
this should be the case here i seem to recall some patch note in one of the line of site patchs maybe ? i would have to go threw the patch note sections but i am fairly certain they must witness it with the current los rules
Pirul wrote:From my limited understanding of the thievery ways, there are 3 probable results from attempting to steal:

in situation 1 you can also fail and not go grey as nightshark suspects
<mistercherry> i bet ide beat yer asss in scrabble
<Atraxi> as soon as i find the noobs i stole from
<Jamison> lelouche your taunts will be your downfall

Random

Post by Random »

archaicsubrosa77 wrote:

Well my thief have been perma for over 2 months now. I see myself green.

Anyone that attacks me will turn me grey both for me and attacker.

Also if I get away I will turn back to green after a few mins but the attackers will see me grey forever (just like any witnesses of the theft) or until I die.