Skill gains

Moderator: Support Moderators

WiseOne

Skill gains

Post by WiseOne »

I am finally working on the standard hally mage but I like to raise my skills manually and I have a couple of questions for the UOSA gurus of knowledge.

Today I finally GMd Wrestling from 99 and at the same time my tactics went to 99.9 from around 99 as well. I then switched to swords and while that went from mid 50s to low 60s (7.8 raised atm) tactics did not budge and is still at 99.9. Is that skill connected to the level of other skills (so if my swords was in the 90s would it make a difference) or am I just unlucky for now?

another questions is whether the condition of the weapon has an effect on skill gains?

I am purposely using a regular sword I got from a monster and by now it is barely doing any damage. My rationale is that less damage = more hits at the monster = more skill gains. Is that right or does the chance to hit diminish with the condition of the weapon along with the damage done?
♥ Baaaaaaaaaaam ♠

Pirul

Re: Skill gains

Post by Pirul »

You do need your weapon skill close to your tactics skill to gain, so expect to GM when your swords is closer to your tactics.

The condition of the weapon does not matter, as it's your weapon skill which determines your chance to hit.
<ian> 2 chicks making out are not gay

WiseOne

Post by WiseOne »

Thanks Pirul, after 8.7 gains in swords I got the final 0.1 to be GM tactics with a total of 65 in swords. I guess its possible to raise with lower weapons skills it is just less likely.

Cheers
♥ Baaaaaaaaaaam ♠

grepler

Post by grepler »

You might want to look up and see whats the fastest sword type weapon, I think its a cleaver but not 100% sure. The faster you swing the faster you gain. If it is a cleaver, I believe its made by a tinker not a smith.

WiseOne

Post by WiseOne »

That is an excellent tip. Thank grepler!
♥ Baaaaaaaaaaam ♠

WiseOne

Post by WiseOne »

By the way for anyone who cares the fastest swordsmanship weapon based on http://wiki.uosecondage.com/Weapons is the katana which is what I was already using coincidentally :D
♥ Baaaaaaaaaaam ♠

Mikanele

Post by Mikanele »

I was not aware weapon skill needs to be close to tactics. My sword skill is like 40 and tactics is like 33. Both are gaining quickly due to raising dex shuld I lock sword to get tactics up? It seems tactics would eventually pass swords the way it levels.

Pirul

Post by Pirul »

Are you working wrestling too? If not, I wouldn't worry too much, and just keep going after you GM Swds, as a higher swds skill will translate to more hits, which should translate to more gains in tactics.
<ian> 2 chicks making out are not gay

Mikanele

Post by Mikanele »

Thanks Pirul helpful info as always.

Return to “New Player Help”