99.9 magery

Moderator: Support Moderators

Nefarity

99.9 magery

Post by Nefarity »

Hey there,

is there any sense on putting only 99.9 points in magery instead of 100 on this shard? You used to be able to avoid constant bless/curse battles by doing this as your bless only raises stats by 10 while the enemy's curse drops them by 11. So basically he curses you, you bless yourself, he can't curse you anymore because you're below your max stats. Is this possible here?

So long,
Nef

archaicsubrosa77
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: 99.9 magery

Post by archaicsubrosa77 »

:shock: :?: . You don't use pots?
I know the magic wizards hat doesnt protect you from curse...you arent maxxed then either.
Derrick wrote:I wish it were possible that a mount could be whacked while you are riding it, but to the best of my knowedge it is not.

Nefarity

Post by Nefarity »

What do you mean I don't use pots?
Just because I don't stack myself to the roof with GA and GS pots doesn't mean I don't use pots ^^

Assuming you mean the hat that drops your int by 5, well... obviously that doesn't protect you from curse because it only affects int and not all of your stats. If anything it should protect you from feeblemind.

I don't remember which patch it was but there was definitely a time where the 99.9 magery thing I described worked. Guess I'll just have to try it out...

archaicsubrosa77
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

:?
...it raises intelligence and drops strength and stamina
Derrick wrote:I wish it were possible that a mount could be whacked while you are riding it, but to the best of my knowedge it is not.

rouss

Post by rouss »

If it was plausible on OSI as of Nov 1999, it surely is plausible here. If it's not, raise a concern on Era accuracy forum. ;-)
Chesapeake Nov. 1998 — July 2000
Second Age Feb. 2009 —

Nefarity

Post by Nefarity »

archaicsubrosa77 wrote::?
...it raises intelligence and drops strength and stamina
Same thing though. If not all of the stats are below their regular value curse will still affect you at least partially. Or rather "would" if that rule applies on this shard.

Anyway, thx for the input so far.

archaicsubrosa77
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

:arrow:
Nevermind...
I totally missed the point
it doesnt work though

Nefarity

Post by Nefarity »

archaicsubrosa77 wrote::arrow:
Nevermind...
I totally missed the point
it doesnt work though
lol, np =)

Ya, I figured as much when I didn't find anything searching this forum and google for "99.9 magery". =( Would have been nice on a dexxer though since you basically don't benefit at all from having 100 magery vs 99.9.

nightshark
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by nightshark »

This has been brought up in suggestions & era accuracy a few times, I think it's a known issue, just noone has reminded the staff of it so it's gone unnoticed.
<green> grats pink and co. .... the 3 of you f---ing scrubs together can blow up a bard. IMPRESSIVE

Nefarity

Post by Nefarity »

nightshark wrote:This has been brought up in suggestions & era accuracy a few times, I think it's a known issue, just noone has reminded the staff of it so it's gone unnoticed.
So what you're saying is it should work the way I described it but doesn't? Because personally I'm not even sure it worked that way back in T2A, I know it did later though.

Pirul

Post by Pirul »

I must say this is the first I hear of this.
<ian> 2 chicks making out are not gay

nightshark
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by nightshark »

-Player A gets weakened by a GM mage (-10... that should be -11, that was cleared up a while back but was never implemented)
-Player B buffs himself with 99.9 magery (+9)
-Result is that his str is (-1), cannot be re-weakened since he is already "under that effect"
<green> grats pink and co. .... the 3 of you f---ing scrubs together can blow up a bard. IMPRESSIVE

Pirul

Post by Pirul »

I meant that in era, this was not an issue my guild and I (and the people we knew) did or even considered.

It might have come before or after, as my playing history in era is pretty much t2a and the very start of UO:R
<ian> 2 chicks making out are not gay

nightshark
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by nightshark »

For most of 1999 it was impossible to lock your skills, so this wouldn't have been widely used. Quite a few players used it beyond the UO:R patch and there were no changes to debuffs listed in patches.

I would guess the behaviour is reflected in the demo. Only thread I could find on it was from 2008, Derrick acknowledged the post but no evidence was given.

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=576

Calador

Post by Calador »

I remember this as well but I can't find any 'hard' evidence from the time period. It was if I remember correctly a 'towny dexers' defence against a GM Mage using Feeblemind -11 then Mind Blast/Mind Blast to get you low on health by simply casting Cunning for +10 so the 2 minute timer kicked in on the buff/debuff.

It might of been before UO:R but I spent the first year of my UO life [97/98? or 98/99?] getting the bejesus kicked out of me so I didn't really pay any attention to PVP other than the attractiveness of the grey robes I seem to acquire with a high frequency.

Cal.
'Calador fell instantly to an onslaught of halberd and energy bolts from fully grown, nude men who spoke as children and wore masks crafted from the heads of deer.'

Return to “New Player Help”