Hiding in Combat

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
archaicsubrosa77
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Hiding in Combat

Post by archaicsubrosa77 »

It's impossible to hide in combat anywhere on screen of your opponent. In the Patch Notes distance where it is possible to hide is gauged on skill level. Here it seems totally dependent on LOS alone. How is hiding really supposed to work as compared to here? Should a GM hider be able to hide behind a tree even a few steps from his persuer. As impassible immobile objects trees should block LOS right?

I guess the point I really am trying to make is... LOS seems to be stated as a factor dependent on skill level...then distance is considered where it seems even with LOS at a distance you should still be able to hide...I am guessing even onscreen

http://wiki.uosecondage.com/1999_Patch_Notes
Derrick wrote:I wish it were possible that a mount could be whacked while you are riding it, but to the best of my knowedge it is not.

Hicha
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Hiding in Combat

Post by Hicha »

From what I remember LOS didn't matter, it was the amount of tiles away you were from your opponent and it was something like 8 tiles out.
"I consider most of you NPC's that inhabit the single player game that I am here to enjoy." - MatronDeWinter

Clx
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Hiding in Combat

Post by Clx »

My memory tells me it was 8 tiles from enemy at GM hiding irregardless of LOS.